Sick or dark humor

Come on in, kick your feet up, and shoot the breeze...
SCKSCat

Sick or dark humor

Post by SCKSCat » February 18th, 2023, 9:50 am

I asked a pretty, young homeless woman if I could take her home. She smiled at me and said yes. The look on her face soon changed, however, when I walked off with her cardboard box.
Last edited by SCKSCat on March 15th, 2023, 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » February 18th, 2023, 9:54 am

Two guys in a Hollywood homeless camp were talking.
"Hey dude, here in Hollywood to become an actor you have to have a hook. What's your hook?"
Worms, the other replied.

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » February 18th, 2023, 10:21 am

I saw a homeless guy in the park eating grass.
I asked him "Why are you eating grass?"
He said "I am very hungry"
I replied "Oh, okay then. Come with me."
You should've seen his face when I showed him my backyard.

purpleprairiecat
Location: Spokane, WA but lived in Manhattan, KS for many years.

Post by purpleprairiecat » February 18th, 2023, 12:00 pm

This thread is hateful and makes fun of people who are in an unfortunate situation in their life. If you were suddenly homeless, I can guarantee you that you would not find humor in the situation. Many people are only one or two paychecks from being in a homeless situation.

ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#3 » February 19th, 2023, 11:20 am

Lighten up, PPC. Not every damned thing in life has to be taken seriously. Laughing at these jokes doesn't prove a thing about our feelings for the homeless.

Go take a hike up Steptoe Butte and enjoy the panorama from the top.

purpleprairiecat

Post by purpleprairiecat » February 19th, 2023, 2:04 pm

The posts are disrespectful and should be taken down. These insults have no place on a K-State bulletin board. They are embarrassing. Have you asked a homeless person how they feel about the insulting jokes? It is not humor when it is done at the expense of people who are in unfortunate situations.

ToledoCat#3

Post by ToledoCat#3 » February 19th, 2023, 11:03 pm

Your life seems sad to me, if you must view every situation, every joke, too, through social-sensitive eyes.

Where's the joy of living?
+++++++

I ask, how many of the homeless are in their sad state of affairs because of their own irresponsible decisions or actions at some point in their lives?

I know many homeless just have bad luck in life and end up homeless. I think the nation could and should do more for the homeless and the $$$ for it is now being spent on acclimating illegal immigrants to their new, benevolent home.

purpleprairiecat

Post by purpleprairiecat » February 20th, 2023, 1:41 am

ToledoCat#3 wrote:
February 19th, 2023, 11:03 pm
Your life seems sad to me, if you must view every situation, every joke, too, through social-sensitive eyes.

Where's the joy of living?
+++++++

I ask, how many of the homeless are in their sad state of affairs because of their own irresponsible decisions or actions at some point in their lives?

I know many homeless just have bad luck in life and end up homeless. I think the nation could and should do more for the homeless and the $$$ for it is now being spent on acclimating illegal immigrants to their new, benevolent home.
It is not humorous to make fun of people who are in a minority or in an unfortunate situation . The homeless jokes are unnecessary and insulting. I suggest you read the following:

https://www.haventoronto.ca/single-post ... is-no-joke

Please keep in mind that people experiencing homelessness are in a minority group. The jokes posted above are a feeble attempt to make fun of a minority group. The jokes represent what is called "disparagement humor." This is an attempt to find humor through "the denigration of a social group or its representatives." You can read about such attempts for humor here:

https://theconversation.com/psychology- ... rate-63855

Disparagement humor often leads to discrimination and violence against the targeted group. Violence against homeless persons is a national crisis as shown in this short article: https://homelessness.ucsf.edu/blog/viol ... vulnerable.

Unfortunately, I do not have a mechanism to have a rational discussion with you in response to your questions. In my opinion, the sooner this thread disappears to The Warzone the better. The thread should never have been placed in any of the boards on K-Statefans.com except for The Warzone. As you know, I do not post on The Warzone anymore since it became a cesspool of conspiracy theory, lies, and hate.

Thank you for your concern about my life and my possible state of sadness. I am happy all of the time, except when the Cats lose and when someone lacking any common sense of responsibility to other people tries to pass off insulting jokes about minority groups.

ToledoCat#3

Post by ToledoCat#3 » February 20th, 2023, 10:36 am

I didn't post the jokes -- and would not. However, I did not get all-a-twitter about homelessness after reading them. I smiled and went on.

And, how wrong you are to even suggest that I would do, or have an urge to do, violence to a homeless person.

I have a suspicion that in my long lifetime, I've done more to help the poor -- not the homeless -- than most of the die-hard DeLPS on this board.

I'm done on the subject. Have a good day.

I still suggest you hike to the top of Steptoe Butte and let the panorama of the Palouse engulf you.

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » February 20th, 2023, 11:19 am

Mods or Jazz please move to War Zone. Dark humor is not for everyone