Welcome to the Big XII, Brad.

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
kstueve

Re: Welcome to the Big XII, Brad.

Post by kstueve » March 20th, 2022, 2:40 pm

PNW Cat wrote:
March 20th, 2022, 2:35 pm

I see this thread as an attempt to troll seeing how it was announced before today's game that it is in all likelihood Tang.
Link?

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » March 20th, 2022, 2:43 pm

PNW Cat wrote:
learnin wrote:
March 20th, 2022, 2:26 pm

Please stop. This has nothing to do with Weber. Bruce was given a fair chance to right the ship. He came a hair from doing so but he didn’t do it so Gene Taylor had to move on. Have I made this clear enough?

This thread is about the next coach and I believe it will be Brad. It will be a popular hire so that’s a good thing for Kansas State. However, I have reservations. I do not believe Brad is a particularly good coach. Kofi Cockburn is the best player in the nation. It is my humble opinion that Brad will have to bring in major talent, like this, in order to move the program forward.
I see this thread as an attempt to troll seeing how it was announced before today's game that it is in all likelihood Tang. It's not a done deal, as they'll probably let Brad at least call Gene today to discuss it now, but I know it's a popular take among those Weber fan's that either A) Brad doesn't really love K-State as he'd once stated, and they plan to use us not hiring him as proof that he's a selfish person, and we were stupid for ever wanting him to come back here, or B) That his failure today is proof that he's a horrible x's and o's coach.

If I read it wrong, and you actually believe he's the guy, then sorry for the misunderstanding. As a mod, you must be able to understand why some of us can take it that way based off some of the posters on this board's recent antics.
Not to mention there is a whole thread about who the next coach should be and Brad has had no movement saying he should, or should not be welcomed, that would be deserving of a new thread.

Or that Brad has already been in the Big 12

Or the comment about Houston coming along who just beat Brad. Houston that won't be joining until at least 2023.

You called the trolling correct.
Last edited by AJcat7755 on March 20th, 2022, 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author AJcat7755 for the post (total 2):
PNW CatOldcat

PNW Cat

Post by PNW Cat » March 20th, 2022, 2:46 pm

kstueve wrote:
March 20th, 2022, 2:40 pm
PNW Cat wrote:

I see this thread as an attempt to troll seeing how it was announced before today's game that it is in all likelihood Tang.
Link?
Robinett reported before the game that it'd likely be announced within 24 hours, and that the clubhouse seems to be trending towards Tang. He's the person most connected to the program (media-wise), so I believe that it is most likely him. I know some people on here don't trust him because he graduated from KU, but from what I've seen of him over the years, he's been pretty well connected and usually provides the most accurate inside sources of information. I think there could potentially be one last conversation with Brad since he ended up losing, but in all likelihood it's probably just a curtesy call. It just doesn't make sense money-wise from either party's standpoint, and from a recruiting standpoint, Underwood would be giving up a lot.
These users thanked the author PNW Cat for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanksudenny

learnin

Post by learnin » March 20th, 2022, 2:48 pm

PNW Cat wrote:
learnin wrote:
March 20th, 2022, 2:26 pm

Please stop. This has nothing to do with Weber. Bruce was given a fair chance to right the ship. He came a hair from doing so but he didn’t do it so Gene Taylor had to move on. Have I made this clear enough?

This thread is about the next coach and I believe it will be Brad. It will be a popular hire so that’s a good thing for Kansas State. However, I have reservations. I do not believe Brad is a particularly good coach. Kofi Cockburn is the best player in the nation. It is my humble opinion that Brad will have to bring in major talent, like this, in order to move the program forward.
I see this thread as an attempt to troll seeing how it was announced before today's game that it is in all likelihood Tang. It's not a done deal, as they'll probably let Brad at least call Gene today to discuss it now, but I know it's a popular take among those Weber fan's that either A) Brad doesn't really love K-State as he'd once stated, and they plan to use us not hiring him as proof that he's a selfish person, and we were stupid for ever wanting him to come back here, or B) That his failure today is proof that he's a horrible x's and o's coach.

If I read it wrong, and you actually believe he's the guy, then sorry for the misunderstanding. As a mod, you must be able to understand why some of us can take it that way based off some of the posters on this board's recent antics.
I have no use for conjecture. Until Gene Taylor announces the hire, all of the chatter is just that. I highly doubt Gene Taylor has tipped off any expert about specifics. I think it will be Brad because when asked before the tournament about the K-State chatter he replied that he is only worried about the tournament. They told me everything I needed to know. Yes, he would certainly consider coming to Manhattan.

My only concern is for the future of the program. I want a coach who is good at x and o’s and can draw good talent to Manhattan without getting dirty.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 20th, 2022, 2:49 pm

gdgjr78 wrote:
March 20th, 2022, 1:35 pm
Cult of Weber never stops. We've got a couple of Elders and a few Deacons that are fanatics in their belief.
i thought we were not going to talk weber anymore, he's gone?
Why is there something rather than nothing?

kstueve

Post by kstueve » March 20th, 2022, 2:49 pm

PNW Cat wrote:
March 20th, 2022, 2:46 pm
kstueve wrote:

Link?
Robinett reported before the game that it'd likely be announced within 24 hours, and that the clubhouse seems to be trending towards Tang. He's the person most connected to the program (media-wise), so I believe that it is most likely him. I know some people on here don't trust him because he graduated from KU, but from what I've seen of him over the years, he's been pretty well connected and usually provides the most accurate inside sources of information. I think there could potentially be one last conversation with Brad since he ended up losing, but in all likelihood it's probably just a curtesy call. It just doesn't make sense money-wise from either party's standpoint, and from a recruiting standpoint, Underwood would be giving up a lot.
I just doubt that anyone on the search committee is leaking anything to any reporter

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 20th, 2022, 2:51 pm

if brad leaves illinois, i will be very surprised for multiple reasons. but if he does, it tells me it's an escape. hire tang.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
kstueve
Why is there something rather than nothing?

oscar

Post by oscar » March 20th, 2022, 2:55 pm

If Brad wants the job, he’s hired
If not, plan b or c

learnin

Post by learnin » March 20th, 2022, 2:55 pm

PNW Cat wrote:
March 20th, 2022, 2:46 pm
kstueve wrote:

Link?
I didn’t see this report but I’m happy about it if is true. First of all, it would mean that the players are being asked about their preferences and that may mean keeping Nyjel. I think Tang will be highly popular with our current players, Shane might stay and I believe Tang will bring in some good talent.
These users thanked the author learnin for the post:
stlcatfan

oscar

Post by oscar » March 20th, 2022, 2:55 pm

tmcats wrote:
March 20th, 2022, 2:51 pm
if brad leaves illinois, i will be very surprised for multiple reasons. but if he does, it tells me it's an escape. hire tang.
Escape???