NCAA Women's Tournament

Come on in and chat about the women's basketball team!
purpleprairiecat
Location: Spokane, WA but lived in Manhattan, KS for many years.

NCAA Women's Tournament

Post by purpleprairiecat » March 23rd, 2024, 1:15 pm

Starting a new thread for the discussion of the games that K-State is not playing. I am currently watching the KU vs Michigan game. It is early but KU looks timid and tired. It seems to me that in general the first round games in the women's tournament are more interesting and competitive than in the men's tournament.

purpleprairiecat

Post by purpleprairiecat » March 23rd, 2024, 1:32 pm

I'll be attending the Gonzaga vs UC Irvine and Utah vs South Dakota State games in Spokane this afternoon and tonight. I will be yelling for South Dakota State on behalf of tmcats. The games will be played in a sold-out McCarthey Athletic Center, which is a nice facility that only seats 6000. Season ticket holders from Gonzaga were upset because most were not allowed to purchase their usual season ticket locations per NCAA rules regarding ticket distribution. We were moved from nice seats in the lower section to much less desirable seats in the upper section. I'll post a report after the game. I expect Gonzaga to easily win because their strength is a fast-pace game and shooting 3's, which is UC Irvine's weakness. Utah is the favorite in the second game. They average 78 points per game, but SDSU averages allowing only 60 points per game.

purpleprairiecat

Post by purpleprairiecat » March 23rd, 2024, 3:19 pm

KU beat Michigan in overtime by 9. They finished 22 to 9 to close out regulation and tie the game.

ksuwbbfan

Post by ksuwbbfan » March 23rd, 2024, 4:48 pm

OU losing to FGCU 61-58 with 6 :25 to go.

ksuwbbfan

Post by ksuwbbfan » March 23rd, 2024, 7:38 pm

Big 12 is 7-0 after the first round.

purpleprairiecat

Post by purpleprairiecat » March 23rd, 2024, 9:57 pm

Gonzaga got off to a slow start but beat UC Irvine 75 - 56. Now watching Utah vs South Dakota State. Utah got off to a fast start, but SDSU has closed the gap at halftime. Utah up 27 to 24. The Utah coach got a T just before half and deserved a second one. K-State is better than these teams. Due to injuries, Gonzaga is down to 8 players.
These users thanked the author purpleprairiecat for the post:
randallcat85

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 24th, 2024, 10:13 am

purpleprairiecat wrote:
March 23rd, 2024, 1:32 pm
I'll be attending the Gonzaga vs UC Irvine and Utah vs South Dakota State games in Spokane this afternoon and tonight. I will be yelling for South Dakota State on behalf of tmcats. The games will be played in a sold-out McCarthey Athletic Center, which is a nice facility that only seats 6000. Season ticket holders from Gonzaga were upset because most were not allowed to purchase their usual season ticket locations per NCAA rules regarding ticket distribution. We were moved from nice seats in the lower section to much less desirable seats in the upper section. I'll post a report after the game. I expect Gonzaga to easily win because their strength is a fast-pace game and shooting 3's, which is UC Irvine's weakness. Utah is the favorite in the second game. They average 78 points per game, but SDSU averages allowing only 60 points per game.
you didn't yell loud enough. :(

will be interesting to see how iowa handles wvu's quickness, or doesn't. and the clones get stanford - audi v. the antelope.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 24th, 2024, 10:23 am

best i can uncover, k-state will get but 15% of the ticket proceeds plus parking and concessions for hosting. the ncaa is such a money pit. :roll:
Why is there something rather than nothing?

purpleprairiecat

Post by purpleprairiecat » March 24th, 2024, 1:02 pm

tmcats wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 10:13 am
purpleprairiecat wrote:
March 23rd, 2024, 1:32 pm
you didn't yell loud enough. :(

will be interesting to see how iowa handles wvu's quickness, or doesn't. and the clones get stanford - audi v. the antelope.
I tried. There was a good turnout of fans from South Dakota State. Utah has a wide body center who was a bit too much for SDSU to handle. She can score either inside or from the perimeter. The SDSU band was great, and the Jackrabbit mascot was fun to watch.
These users thanked the author purpleprairiecat for the post:
tmcats

purpleprairiecat

Post by purpleprairiecat » March 24th, 2024, 6:55 pm

Looks like Texas is going to advance. They are up 61 to 51 with about 2 minutes left. Booker has 19. Texas has missed a ton of shots at the rim.