Greetings From Fargo

The defending Big XII Champions
Boy
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Greetings From Fargo

Post by Boy » September 10th, 2019, 12:04 pm

Hello all.

I paid a little attention to K-State when Klein was in the running for the Heisman. Nice to see he's still on staff. Outcome in 13 would have been very different had he still been playing. I came down for the game in '13 and thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere of Big 12 football, not to mention the outcome of the game. I have read your board off and on throughout the years, and even more often since Klieman took the K-State job. I don't have a great fb x's and o's mind, but I enjoy watching the game. So, a couple of questions to pose to all of you. First, are the people on the goemaw board for real? Saw a thread about Klieman being classless and running up the score. He didn't do that at NDSU. If he put in a 3rd or 4th string RB in garbage time and the guy scored, that was on the defense not stopping him, not Klieman running up the score. His MO was always to rotate guys, keep guys fresh, get the younger guys reps and game experience. Anyways, just curious on that. 2nd question, if a guy wanted to make the 8 hour trek to watch a game this fall, how hard are tickets to come by? Would love seeing a game this fall. Thanks and good luck the rest of the season. Lots of people up here in ND are paying attention and hoping your team and especially the coach, do very well. Plus, not many up here really like KU!

WIldWIllieCat

Post by WIldWIllieCat » September 10th, 2019, 12:11 pm

goemaw is basically a parody website at this point and should be largely avoided if you're looking for actual information or basic human interaction

as for coming down this fall for a game, I think you should be able to find tickets for the Baylor or TCU games pretty easily right now, but demand could dramatically spike if the team continues to play well

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » September 10th, 2019, 12:14 pm

boy, we spend summers in alexandria, mn where the bison rule year around. welcome!

as for goemaw, it's reserved for boys in puberty and should be avoided if you're at all interested in actual facts.

tickets are always available on the secondary market and from k-state when playing schools who don't fill their allocation.
"What is your fair share of what someone else has worked for?" Sowell

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » September 10th, 2019, 1:41 pm

goemaw can have some good info from time to time(when I used to visit), but yes, it's a sarcastic forum. Don't take anything on there serious, as they don't either.

Tickets are usually easy to find in one place or another.

iowa_wildcat

Post by iowa_wildcat » September 10th, 2019, 4:02 pm

Klieman started substituting freely at the end of the 2nd quarter. Truth of the matter is that he platoons so many players based on the offensive calls that being a starter does not necessarily mean a whole lot. Defensive players tend to rotate the same way. He tends to not want to have tired legs on the field. No, he did nothing to keep the 2nd and 3rd teams from scoring. In fact, he gave those individuals every opportunity to shine. Yes, it was up to the defense to stop them.

bshea85

Post by bshea85 » September 11th, 2019, 6:45 am

GoEmaw is full of dudes who love Kansas State sports, but they do it very sarcastically. You can’t be too serious in that forum. It’s fun if you’re not easily butt-hurt.

About Klieman, they love the guy and are happy to see the change. They just echo and parody some of the remaining staunch Snyder defenders... you know, the guys who didn’t renew season tickets because “principles” or something Ike that. “Snyder would never put that many points on an opposing team.” “Coach would never have played those freshman.” That kind of stuff.

WIldWIllieCat

Post by WIldWIllieCat » September 11th, 2019, 6:50 am

which is why I called it a "parody website"

AlabamaLane

Post by AlabamaLane » September 11th, 2019, 7:47 am

I read that we played 88 players vs. Bowling Green so that is hardly running up the score.

Kralicek

Post by Kralicek » September 11th, 2019, 8:42 am

Goemaw has so little activity that you can check it once a week and read half a dozen new posts. It is ready for cremation.

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » September 11th, 2019, 9:44 am

Any coach that pulls all (100%) of the starters after the second drive in the 3rd quarter has pulled the mercy card out and is laying up thus therefore shouldn't be blamed for running up the score. If the 2nd and 3rd teamers get the ball in the endzone, then so be it. Both teams at that point should "be working on stuff" as opposed to being worried about the score.
EMAW