#10 cats @ ku, sunday, 1pm, espn2 ...

Come on in and chat about the women's basketball team!
ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Re: #10 cats @ ku, sunday, 1pm, espn2 ...

Post by ToledoCat#3 » February 26th, 2024, 12:35 pm

I feel sorry for folks who can't enjoy this women's BB team for what it is -- highly competitive every game. Standout character players. Represents KSU with class.

A "fan" who is never happy, unless a "perfect" ball game is played, is doomed to seldom be happy. Perfection is seldom achieved in any human activity.
These users thanked the author ToledoCat#3 for the post:
katlander

pipe95

Post by pipe95 » February 26th, 2024, 3:57 pm

Haven't seen anyone, including my post, calling out the "character" or "class" of our players.

"fan" is short for fanatic. We are all fanatics. No "fan" expects a perfect game. Those are not realistic.
These users thanked the author pipe95 for the post (total 2):
GoCatskatlander

ksuwbbfan

Post by ksuwbbfan » February 26th, 2024, 4:01 pm

pipe95 wrote:
February 26th, 2024, 3:57 pm
Haven't seen anyone, including my post, calling out the "character" or "class" of our players.

"fan" is short for fanatic. We are all fanatics. No "fan" expects a perfect game. Those are not realistic.
Exactly. Would it help if we lowered our expectations and settled for mediocrity?
These users thanked the author ksuwbbfan for the post:
GoCats

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » February 26th, 2024, 5:07 pm

ToledoCat#3 wrote:
February 26th, 2024, 12:35 pm
I feel sorry for folks who can't enjoy this women's BB team for what it is -- highly competitive every game. Standout character players. Represents KSU with class.

A "fan" who is never happy, unless a "perfect" ball game is played, is doomed to seldom be happy. Perfection is seldom achieved in any human activity.
yes, you're catching some heat for a somewhat odd take, toledo. i didn't comment because i didn't understand who you were shooting your pistol at - maybe yourself in the mirror, idk? ;-)
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
GoCats
Why is there something rather than nothing?

ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#3 » February 27th, 2024, 2:42 pm

I simply don't understand the quick criticisms of this year's WBB team. This is an excellent team, better than KSU has had in years. Yet, some "fans" can't enjoy the successes, and seem eager to find -- and point out -- faults.

I stand by what I said, "if you're only happy with perfection, you'll seldom be happy."

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » February 27th, 2024, 2:45 pm

ToledoCat#3 wrote:
February 27th, 2024, 2:42 pm
I simply don't understand the quick criticisms of this year's WBB team. This is an excellent team, better than KSU has had in years. Yet, some "fans" can't enjoy the successes, and seem eager to find -- and point out -- faults.

I stand by what I said, "if you're only happy with perfection, you'll seldom be happy."
from my perspective, you're looking for a fight without reason. fans care. so they comment. apathy not criticism is the antithesis of love. i hope you're in the gym with us wednesday.

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » February 28th, 2024, 1:53 pm

Maybe we peaked too early. Also, it has been a long season, with some injuries to key players. Obviously Yokie's injury sent us on a much different trajectory. But the basketball God's can be fickle. Maybe our fortunes are ready to turn back to the positive.

Gorhoops

Post by Gorhoops » February 28th, 2024, 2:01 pm

katlander wrote:
February 28th, 2024, 1:53 pm
Maybe we peaked too early. Also, it has been a long season, with some injuries to key players. The basketball God's can be fickle. Maybe our fortunes are ready to turn back to the positive.

I will say this katlander, you are on to something with our fortunes. The women's conference tourney is a week before the men so the women get more time off after the season to rest and recuperate.

We will also be a tough draw for people because the teams in the Big 12 know our players so well and everything that we do, so as the season goes along, it can be difficult to operate. But if you have unique players, those players can really be huge in the tourney. Think about the men last year, during the grind of the conference, Markquis went through a stretch where he was struggling with turnovers and we lost what, four in a row. But get to the tourney against teams that don't know you well and now Quis' driving and dishing was just destroying people.

Now think about Yoki. An extra week to get healthy. The playing against people that simply have never faced a post player like her. Now, some may just completely try to take her away and that is when the others will need to step up and Mittie will need to have a plan for that, but I really see our ladies getting back to their non-con success when they hit the tourney and play people on short notice with limited scouting.
These users thanked the author Gorhoops for the post:
katlander

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » February 28th, 2024, 2:24 pm

tonight's game v. ames will tell us a lot about where this team is going forward. the cyclones are very good and matchup well with k-state. they're also well coached. win this one convincingly and everything sorta resets. lose on senior night, at home, it's a bad omen.

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » February 28th, 2024, 3:29 pm

I think Walker needs to be given the green light to score the ball. Not really a freshman, and if she kinda was at the start of the year, she definitely is not now. Three level scorer. I agree with an earlier poster regarding putting Maupin and or Sanchez in there with Yokie. Both are good rebounders and can crash the boards to get putbacks from Yokie and others.