K-State vs Colorado

Come on in and chat about the women's basketball team!
Catalum

Re: K-State vs Colorado

Post by Catalum » March 25th, 2024, 2:01 pm

tmcats wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 11:41 am
i didn't read this thread. after watching comments on X, i can hardly imagine what the pc pounders have written here. fans can be extrordinarily obtuse in losses. it comes with living vicariously, i suppose.

but this has been an exceptional season. these are women we took great pride in supporting all year. gabby, yoki, serena, the glenns are the epitome of what wildcat student-athletes should be.

coach mittie recruited these girls and molded them into a fine team. took them to #2 in the country. they're missing some parts that would have propelled them this year, emily ryan being one. then there were the injuries. but he's to be commended for bringing a quality team, a sold out house, 27 wins, a memorable year.

hopefully, yoki returns. but i will completely understand if she decides there's more to life than hoops and moves on. either way, her banner is due. and if she returns, this team will make another run. i expect with the two freshmen turning sophomores, joining sundell and lee, it will be deeper.

anyway, fun year. wonderful team. love them all.
Well said, tm. These ladies gave tremendous effort this season and they were a joy to watch. They represent their university very well. I will miss Gabby and Yoki (if she leaves). Gabby's postgame was hard to watch without shedding a tear....she was very emotional and it's obvious she loves this university.
These users thanked the author Catalum for the post (total 3):
tmcatspurpleprairiecatcatalyst

Because my safety, my freedom, and my rights are non-negotiable.

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » March 25th, 2024, 2:27 pm

I think the girls are close and that is what may bring Yokie back. Gabby will be missed. I think we only have one recruit as of now. Hopefully we can find some good players in the portal. Another big girl, a three point shooter, and a quick guard who can create her own shot are some areas of need.

purpleprairiecat
Location: Spokane, WA but lived in Manhattan, KS for many years.

Post by purpleprairiecat » March 25th, 2024, 3:05 pm

Catalum wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 2:01 pm
tmcats wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 11:41 am
i didn't read this thread. after watching comments on X, i can hardly imagine what the pc pounders have written here. fans can be extrordinarily obtuse in losses. it comes with living vicariously, i suppose.

but this has been an exceptional season. these are women we took great pride in supporting all year. gabby, yoki, serena, the glenns are the epitome of what wildcat student-athletes should be.

coach mittie recruited these girls and molded them into a fine team. took them to #2 in the country. they're missing some parts that would have propelled them this year, emily ryan being one. then there were the injuries. but he's to be commended for bringing a quality team, a sold out house, 27 wins, a memorable year.

hopefully, yoki returns. but i will completely understand if she decides there's more to life than hoops and moves on. either way, her banner is due. and if she returns, this team will make another run. i expect with the two freshmen turning sophomores, joining sundell and lee, it will be deeper.

anyway, fun year. wonderful team. love them all.
Well said, tm. These ladies gave tremendous effort this season and they were a joy to watch. They represent their university very well. I will miss Gabby and Yoki (if she leaves). Gabby's postgame was hard to watch without shedding a tear....she was very emotional and it's obvious she loves this university.
:agree: K-State women's basketball fans have much to be thankful for and a great future to look forward to for the team.
These users thanked the author purpleprairiecat for the post:
tmcats

Catalum

Post by Catalum » March 25th, 2024, 3:06 pm

Need to find a way to leverage Maupin's incredible athleticism, but if she's going to compete down low, she'll need to add some bulk.
These users thanked the author Catalum for the post:
tmcats

Because my safety, my freedom, and my rights are non-negotiable.

Wyldkatz

Post by Wyldkatz » March 25th, 2024, 6:06 pm

Catalum wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 3:06 pm
Need to find a way to leverage Maupin's incredible athleticism, but if she's going to compete down low, she'll need to add some bulk.
She has a lot of upside, but I doubt it will ever be tapped into. Our development program is sorry. Our Junior class is still putting up nearly the same numbers they were putting up as freshman. I was really excited about their potential when they were freshman, but they've really not taken any huge strides in 3 years. I'm not faulting them, i really like our players and their character. I'm just hard pressed to name a player under Mittie who really elevated their game and developed as years went by.
These users thanked the author Wyldkatz for the post (total 2):
ksuwbbfanGoCats

purpleprairiecat
Location: Spokane, WA but lived in Manhattan, KS for many years.

Post by purpleprairiecat » March 25th, 2024, 6:53 pm

Wyldkatz wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 6:06 pm
Catalum wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 3:06 pm
She has a lot of upside, but I doubt it will ever be tapped into. Our development program is sorry. Our Junior class is still putting up nearly the same numbers they were putting up as freshman. I was really excited about their potential when they were freshman, but they've really not taken any huge strides in 3 years. I'm not faulting them, i really like our players and their character. I'm just hard pressed to name a player under Mittie who really elevated their game and developed as years went by.
I don't understand the reasons for the Mittie hate on this board. As for player development, you must be forgetting about Lee and Sundell to name just two.
These users thanked the author purpleprairiecat for the post:
tmcats

Wyldkatz

Post by Wyldkatz » March 25th, 2024, 8:02 pm

purpleprairiecat wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 6:53 pm
Wyldkatz wrote:

I don't understand the reasons for the Mittie hate on this board. As for player development, you must be forgetting about Lee and Sundell to name just two.
Sundell is averaging 1 more point a game than she did as a freshman. Lee 16 ppg as a freshman and 19 ppg this year. Do you consider getting a total of 4 more points per game out of your leading scorers over their careers good development?
These users thanked the author Wyldkatz for the post:
GoCats

GoCats

Post by GoCats » March 25th, 2024, 8:40 pm

Wyldkatz wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 8:02 pm
purpleprairiecat wrote:

Sundell is averaging 1 more point a game than she did as a freshman. Lee 16 ppg as a freshman and 19 ppg this year. Do you consider getting a total of 4 more points per game out of your leading scorers over their careers good development?
Similar to MBB over the period of the early 90s (Asbury time) to pre-Huggins, the lack of substantive and consistent WBB success has apparently lowered the expectations of the fanbase to the point that most do not feel comfortable criticizing the coach who got us to the second round of the NCAA tourney - because we haven’t accomplished anything more than that for the past two decades.

ksuwbbfan

Post by ksuwbbfan » March 25th, 2024, 8:55 pm

GoCats wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 8:40 pm
Wyldkatz wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 8:02 pm

Similar to MBB over the period of the early 90s (Asbury time) to pre-Huggins, the lack of substantive and consistent WBB success has apparently lowered the expectations of the fanbase to the point that most do not feel comfortable criticizing the coach who got us to the second round of the NCAA tourney - because we haven’t accomplished anything more than that for the past two decades.
This is so true. It’s just not good enough. We should want more for this program.

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » March 25th, 2024, 10:54 pm

purpleprairiecat wrote:
Wyldkatz wrote:

And I think they’ve done very well with bigs. Lee has obviously come a long way since her frosh year. But how Brianna and Peyton were transformed was certainly because of some very good coaching.

I don’t always agree with Mitties in game decisions but many times those can be hindsight. I remember how terrible his team was about 4-5 years ago with trying to break a full court press.

My biggest thing this year is we just didn’t get enough involvement from others. Mainly just Lee and Sundell. Gregory did at times but no consistency and certainly not consistency from anyone else. The Glenn’s are juniors. They need to be more productive. I think Sides will next year. Hopefully both Sanchez and Walker will be also. We need more from other bigs. Maupin shows potential and promise, but as others have said needs to be stronger. Need to start getting some contribution from Greer and Lester.

Don’t know who we have coming in but hopefully more talent that can contribute in some way. And who might we get from the portal?