Selection Sunday

Come on in and chat about the women's basketball team!
catfan28

Selection Sunday

Post by catfan28 » March 13th, 2022, 11:00 am

purpleprairiecat
Location: Spokane, WA but lived in Manhattan, KS for many years.

Post by purpleprairiecat » March 13th, 2022, 2:06 pm

Texas is currently leading Baylor by 11 at the half. If Texas wins, will they replace Baylor as #1 seed?

ksuwbbfan

Post by ksuwbbfan » March 13th, 2022, 7:14 pm

Well this will be a good story line. KSU against former KSU coaches and a KSU great.

catfan28

Post by catfan28 » March 13th, 2022, 8:49 pm

Kid In the Hall
Has thanked: 0

Post by Kid In the Hall » March 13th, 2022, 9:30 pm

That coaching staff will be out for blood...

At first glance - Wazzu is surprising worse from 3 pt range than we are (I say surprising knowing how much their staff likes the 3-ball), but they're more efficient overall on the offensive end. They're a worse rebounding team than us, but they take better care of the ball. And, they play at a slower pace than we do.

Also, they have a very heavy international roster (top 6 scorers are international players).

Should be an interesting matchup...
These users thanked the author Kid In the Hall for the post:
purpleprairiecat

purpleprairiecat
Location: Spokane, WA but lived in Manhattan, KS for many years.

Post by purpleprairiecat » March 13th, 2022, 11:21 pm

Kid In the Hall wrote:
March 13th, 2022, 9:30 pm
That coaching staff will be out for blood...

At first glance - Wazzu is surprising worse from 3 pt range than we are (I say surprising knowing how much their staff likes the 3-ball), but they're more efficient overall on the offensive end. They're a worse rebounding team than us, but they take better care of the ball. And, they play at a slower pace than we do.

Also, they have a very heavy international roster (top 6 scorers are international players).

Should be an interesting matchup...
I have seen Wazzu play in person versus Gonzaga. The Zags dominated play and led almost the entire game but lost at the end. This is the way that Wazzu plays. They keep it close, wait for the other team to make mistakes and wear down, and then they pull ahead at the end. They are a gritty team that makes few mistakes. They are not tall, but they have players who are bulky and know how to create space. They use the clock and run a lot of screens. Their guards will cause match up problems for K-State. Wazzu's tallest player is 6'3", so K-State will have a definite height advantage with Lee. Several of their international players look older and obviously have much international experience. The K-State defense will have to be fundamentally sound. We will need to hit some three pointers and keep Lee out of foul trouble.
These users thanked the author purpleprairiecat for the post:
tmcats

ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#3 » March 14th, 2022, 10:21 am

I'll never believe that the selection committee doesn't look for ways to create interest in games by pairing up teams with some "bad history."

I think Wazzou is a decent draw, but I still think it wasn't a random or ranking draw.
These users thanked the author ToledoCat#3 for the post:
Kralicek

kswrangler52

Post by kswrangler52 » March 14th, 2022, 12:59 pm

Of course we get the UCON regional again, with a possible game against a team we already played. Until they quit protecting the top 16 there will be very little interest outside of the teams playing. The same teams play at home for 2 games then drive down the road 10 miles to play the next 2, never leaving "home" until the final 4. They expanded to 68 with play-in games now they need to go to a REAL regional set up like the men do,
These users thanked the author kswrangler52 for the post (total 2):
Kralicekcatl

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 14th, 2022, 1:34 pm

ToledoCat#3 wrote:
March 14th, 2022, 10:21 am
I'll never believe that the selection committee doesn't look for ways to create interest in games by pairing up teams with some "bad history."

I think Wazzou is a decent draw, but I still think it wasn't a random or ranking draw.
they also set up a potential iowa v. iowa state rematch.
Why is there something rather than nothing?