K-State vs Colorado

Come on in and chat about the women's basketball team!
Wyldkatz

Re: K-State vs Colorado

Post by Wyldkatz » March 27th, 2024, 12:21 pm

tmcats wrote:
March 27th, 2024, 10:54 am
always the purple colored glasses. i've been a wbb fan since wecker's team. they were more talented than this year's mittie crew. two of k-state's three leading all-time scorers, two all-americans - wecker and ohlde - plus a long time pro, megan mahoney.

mittie recruited this 2023/24 outfit. he molded them into a team that got as high as #2 in the nation. then injuries hit, both gabby and yoki. yet the team was still more than competitive and won most of their games without lee. she came back but clearly not in the same form as before the injury. yet, state hosted the ncaa first round and won their first game. 26 wins overall. not good enough though but for purple colored glasses.

mittie is a solid d1 wbb coach. he's won 64% of his games. 644 wins. he's been in post season play every year here sans one. kamie ethridge who coaches wazzu has won 57% of hers. deb patterson 61%. and, he recruits quality young women who also excel in the classroom.
Gene is that you? I can't debate with someone who is happy with a 63% win percentage. Also, his win % at Kstate is sub 60. Those Mountain West wins really padded his overall percentage.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 27th, 2024, 12:23 pm

facts are stubborn little things. opinions are a dime a million.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
purpleprairiecat
Why is there something rather than nothing?

greycat68

Post by greycat68 » March 27th, 2024, 2:17 pm

TM, I guess the majority of us are just going to have to agree to disagree on the coach Mittie issue. For those of you who still believe, I commend you for your loyalty,optimism and blind faith. I will continue to support the program and attend all the games as I have for the past 25 years. However my expectations will not be high as long as Mittie is at the helm.
These users thanked the author greycat68 for the post:
ksuwbbfan

purpleprairiecat
Location: Spokane, WA but lived in Manhattan, KS for many years.

Post by purpleprairiecat » March 27th, 2024, 2:50 pm

tmcats wrote:
March 27th, 2024, 10:54 am
always the purple colored glasses. i've been a wbb fan since wecker's team. they were more talented than this year's mittie crew. two of k-state's three leading all-time scorers, two all-americans - wecker and ohlde - plus a long time pro, megan mahoney.

mittie recruited this 2023/24 outfit. he molded them into a team that got as high as #2 in the nation. then injuries hit, both gabby and yoki. yet the team was still more than competitive and won most of their games without lee. she came back but clearly not in the same form as before the injury. yet, state hosted the ncaa first round and won their first game. 26 wins overall. not good enough though but for purple colored glasses.

mittie is a solid d1 wbb coach. he's won 64% of his games. 644 wins. he's been in post season play every year here sans one. kamie ethridge who coaches wazzu has won 57% of hers. deb patterson 61%. and, he recruits quality young women who also excel in the classroom.
I am not ashamed of looking at K-State women's basketball through purple-colored glasses. To me that is a badge of honor. I am old and have learned by experience that a positive attitude on life is far more productive than having a negative attitude. I have been a fan of women's basketball since my high school days when both boys and girls teams traveled together on the school bus. I have also followed several women's basketball programs over the years including Arkansas, Ohio State, Kansas State (season ticket holder for about 35 years), Georgia, Washington State, and Gonzaga (season ticket holder for the last 3 years).

I support Coach Mittie and think he has done a great job. He is not perfect. I completely agree with tmcats about this years team. Considering injuries to Lee, Gregory, Sundell, and perhaps others that we may not know about, I think this is perhaps Mittie's best coaching job.

I also follow other bulletin boards and social media sites dealing with K-State women's basketball. The criticism of this year's team and Coach Mittie on this bulletin board is not typical for most K-State fans.

ksuwbbfan

Post by ksuwbbfan » March 27th, 2024, 3:15 pm

What's wrong with wanting more? I don't get it.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 27th, 2024, 4:08 pm

ksuwbbfan wrote:
March 27th, 2024, 3:15 pm

we want more. hopefully, she returns.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
purpleprairiecat
Why is there something rather than nothing?

purpleprairiecat

Post by purpleprairiecat » March 27th, 2024, 4:57 pm

tmcats wrote:
March 27th, 2024, 4:08 pm
ksuwbbfan wrote:

we want more. hopefully, she returns.
:agree: :clap: :clap: :clap:
These users thanked the author purpleprairiecat for the post:
tmcats

purpleprairiecat

Post by purpleprairiecat » March 27th, 2024, 5:14 pm

ksuwbbfan wrote:
Nothing wrong with setting aspirational goals. Please keep in mind that aspirational goals rarely are achieved 100%. Aspirational goals are not useful if failure for 100% achievement leads to detrimental negativity. When I look at the team's achievements for 2023-24 and considering in the injury factor, I see a glass that is nearly full whereas you see a glass that is nearly empty. The only way the glass can be completely full is by winning a national championship, which only one team gets to do. My approach for success of the team next year would be different than yours in both the short and the long term. Since I am not in the basketball business, I can't tell you whether your approach or mine is best for success in basketball. I know my approach is better in regards to life and career success.

ksuwbbfan

Post by ksuwbbfan » March 27th, 2024, 5:50 pm

Believe me, I am not looking for a National Championship every year but being in the discussion each year would be nice.
These users thanked the author ksuwbbfan for the post:
Cats1124

DeereCatFan

Pick 'Em

Post by DeereCatFan » March 28th, 2024, 5:48 am

Don't follow the women's team that closely, but certainly pull for them and will watch if it's on a channel I have. As mentioned in another post I really was able to only watch this last game against CU. I'd heard it can be frustrating and it was. For the life of me I cannot understand why a coach wouldn't change something if all it does is creates turnovers. I bet 90% of the time they tried to feed Lee it was a TO. My gawd - draw up something else. And the passing - holy shit. Can't there be a little fricking zip on some passes. Did this not bother anyone else? Maybe it's repetitive and folks are just used to it. This to me falls on coaching. There was also no half time adjustments to utilize Lee more. She has to be more capable of other things than what I saw.