NCAA Women's Tournament

Come on in and chat about the women's basketball team!
ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Re: NCAA Women's Tournament

Post by ToledoCat#3 » March 25th, 2024, 10:26 pm

Only for hair-splitters. OU choked it up when it should have won. Fire their coach of the year. ;)))
These users thanked the author ToledoCat#3 for the post:
AlabamaLane

ksuwbbfan

Post by ksuwbbfan » March 25th, 2024, 10:37 pm

ToledoCat#3 wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 10:26 pm
Only for hair-splitters. OU choked it up when it should have won. Fire their coach of the year. ;)))
Wonder what it’s like to have a coach of the year…. Or to win the conference. OU did ok.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 26th, 2024, 11:20 am

afterthoughts ...

1. ku played usc tough but ultimately fell to the deeper and more talented troy. coach schneider has won enough to keep his job yet another year but will lose a lot of talent, presumably. he does have a top freshman guard though, nichols.

2. i watched usc's juju for three quarters. i guess she turned it on in the fourth after i went all pillow. i'd take texas' madison booker every time over juju.

3. iowa won. caitlin got near thirty, nothing new, but then dropped the f'bomb. x-world howled in indignation. i wondered why that never happens when men drop it? i thought espn's coverage was awful though. nothing but promoting clark. nauseatingly so. but beth does that to me regardless her narrative. when wvu lost jj quinerly to fouls, i knew it was curtains for the eers.

4. all three b12 teams lost: wvu, ku, and ou at indiana. sooners went out in a whimper after winning the b12 regular season. i'm sure their coach is catching fire from ou fans, more righteous indignation. :roll:

5. the zags took out utah. i wish the b12 would invite the jesuits too - like nd in the acc - just basketball for gonzaga though. we need a catholic school to balance off the baptists and mormons, right?

Why is there something rather than nothing?

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 26th, 2024, 11:58 am

WBB SWEET 16 NET RANKING AT START OF TOURNAMENT

#1 South Carolina (1)
#2 Connecticut (3)
#3 Texas (1)
#4 Stanford (2)
#5 Iowa (1)
#6 UCLA (2)
#7 Notre Dame (2)
#8 LSU (3)
#10 USC (1)
#12 Gonzaga (4)
#13 NC State (3)
#14 Indiana (4)
#16 Colorado (5)
#17 Oregon State (3)
#18 Baylor (5)
#20 Duke (7)

TOP 5 ELIMINATED SO FAR

#9 Ohio State
#11 Utah
#15 Kansas State
#19 Virginia Tech
#21 West Virginia

source: texasjeremy

purpleprairiecat
Location: Spokane, WA but lived in Manhattan, KS for many years.

Post by purpleprairiecat » March 26th, 2024, 12:15 pm

tmcats wrote:
March 26th, 2024, 11:20 am
afterthoughts ...

1. ku played usc tough but ultimately fell to the deeper and more talented troy. coach schneider has won enough to keep his job yet another year but will lose a lot of talent, presumably. he does have a top freshman guard though, nichols.

2. i watched usc's juju for three quarters. i guess she turned it on in the fourth after i went all pillow. i'd take texas' madison booker every time over juju.

3. iowa won. caitlin got near thirty, nothing new, but then dropped the f'bomb. x-world howled in indignation. i wondered why that never happens when men drop it? i thought espn's coverage was awful though. nothing but promoting clark. nauseatingly so. but beth does that to me regardless her narrative. when wvu lost jj quinerly to fouls, i knew it was curtains for the eers.

4. all three b12 teams lost: wvu, ku, and ou at indiana. sooners went out in a whimper after winning the b12 regular season. i'm sure their coach is catching fire from ou fans, more righteous indignation. :roll:

5. the zags took out utah. i wish the b12 would invite the jesuits too - like nd in the acc - just basketball for gonzaga though. we need a catholic school to balance off the baptists and mormons, right?

Thanks for your afterthoughts........great ones too!!!

In regard to item 5, I couldn't agree more. After living in Spokane for almost 3 years and following Gonzaga women's basketball, I can say that the Zags are a first class act. They have both excellent academics and outstanding sports. They would be a great addition to the Big 12. Other than basketball, they would be competitive in other sports too including baseball and men's and women's soccer. Of course, adding Gonzaga would also allow me to see Big 12 basketball games again in person, especially the Cats!

About the game last night, Gonzaga came out hot in front of a really loud and sold-out crowd. Gonzaga had balanced scoring. They had 4 players in double figures. The Utes face guarded the Zags top scorer, and she only had 9 points. The Zags are down to 8 players due to injury. They were 12 of 22 on 3's . The score may not indicate this because both teams are excellent offensively, but the defense on both sides was tenacious. The Zags will be a tough out in the tournament. Utah is an excellent team with one of the fastest point guards, I have ever seen. They have a wide-body 6'2" (looks more like 6') player from Alaska, last name is Pili, who scores both inside and shooting 3's. She is a deadly 3-point shooter and is extremely hard to guard. Pili had 35 points last night, including 12 - 20 on FG's and 4 - 7 on 3's.

Unfortunately, Texas will be a tough match up for Gonzaga. Unless the Zags shoot lights out on 3's, Texas will wear them down with their physicality and bench strength. It will be interesting to see how the Zags try to guard Booker.
These users thanked the author purpleprairiecat for the post:
tmcats

Catalum

Post by Catalum » March 26th, 2024, 12:37 pm

tmcats wrote:
March 26th, 2024, 11:20 am
afterthoughts ...

Huge foul disparity in that game (27 vs 11), which is typical with CC & Iowa. Same thing with MTSU vs LSU....31 vs 16. If All-Americans are supposed to get the benefit of the doubt, why doesn't Yoki? How may FT did she get in her last game....that's right....ZERO. The system is setup to insure the big name schools advance....good for TV ratings. CC constantly with an aggressive "arm-bar" when driving. Heck, even your picture tm shows that.

Because my safety, my freedom, and my rights are non-negotiable.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 26th, 2024, 12:47 pm

clark gets away with stuff that gabby wouldn't. refs know that a foul on caitlin threatens their proceeds. she mouths off all the time without consequences. but that's not doug sirmons or john higgins out there calling the game. they're not afraid of the moment. wbb officials too often cower to it.

These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
114Hickory

Catalum

Post by Catalum » March 27th, 2024, 10:45 am

It will be interesting to see how Iowa handles CU. I would expect the "powers that be" to insure CU's quickness and physicality doesn't adversely affect Iowa's chances to advance, just as they did with WVU.

Because my safety, my freedom, and my rights are non-negotiable.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 28th, 2024, 11:17 am

Brad Doebele
@catfan28
Here’s the final Round of 32 attendance numbers.
Very well done
@KStateWBB
fans! 💜 🐐 👀

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 1st, 2024, 11:45 am

easter afterthoughts ...

1. good grief, what will tv ratings be for iowa/lsu tonight - through the roof - maybe 10 million;
2. lol that portland can't get it straight with the three point line - why are we surprised, there are no rules in that town;
3. texas nor baylor could hold serve for the b12 - good riddance whorns;
4. kim mulkey clutching her pearls again - but what a fabulous coach;
5. caitlin, juju, paige, angel - star power galore left in this one.