Iowa State - wow!

Come on in and chat about the women's basketball team!
Orion12521

Re: Iowa State - wow!

Post by Orion12521 » March 25th, 2024, 4:45 pm

ToledoCat#3 wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 4:15 pm
Thanks Orion, that's good to know.

I based my conjecture in what I knew: Miss Crook does not have a prototypical basketball physique and she came from a very small school. I didn't know she was that heavily recruited.

I wish KSU had been successful in recruiting her. She seems to have a perfect basketball demeanor -- never lets a past play affect a future play.
She breaks a lot of stereotypes about what it means to be athletic and an athlete. She plays with a lot of skill and finesse and really surprised me the first time I got to see her play. I have a friend from high school, his daughter's teams have done very well in the state tournament the past several years. If not, I probably wouldn't have known much, if anything about Audi. My friend's daughter knows her from AAU and the family thinks very highly of Audi.

Orion12521

Post by Orion12521 » March 25th, 2024, 4:47 pm

ksuwbbfan wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 4:29 pm
Orion12521 wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 3:59 pm

Home grown talent from here in Iowa. Her teams went a collective 101-8 in her four years in high school, making the state finals all four years and winning the state championship twice. It was the first time her high school had won state championships. She shot 72.4% from the field for her high school career. She was the #57 player in her class nationally as a senior (ESPN). She was recruited by Iowa, Iowa State, University of Northern Iowa and Drake within Iowa. Outside of Iowa, she received offers from Maryland, Minnesota, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Mississippi State, Penn State, Oklahoma... and Kansas State. She was and is a phenomenal talent and I don't think there were any Clone fans that were anything other than ecstatic that she signed with them.
She's amazing and I love her smile. She's going to be a pain for us going forward. Congrats on your showing in the tournament.
Hey now! I live in Iowa, but I'm a Cat fan through and through. :rofl:

ksuwbbfan

Post by ksuwbbfan » March 25th, 2024, 6:19 pm

Orion12521 wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 4:47 pm
ksuwbbfan wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 4:29 pm

She's amazing and I love her smile. She's going to be a pain for us going forward. Congrats on your showing in the tournament.
Hey now! I live in Iowa, but I'm a Cat fan through and through. :rofl:
Oops my bad!😂