#15 cats host isu wed, 6:30, espn+ ...

Come on in and chat about the women's basketball team!
tmcats

Pick 'Em

#15 cats host isu wed, 6:30, espn+ ...

Post by tmcats » February 26th, 2024, 12:09 pm

this is a must win to potentially host ncaa first round games. twister sisters are 10-6 in b12 play coming here winning 3 of last 4, losing to texas after beating k-state, then easily handling byu and houston. i expect our crew to have some anger off the bad loss in lawrence and earlier being upset in ames. hope to fill the gym.

iowa gets bombed by indiana (86-69) and drops two spots to #6. k-state loses at ku by three but down five to #15. wbb rankings make as much sense as their refs. :|

Why is there something rather than nothing?

Wyldkatz

Post by Wyldkatz » February 26th, 2024, 12:43 pm

I think if KState wins these last two then they'll still be a 4 seed and host. If they lose 1 of these last two probably not gonna be a top 4 seed. And the way they finished the season, it will be justified. We just aren't playing well right now. Hope they figure it out. We were scoring 25+ pt quarters early in conference play. 55 for the game now. That isn't going to cut it. Our defense hasn't been near what it was a month or so ago as well. Am I discouraged? A little. Will I still be there Wed. Night? Hell Yeah!
These users thanked the author Wyldkatz for the post:
tmcats

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » February 26th, 2024, 12:45 pm

Wyldkatz wrote:
February 26th, 2024, 12:43 pm
I think if KState wins these last two then they'll still be a 4 seed and host. If they lose 1 of these last two probably not gonna be a top 4 seed. And the way they finished the season, it will be justified. We just aren't playing well right now. Hope they figure it out. We were scoring 25+ pt quarters early in conference play. 55 for the game now. That isn't going to cut it. Our defense hasn't been near what it was a month or so ago as well. Am I discouraged? A little. Will I still be there Wed. Night? Hell Yeah!
me2

ChemEngCat
Has thanked: 0

Post by ChemEngCat » February 26th, 2024, 1:42 pm

It seems we are sluggish at the start of games recently. I don't know whether the other teams are doing something different defensively than we expected? Against WVU, we were behind 13-5 at the end of the first quarter and then 18-9 before we started hitting shots. Against KU, we were down 17-6 with about 2 minutes left in the 1st quarter. Against UCF, we didn't make a basket for the first 4 minutes of the game. I hope on Wednesday, we come out with great urgency and score quickly.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » February 26th, 2024, 1:49 pm

i hate to say it but gabby has not contributed much to this team. she was a fabulous shooter before but has lost it this year. not sure why? it's certainly not because she's unengaged or doesn't play hard. but her lack of production has been a been significant hole for this outfit.

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » February 26th, 2024, 2:12 pm

tmcats wrote:
February 26th, 2024, 1:49 pm
i hate to say it but gabby has not contributed much to this team. she was a fabulous shooter before but has lost it this year. not sure why? it's certainly not because she's unengaged or doesn't play hard. but her lack of production has been a been significant hole for this outfit.
I would have to agree. She plays hard but the offensive production has just not been there for the most part. Last 7 games she’s had 4 with 5 points or less. I know she’s had the shoulder issues so not sure if that’s the main reason or not. But she’s also struggling scoring in the paint compared to last year. I’ve wondered if playing Sanchez more might help out more offensively anyway.

purpleprairiecat
Location: Spokane, WA but lived in Manhattan, KS for many years.

Post by purpleprairiecat » February 26th, 2024, 4:02 pm

bhoovy wrote:
February 26th, 2024, 2:12 pm
tmcats wrote:
February 26th, 2024, 1:49 pm
I would have to agree. She plays hard but the offensive production has just not been there for the most part. Last 7 games she’s had 4 with 5 points or less. I know she’s had the shoulder issues so not sure if that’s the main reason or not. But she’s also struggling scoring in the paint compared to last year. I’ve wondered if playing Sanchez more might help out more offensively anyway.
Mittie has hinted several times that Gregory has been fighting through a shoulder injury. She is an excellent defender and is the best passer on the team. Her floor leadership is crucial. Yes, the team is more crisp when she is hitting her shots. I don't know if the injury will improve or if she will just have to play with the injury. I think the overall injury situation is the main reason for the decline in offensive productivity.

greycat68

Post by greycat68 » February 26th, 2024, 4:52 pm

Gabby has been my favorite player since she got here and it is really sad to see her struggle. She is now hurting the team sometimes not being an offensive threat. I have to think it is all the injuries. Shoulder, wrist, thumb and now ankle. But, if she is not able to contribute we need to go with other options. Likewise I do not think our best team is with both Glenn’s on the floor. I would also like to see Lee and Maupin on the floor at the same time. Sides has also earned more playing time. Not sure what the answer is, but I hope we find it soon.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » February 26th, 2024, 5:04 pm

i guess we don't see lee and maupin together because eliza doesn't have much of a jump shot, yet. but a high/low post game with those two would be interesting to watch. and yes, sides at point seems to give this team more flow leaving the off-guard position open for serena's considerable offensive game. she's another who seems somewhat weary having carried the cats through lee's injury.

Catalum

Post by Catalum » February 27th, 2024, 4:51 pm

tmcats wrote:
February 26th, 2024, 5:04 pm
i guess we don't see lee and maupin together because eliza doesn't have much of a jump shot, yet. but a high/low post game with those two would be interesting to watch. and yes, sides at point seems to give this team more flow leaving the off-guard position open for serena's considerable offensive game. she's another who seems somewhat weary having carried the cats through lee's injury.

Maupin is a very athletic young lady.

Because my safety, my freedom, and my rights are non-negotiable.