bracketology thread ...

Come on in and chat about the women's basketball team!
ksuwbbfan

Re: bracketology thread ...

Post by ksuwbbfan » March 1st, 2024, 1:08 pm

tmcats wrote:
March 1st, 2024, 12:12 pm
as of 3/1 these are the schools who would host first round games. so k-state has gone from a.p. #2 to unranked on this bracket list. only the b12 OuTs find a place which is grating. :|

NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Committee | Feb. 29 – Top 16 Ranking*
1. South Carolina
2. Ohio State
3. Stanford
4. UCLA
5. Virginia Tech
6. Texas
7. Iowa
8. Southern California
9. LSU
10. UConn
11. NC State
12. Oregon State
13. Colorado
14. Indiana
15. Gonzaga
16. Oklahoma
No one to blame but ourselves. We couldn't do what we needed to do to keep our spot.

purpleprairiecat
Location: Spokane, WA but lived in Manhattan, KS for many years.

Post by purpleprairiecat » March 1st, 2024, 1:21 pm

tmcats wrote:
March 1st, 2024, 12:12 pm
as of 3/1 these are the schools who would host first round games. so k-state has gone from a.p. #2 to unranked on this bracket list. only the b12 OuTs find a place which is grating. :|

NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Committee | Feb. 29 – Top 16 Ranking*
1. South Carolina
2. Ohio State
3. Stanford
4. UCLA
5. Virginia Tech
6. Texas
7. Iowa
8. Southern California
9. LSU
10. UConn
11. NC State
12. Oregon State
13. Colorado
14. Indiana
15. Gonzaga
16. Oklahoma
This is bad news for the Cats, but there are still opportunities get back into the Top 16. It all starts with the game on Saturday at Texas Tech.

I should also say that as a season ticket holder and supporter of Gonzaga women's basketball, I am very happy to see the Zags on the list. They are most deserving and will be a difficult out in the NCAA tournament. They are a veteran team with outstanding three point shooting, strong guard play (twins who are sixth-year players), a leading scorer who plays the 3, and an athletic forward. The Zags have destroyed their opposition in the West Coast Conference and beat Stanford early in the season by 20 points when Brinks only played in the first half and was sick.
These users thanked the author purpleprairiecat for the post:
tmcats

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 1st, 2024, 1:28 pm

it's strange there's that much separation between ou and texas as the sooners have beaten them twice.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

greycat68

Post by greycat68 » March 1st, 2024, 2:16 pm

I predicted this 5 weeks ago and was accused of being dumb. Regrettably I wish I had been wrong. The injuries to Yokie, Gabby and Serena have turned us in to no more than an average team. We are playing hesitant and with no confidence. I wish Mittie could turn it around but I have my doubts.
These users thanked the author greycat68 for the post:
ksuwbbfan

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 1st, 2024, 6:15 pm

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story ... rojections

march 1st bracket has k-state in spokane playing in gonzaga's regional with drake and toledo. #1 seed there is stanford, #2 iowa. ;-)

purpleprairiecat

Post by purpleprairiecat » March 2nd, 2024, 11:54 am

tmcats wrote:
March 1st, 2024, 6:15 pm

march 1st bracket has k-state in spokane playing in gonzaga's regional with drake and toledo. #1 seed there is stanford, #2 iowa. ;-)
If this bracketology holds up and if both teams win their opening round, K-State would be playing Gonzaga in round 2 on the Zags home court. They are undefeated at home this year. A sellout crowd of 6000 is guaranteed. McCarthey Arena is really loud and intimidating.The Zags would be a difficult match up for the Cats. This is exactly the type of match up the Cats could have avoided by winning the games against KU and Iowa State, which they should not have lost.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 2nd, 2024, 1:18 pm

purpleprairiecat wrote:
March 2nd, 2024, 11:54 am
tmcats wrote:
March 1st, 2024, 6:15 pm

If this bracketology holds up and if both teams win their opening round, K-State would be playing Gonzaga in round 2 on the Zags home court. They are undefeated at home this year. A sellout crowd of 6000 is guaranteed. McCarthey Arena is really loud and intimidating.The Zags would be a difficult match up for the Cats. This is exactly the type of match up the Cats could have avoided by winning the games against KU and Iowa State, which they should not have lost.
well, all away regionals are going to be on the other gals' home court, gonzaga being no exception to that reality. and yes, we all know what advantage was lost, perhaps. but still there's a glimmer of hope depending how the cats finish in kc. yokie needs to heal in a hurry. get 30 and 15 from her the rest of the way and lord only knows how this ends.

Wyldkatz

Post by Wyldkatz » March 3rd, 2024, 9:53 am

Colorado losing 5 or their final 6 games including their last game at home to a Washington St team that won't even make the tournament does not deserve a top 4 seed. They are really using that early win over LSU to prop them up. I'd say Kstates early win over Iowa is just as strong of not better.

We didn't finish well so we really have to one to blame but ourselves, but I think they are still more deserving than a few of these others.
These users thanked the author Wyldkatz for the post:
AlabamaLane

Wyldkatz

Post by Wyldkatz » March 4th, 2024, 1:12 pm

Latest bracketology has us as a 5 in Boulder. Would play Colorado 2nd round. If this holds true, I'd take that, as I believe we are better than Colorado. I'm still not sure how they're a 4 over us.
They have lost 5 or their last 6 and their lone win was a 6 point victory over 15-13 Washington.

purpleprairiecat

Post by purpleprairiecat » March 12th, 2024, 5:31 pm

Here is the latest bracketology: https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/stor ... rojections

K-State is a 5 seed playing on Gonzaga's home court. However, the Zags just lost the West Coast tournament to Portland. This will probably cost the Zags a 4 seed and should improve the chances for the Cats to get a 4 seed. Other 4 seeds include Colorado, Virginia Tech, and Indiana. I don't know why Creme is so enamored with Colorado. They aren't that good. They have lost 6 of their last 8 games.