1st staff meeting....

The defending Big XII Champions
stlcatfan

Re: 1st staff meeting....

Post by stlcatfan » January 11th, 2019, 10:03 pm

tmcats wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 4:30 pm
that picture also blows a hole in the north texas coach's b.s. that he couldn't take the job because the k-state a.d. required him to keep the assistants. what a blowhard that dude. i notice he hasn't gotten any jobs since. :lol:
On the WVU Big 12 board, there was an ISU poster who called AD Taylor a liar and then proclaimed that Klieman was stepping into a "no-win situation" because Snyder was going to hold Klieman "hostage" and force Klieman to take all of his staff. Funny, that same poster hasn't had much to say about our new staff, recently. :)
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » January 13th, 2019, 9:07 am

tmcats wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 12:21 pm
this is going to be so exciting to see if that four back set actually works in the b12. simply run it down their throats. i won't have to scream anymore: run the damn ball! but will they be able to do that like ndsu has at this level? drama draped in purple.[/i]
hope you're right TM. my sense is that it's not about the backs in this league (other than what happens after first contact). it's about the beef up front and IF they can open holes.

Best back in the world, or even the best 3 backs in the world on the field at the same time, can't run through a wall if there's no holes there.

also thinking: Les Miles is right now thinking how he's going to bring his SEC sensibilties into this league and beat us into submission.

don't forget: OU stuck 'bama pretty good. had they not spotted them 21 points. then Clemson ran all over that 'great defense'

the SEC doesn't play defense nearly as well, as a league, as they like to tell themselves (and as Paul Finebaum and ESPN like to tell them)
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest