Hypeman

Re: The Cocks get notice....

Post by Hypeman » February 17th, 2020, 10:44 am

wild@nite wrote:
February 16th, 2020, 5:43 pm
learnin wrote:
February 16th, 2020, 4:28 pm

Fake media....fake news.....
Actually, he is correct. Frank gave our program a huge shot in the arm nationally whether you like it or not. Admitting that, doesn't mean you agreed with his style or are "selling your soul". Some of you guys just kill me. Be an adult and learn how to seperates truths from your emotions.

I hope Frank gets caught if he's cheating, but denying that he and his teams didn't bring serious positive media attention to Manhattan is just flat wrong.
His media attention was as much about his coaching “antics” and sideline show as his team success. Denying that is just flat wrong.

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » February 17th, 2020, 10:45 am

Zoltar wrote:
February 17th, 2020, 12:12 am
He was and still is, at best a circus clown. I never liked the 'face' he put on our program or the way he treated the players. What comes around goes around and he is being exposed for the cheat that he is.
Zoltar and I have finally come to an agreement on something. Right on!

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » February 17th, 2020, 11:02 am

Hypeman wrote:
February 17th, 2020, 10:44 am
wild@nite wrote:
February 16th, 2020, 5:43 pm

Actually, he is correct. Frank gave our program a huge shot in the arm nationally whether you like it or not. Admitting that, doesn't mean you agreed with his style or are "selling your soul". Some of you guys just kill me. Be an adult and learn how to seperates truths from your emotions.

I hope Frank gets caught if he's cheating, but denying that he and his teams didn't bring serious positive media attention to Manhattan is just flat wrong.
His media attention was as much about his coaching “antics” and sideline show as his team success. Denying that is just flat wrong.
I'm not going to argue with you, but anyone who thinks people outside of Manhattan didn't love "Fear the Beard" or argues that Frank gave KSU a national brand is in denial. Again, in order to admit that, you have to seperate yourself from hatred and other emotions, which many on here can't do.

He's a loudmouth cheater, and I'm glad Currie caught him, but prior to that, more of the nation knew who KState was. Before the scandal. Argue it if you want, but it's blind hatred and inability to separate emotion from fact if you do.

I'll add that I liked Frank (off the court. Met him a couple of times and he was genuine and interested in talking with me) and gave him the benefit of the doubt. However, he is a cheater and I hope he gets fired. It's what he deserves. I dislike cheaters more than anything I think.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » February 17th, 2020, 11:13 am

I'll freely admit Frank brought K-State to a prominence it hadn't had for a long time. Whether the accolades were positive or negative probably depends on the individual's viewpoint. In my area and travels, he was more a laughing stock and "what will he do next" than really admired for his coaching ability.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » February 17th, 2020, 12:02 pm

actually, it was bob huggins who brought frank martin, delonte hill - his baltimore aau pipeline, brad underwood, and the recruits frank won with after huggs left for wvu. i really doubt frank would have won anything here if not for huggins getting it started with beasley and walker. pullen, rodney, jamsam, and the rest would not have come to k-state otherwise.

as for cheating, it dosn't look like frank will get caught in this fbi/ncaa sting as his assistant, lamont evans, who was here as well, was getting paid by a third party to direct usc,e and oSu players to their firm. that was likely clear of frank's influence. no one has yet alleged usc,e paid to get those players to columbia, sc, although i'm not sure why they would have come otherwise.
Last edited by tmcats on February 17th, 2020, 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Puffdad

Post by Puffdad » February 17th, 2020, 12:02 pm

I would agree exactly Hilltop. He definitely brought attention to us. Most of the comments from the coaching fraternity were
“did you hear what he said?” or “did you watch that show?” My problem was.... it was all about him and his show.

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » February 17th, 2020, 1:33 pm

Attention in basketball, if your not a blue blood, seems very short lived. You get the attention while your good, but it quickly fades. Blue bloods get attention even in down years, because it's a story about look at this blue blood being down, but anyone else that is down your out of the news. Everyone loves the feel good story, or the Cinderella, but it's quickly forgotten. But all it takes is winning, it doesn't necessarily need a story, or a popular player, or a polarizing coach. Now those items add to it, but if your not winning, no one cares about those other things it seems.

learnin

Post by learnin » February 17th, 2020, 3:23 pm

tmcats wrote:
February 17th, 2020, 12:02 pm
actually, it was bob huggins who brought frank martin, delonte hill - his baltimore aau pipeline, brad underwood, and the recruits frank won with after huggs left for wvu. i really doubt frank would have won anything here if not for huggins getting it started with beasley and walker. pullen, rodney, jamsam, and the rest would not have come to k-state otherwise.

as for cheating, it dosn't look like frank will get caught in this fbi/ncaa sting as his assistant, lamont evans, who was here as well, was getting paid by a third party to direct usc,e and oSu players to their firm. that was likely clear of frank's influence. no one has yet alleged usc,e paid to get those players to columbia, sc, although i'm not sure why they would have come otherwise.
Just as Weber gets the blame for players who can’t shoot, Martin is to blame for an assistant coach who bought players with money wherever it came from.

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » February 17th, 2020, 5:46 pm

hilltopwildcat wrote:
February 17th, 2020, 11:13 am
I'll freely admit Frank brought K-State to a prominence it hadn't had for a long time. Whether the accolades were positive or negative probably depends on the individual's viewpoint. In my area and travels, he was more a laughing stock and "what will he do next" than really admired for his coaching ability.
Precisely