Welcome to the Big XII, Brad.

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
learnin

Welcome to the Big XII, Brad.

Post by learnin » March 20th, 2022, 1:17 pm

I expect an announcement by Tuesday. I sure hope you can bring a Kofi Cockburn with you because Houston will be joining you.

pharaohcat

Post by pharaohcat » March 20th, 2022, 1:21 pm

Should make all happy, won a league championship and a game in the NCAAs.

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » March 20th, 2022, 1:34 pm

Watching Blunderwood get schooled by an old pro was enjoyable. What a clinic. Sampson knows how to coach basketball, that’s for sure.

I can’t imagine Illinois will stick with Blunderwood much longer. He inherited a loaded roster, has the best player in college basketball, and has won 1 tourney game (by a point after considerable officiating help at the end) in 5 years. And now that his specialty, cheating, is legal, chances of him winning many games is nil.

I always thought Blunderwood couldn’t coach defense, but it is clear he has no clue on offense either.

I hear he’s the top choice for KSU amongst KU fans.

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » March 20th, 2022, 1:35 pm

Cult of Weber never stops. We've got a couple of Elders and a few Deacons that are fanatics in their belief.
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » March 20th, 2022, 1:35 pm

Hypeman wrote:
March 20th, 2022, 1:34 pm
Watching Blunderwood get schooled by an old pro was enjoyable. What a clinic. Sampson knows how to coach basketball, that’s for sure.

I can’t imagine Illinois will stick with Blunderwood much longer. He inherited a loaded roster, has the best player in college basketball, and has won 1 tourney game (by a point after considerable officiating help at the end) in 5 years. And now that his specialty, cheating, is legal, chances of him winning many games is nil.

I always thought Blunderwood couldn’t coach defense, but it is clear he has no clue on offense either.

I hear he’s the top choice for KSU amongst KU fans.
Dave is that you???
These users thanked the author gdgjr78 for the post:
wild@nite
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

PNW Cat

Post by PNW Cat » March 20th, 2022, 1:40 pm

Well, maybe they'll follow Weber wherever he goes *shrug*

I'm starting to find their obsession entertaining though.

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » March 20th, 2022, 1:54 pm

Mods are trolling now? Wonderful
These users thanked the author AJcat7755 for the post:
KITNooga

learnin

Post by learnin » March 20th, 2022, 2:26 pm

PNW Cat wrote:
March 20th, 2022, 1:40 pm

Please stop. This has nothing to do with Weber. Bruce was given a fair chance to right the ship. He came a hair from doing so but he didn’t do it so Gene Taylor had to move on. Have I made this clear enough?

This thread is about the next coach and I believe it will be Brad. It will be a popular hire so that’s a good thing for Kansas State. However, I have reservations. I do not believe Brad is a particularly good coach. Kofi Cockburn is the best player in the nation. It is my humble opinion that Brad will have to bring in major talent, like this, in order to move the program forward.

oscar

Post by oscar » March 20th, 2022, 2:32 pm

PNW Cat wrote:

God I hope so

PNW Cat

Post by PNW Cat » March 20th, 2022, 2:35 pm

learnin wrote:
March 20th, 2022, 2:26 pm
PNW Cat wrote:

Please stop. This has nothing to do with Weber. Bruce was given a fair chance to right the ship. He came a hair from doing so but he didn’t do it so Gene Taylor had to move on. Have I made this clear enough?

This thread is about the next coach and I believe it will be Brad. It will be a popular hire so that’s a good thing for Kansas State. However, I have reservations. I do not believe Brad is a particularly good coach. Kofi Cockburn is the best player in the nation. It is my humble opinion that Brad will have to bring in major talent, like this, in order to move the program forward.
I see this thread as an attempt to troll seeing how it was announced before today's game that it is in all likelihood Tang. It's not a done deal, as they'll probably let Brad at least call Gene today to discuss it now, but I know it's a popular take among those Weber fan's that either A) Brad doesn't really love K-State as he'd once stated, and they plan to use us not hiring him as proof that he's a selfish person, and we were stupid for ever wanting him to come back here, or B) That his failure today is proof that he's a horrible x's and o's coach.

If I read it wrong, and you actually believe he's the guy, then sorry for the misunderstanding. As a mod, you must be able to understand why some of us can take it that way based off some of the posters on this board's recent antics.
These users thanked the author PNW Cat for the post:
Oldcat