You have to love this guy

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
learnin

You have to love this guy

Post by learnin » January 10th, 2019, 4:55 pm

https://twitter.com/del_tremens_/status ... 31846?s=21

You have to love his fire. I can guarantee you that the fierce defense this team plays is sparked a great deal by Coach Frazier. Last night, for instance, the Cats has just scored. While feeling good about themselves, WVU threw it down court and launched a long three before our guys could defend and I think he was fouled while swishing a three. Timeout. As they came back to the bench, coach Frazier jumped off the bench like lightning and got into about three faces.

Watutalkaboutwillis

Pick 'Em

Post by Watutalkaboutwillis » January 10th, 2019, 5:49 pm

Did you see the gif of him smacking Weber's butt at the end of the game. That was funny. I might be on board for him to take over when the time is right.

RubberBandCat

Pick 'Em

Post by RubberBandCat » January 10th, 2019, 6:04 pm

IStillLikeHarv

Post by IStillLikeHarv » January 10th, 2019, 9:51 pm

Actually Chet, not Bruce Weber, is the main reason I started keeping track of KSU. He was the physically and mentally toughest player among some great ones I have followed at UI. He didn't have the physical talent of many, but he willed himself to be a great defender and became an all-around player as a senior (including leading the Big 10 in apg). He had some good years as a pro in Europe before he returned to join Weber at KSU. I think he has a real chance to be a very good college coach someday. I guarantee his teams will play great defense.

:D

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » January 11th, 2019, 7:19 am

IStillLikeHarv wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 9:51 pm
Actually Chet, not Bruce Weber, is the main reason I started keeping track of KSU. He was the physically and mentally toughest player among some great ones I have followed at UI. He didn't have the physical talent of many, but he willed himself to be a great defender and became an all-around player as a senior (including leading the Big 10 in apg). He had some good years as a pro in Europe before he returned to join Weber at KSU. I think he has a real chance to be a very good college coach someday. I guarantee his teams will play great defense.

I heard Chris Lowery was the type of player as well. He had some good years as head coach too.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » January 11th, 2019, 12:37 pm

i watched illini play michigan tough last night in champaign. not sure if the wolves were playing down to their competition or the opposite was the case. but brad's team seems to be getting better, although his sideline demeanor hasn't changed. technical foul was unnecessary look-at-me horseplay. :|
"What is your fair share of what someone else has worked for?" Sowell

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » January 11th, 2019, 1:14 pm

tmcats wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 12:37 pm
i watched illini play michigan tough last night in champaign. not sure if the wolves were playing down to their competition or the opposite was the case. but brad's team seems to be getting better, although his sideline demeanor hasn't changed. technical foul was unnecessary look-at-me horseplay. :|
Charisma wins contracts and defense wins championships. He will die a rich man with an empty trophy case.

kinsleycat
Has thanked: 0

Post by kinsleycat » January 11th, 2019, 4:22 pm

Hypeman wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 1:14 pm
tmcats wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 12:37 pm
Charisma wins contracts and defense wins championships. He will die a rich man with an empty trophy case.
Brad will die wealthy but not as well off as MacKenzie Bezos. Sounds like Jeff may have to write her a check for $68.5 billion dollars. Washington is a community property state.

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » January 11th, 2019, 4:36 pm

kinsleycat wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 4:22 pm
Hypeman wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 1:14 pm

Brad will die wealthy but not as well off as MacKenzie Bezos. Sounds like Jeff may have to write her a check for $68.5 billion dollars. Washington is a community property state.
That’s getting rich the old fashion way!

Highway26north

Post by Highway26north » January 16th, 2019, 2:35 pm

IStillLikeHarv wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 9:51 pm

Chet head-butting Eric Gordon in the pregame "handshake" before the Indiana game in Champaign was an all-time favorite memory of BW's time at Illinois.