Iowa Game

Come on in and chat about the women's basketball team!
tmcats

Pick 'Em

Re: Iowa Game

Post by tmcats » November 17th, 2023, 1:01 pm

iowa post game presser ... sorta waste of time watching it unless you enjoy seeing caitlin after a loss. :|

https://youtu.be/FdDw7COpMUs
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
randallcat85
Why is there something rather than nothing?

greycat68

Post by greycat68 » November 17th, 2023, 3:35 pm

We will need to shoot the ball better to be a consistent top 15 team. But the potential is there. Gabby, Sides and Sanchez are all much better shooters than they have shown so far. The next 3 weeks are going to be crucial to our post season hopes. We have Wisconsin, then probably North Carolina, possibly Iowa again and then a good Missouri team in St. Joseph. If we can get through that gauntlet with only one loss we should be in good shape. I hope the fans, including students get out and support this team and give us a great home court advantage. The Thanksgiving tournament in Florida will be really tough. We will have to be on top of our game for 3 games in 3 days and if we do play Iowa again in the championship they will have fire in their eyes. Getting to the championship won’t be easy. North Carolina is very good. Much more athletic than Iowa.
These users thanked the author greycat68 for the post (total 3):
randallcat85purpleprairiecattmcats

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » November 18th, 2023, 11:30 am

walker brings a ton of athleticism to go with sundell and gabby. the twins are athletic but don't bring the scoring pop. sides also seems to be coach's girl quick at point. i really like this team. but yes, the shots need to start dropping. state missed a ton of bunnies at iowa city. as for the hawkeyes, they are as athletic as my big toe, sans caitlin, who i love watching play the game.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
randallcat85
Why is there something rather than nothing?

purpleprairiecat
Location: Spokane, WA but lived in Manhattan, KS for many years.

Post by purpleprairiecat » November 18th, 2023, 1:05 pm

I watched a replay of the game and was really impressed by the quality of play by K-State. Yes, they did miss too many shots, but some of those shots will start falling. The Cats adjusted nicely to the hostile environment, and their defense was outstanding. This was the first time I have watched Walker, Sides, and Sanchez play. They are great additions to the team. K-State was able to nicely adjust the offense when Lee was not in the game. The change in style of play when Lee is out of the game will make it hard for other teams to adjust. Not to beat a dead horse, but the quality of officiating in that game was awful. I don't know why Jesse Dickerson is picked to officiate all of these critical games. There will always be controversy with the officiating because of his inconsistency.

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » November 26th, 2023, 1:48 am

Wow a revenge game against Iowa in a Thanksgiving holiday tournament.
Women are having a very good start.
I am ready for Cats to beat someone from Iowa.
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post:
randallcat85