New Kansas License Plates

Come on in, kick your feet up, and shoot the breeze...
stlcatfan

New Kansas License Plates

Post by stlcatfan » November 28th, 2023, 12:15 pm

I read a while back that Kansas is getting new license plates, starting with the cars whose plates are the older embossed ones which are showing signs of fading. The plate design the governor chose was very different from the current plate with the state seal on it.

Well, apparently a lot of folks have let the governor know they are not happy with the new design so she is now giving the citizens of Kansas the ability to vote for a different design. Apparently, some (KU fans?) didn't like the "Mizzou colors." I think it looks more like WVU colors, but that's just me.

I don't know what's wrong with our current plates. They are similar, but not the same as the old ones. I like the black numbers and letters more than the navy blue on the current plate design. Oh well.

https://www.ksnt.com/capitol-bureau/kan ... -backlash/
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#3 » November 29th, 2023, 11:29 pm

Proves that pols will pay attention and take action when the electorate rises up. :))))
These users thanked the author ToledoCat#3 for the post:
stlcatfan

NatCat2

Post by NatCat2 » November 30th, 2023, 8:27 am

I don’t live in Kansas a

NatCat2

Post by NatCat2 » November 30th, 2023, 8:30 am

I don’t live in Kansas so I don’t have any skin in the game but that plate is terrible. On the wall in my garage is a Kansas plate from the 80s that is blue with several stalks of wheat. Something that looks like Kansas.
These users thanked the author NatCat2 for the post:
stlcatfan

ToledoCat#3

Post by ToledoCat#3 » November 30th, 2023, 12:45 pm

The yellow may be the color of sunflowers, but it's not a good color for a plate.
These users thanked the author ToledoCat#3 for the post:
stlcatfan

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » November 30th, 2023, 6:01 pm

ToledoCat#3 wrote:
November 30th, 2023, 12:45 pm
The yellow may be the color of sunflowers, but it's not a good color for a plate.
Again, I'm not sure why we are going to a new design anyway. The light blue and white background with the state seal and the black numbers and letters seems to work well. How much will it cost to change the design vs. keeping the same one? Just replace the old faded embossed plates with the new ones.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

NatCat2

Post by NatCat2 » December 1st, 2023, 9:55 am

I agree STL. I’ve seen the current one and it’s fine. I’m always amazed at these kind of things where someone has an idea. You’d think a proposal would be reviewed by upline managers or someone with the authority to say let’s rethink this. But in the business world often times if you push back on a dumb idea you’re labeled as not a team player and end up on the list for the next RIF. But in this case the outcry from the community was too great to ignore and it got stopped. Thankfully.
These users thanked the author NatCat2 for the post:
stlcatfan