KITNooga

Re: James Love

Post by KITNooga » February 7th, 2020, 3:51 pm

Puffdad wrote:
February 7th, 2020, 12:09 pm
KITNooga wrote:
February 7th, 2020, 11:47 am

agreed.

interesting (to me) thought Puff: if one were to talk to Dean now, how does he maintain foot health versus his college career?
doing things differently? anything to learn here?

or is it just time, physical maturity.

I wonder: these kids get awful tall awful fast. takes a while, I'd think, for bodies to fully adapt?
Those are all great questions Kit and I have asked those questions. I have shared before that he’s not carrying the weight he was in college.....not lifting as heavy.....and not having 2 or 3 hour practices. I could say more but being on a public forum is not the place to do that. Most of that is pretty personal. I will agree from my personal experiences that big kids that grow fast have more foot problems than smaller guys.
But having said that he had NO foot issues in basketball in high school or jr. high.
thanks Puff. appreciate the limited response and reasons why. wasn't asking for the deep dive stuff.

just thinking about 'why something is one way' over here, and not that way over there. kind of stuff.

didn't we used to have injuries under Frank, but they were different? knees?
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » February 7th, 2020, 6:43 pm

ToledoCat#2 wrote:
February 7th, 2020, 11:26 am
This argument is kind of moot. Everyone hopes the foot problems of our bigs goes away.

Yeah......THAT'S an effective solution to an ever present problem. Good luck with that approach. It hasn't worked up to this point.
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » February 7th, 2020, 6:44 pm

Puffdad wrote:
February 7th, 2020, 10:34 am
gdgjr78 wrote:
February 7th, 2020, 10:01 am

There is an enormous amount of smoke for there to be no fire imo. I guess hypothetically the plethora of foot injuries our bigs have experienced were just bad luck but it isn't statistically likely.
Exactly. I suppose in a court of law you couldn’t call it proof but a preponderance of the evidence shows there is a problem. Dean’s history this year vs. his career is about all you need to look at. DJ is another example. He could never really practice his entire career at K- State after his broken foot. And that’s over 3 years. And then he’s just “lucky” that he goes overseas a few months after he graduates and plays professionally for 3 years and has absolutely no foot problems?? Don’t think so either. And same extended problems in college for Maurice, Williams, Shadd, and Love?
:agree: :clap: :agree: :clap: :agree: :clap: :agree: :clap: :agree: :clap: :agree: :clap: :agree: :clap: :agree: :clap: :agree: :clap:
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.