Lady Cats win over Horn Frog Ladies

Come on in and chat about the women's basketball team!
oldcat59
Has thanked: 0

Re: Lady Cats win over Horn Frog Ladies

Post by oldcat59 » January 23rd, 2023, 2:09 pm

Wyldkatz: "When only about 20% of your recruiting classes are actually developing into BiG 12 caliber players you've got problems."

Harris had knee operation few weeks ago. She is walking now. Gatewood had knee operation during her high school senior year, did not play. Is supposedly fully recovered. Hey, any baseball team batting .250 is going to be a bit above average. One out of four winners is what this class is at this time. Maupin can and should be a legit player. Currently the class of '23 is high school seniors, Taryn Sides and Alexis Hess. SIDES IS GOOD. SMALL BUT GOOD! Hess is a big bodied player. Occasionally, she can be aggressive under the boards.

purpleprairiecat
Location: Spokane, WA but lived in Manhattan, KS for many years.

Post by purpleprairiecat » January 23rd, 2023, 3:20 pm

oldcat59 wrote:
January 23rd, 2023, 2:09 pm
Wyldkatz: "When only about 20% of your recruiting classes are actually developing into BiG 12 caliber players you've got problems."

Harris had knee operation few weeks ago. She is walking now. Gatewood had knee operation during her high school senior year, did not play. Is supposedly fully recovered. Hey, any baseball team batting .250 is going to be a bit above average. One out of four winners is what this class is at this time. Maupin can and should be a legit player. Currently the class of '23 is high school seniors, Taryn Sides and Alexis Hess. SIDES IS GOOD. SMALL BUT GOOD! Hess is a big bodied player. Occasionally, she can be aggressive under the boards.
I always appreciate the excellent analysis and information from Oldcat59. After having season tickets for K-State women's basketball for over 30 years, I am now located in the Pacific Northwest. I can't watch the women play in person, but I catch them and other Big 12 teams on TV as much as possible. We now have season tickets for Gonzaga women's basketball. They are fun to watch and are ranked 17th with a 19 - 2 record. Honestly, Gonzaga would get worn down with the physical play if they played in the Big 12. Gonzaga consistently draws 5000 fans in an arena that seats 6000.