Do you own a pool?

Come on in, kick your feet up, and shoot the breeze...
3rdgradeteach
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Do you own a pool?

Post by 3rdgradeteach » April 29th, 2019, 8:28 pm

Why should I put one in? Why shouldn't I put one in? Kids are 9 and 11.

Zoltar

Post by Zoltar » April 29th, 2019, 9:20 pm

Just like a boat, there are only two days you like the pool: the day you buy it and the day you sell it.
Win the dang day!

ToledoCat#2
Been thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#2 » April 30th, 2019, 11:42 am

Not a chance. I've 2 brothers-in-law who have in-ground pools that I can use just by driving a few miles.

RichardZ

Pick 'Em

Post by RichardZ » May 1st, 2019, 9:00 am

Got the best of all worlds. My daughter and son in law live on the property next to ours. They have a swell pool/hot tub/bar/loungy things. I get to enjoy it and no work on my part....at all.
"At the core of Liberalism is the spoiled child... miserable, as all spoiled children are. Unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats"...P. J. O'Rourke

jabba

Post by jabba » May 5th, 2019, 9:09 am

I have a pool, it is an expense like any toy. it doesn't take that much work though really. it is great in the heat of the summer when its really the only thing you can do outside. When its closed you don't do anything to it. Ill add SHADE is a must so youll want a cabana or some kind of covered area on the edge

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » May 5th, 2019, 12:37 pm

3rdgradeteach wrote:
April 29th, 2019, 8:28 pm
Why should I put one in? Why shouldn't I put one in? Kids are 9 and 11.
When my kids were the same age as yours, I went to Academy Sports and spent about $250 one of those big blue round pools. Was about 20' across and 4' deep. I called it the big blue bladder. Used it for the summer. Drained it and rolled it up and put it under the deck with a tarp over it. Drug it back out and used it 3 years before we finally trashed it. Kids loved it. I could just fall over the side into it after mowing to get instantly cooled off. Minimal investment. And about that time my kids were out running around with friends and I didn't have to deal with the aggravation and continued expense/upkeep of a pool. Worked GREAT for us. Agree with jabba that investing in a pop up shade tent is well worth the $$ as well. Happy swimming!
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » May 5th, 2019, 9:53 pm

RichardZ wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 9:00 am
Got the best of all worlds. My daughter and son in law live on the property next to ours. They have a swell pool/hot tub/bar/loungy things. I get to enjoy it and no work on my part....at all.
always wondered: in summer, why not keep the 'hot' tub cool? folks don't put pools in back yards for laps. it's just dipping to cool off.
quicker, easier with a 'spa'?
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest