Londoncat
Has thanked: 0

Re: KU Game Notes and Thread

Post by Londoncat » January 22nd, 2020, 2:40 pm

Hypeman wrote:
January 22nd, 2020, 2:26 pm
Londoncat wrote:
January 22nd, 2020, 2:23 pm
On one of the replays that I saw, there was a KU student in the front row with his phone out and pointed down at the KU players surrounding Love against the wall. Would love to find that kid and see what his video shows . . . but if the kid is smart, he probably showed it to his buddies right after the game and then promptly deleted it if it shows what I suspect would be the acts of the KU players behaving in a less-than-favorable light (based on the arm and leg movements of the KU players surrounding Love).
That video is worth some bucks.

I noticed when watching later, on the right side, Love squirts away. He wasn’t down that long, but 33 and 0 were clearly trying to put the boots to him. If that isn’t criminal I don’t know what is.
Hey - it is entirely possible that they were just using their arms and feet to keep Love on the ground and "neutralized" - the optics looked bad from what the videos showed, and I have a feeling there was more than just some gentle "restraining" going on there, but would like to see what really took place . . . maybe they were just holding him down and it was Love that was the one throwing punches and kicks from his back. Hopefully the video turns up eventually. I suspect the KU AD could have the kid's name and contact info in less than 5 minutes if he really wanted to find out what video was captured on the kid's phone - but does he really want to find out?

Section 12-2

Post by Section 12-2 » January 22nd, 2020, 4:47 pm

Londoncat wrote:
January 22nd, 2020, 2:40 pm
Hypeman wrote:
January 22nd, 2020, 2:26 pm

That video is worth some bucks.

I noticed when watching later, on the right side, Love squirts away. He wasn’t down that long, but 33 and 0 were clearly trying to put the boots to him. If that isn’t criminal I don’t know what is.
Hey - it is entirely possible that they were just using their arms and feet to keep Love on the ground and "neutralized" - the optics looked bad from what the videos showed, and I have a feeling there was more than just some gentle "restraining" going on there, but would like to see what really took place . . . maybe they were just holding him down and it was Love that was the one throwing punches and kicks from his back. Hopefully the video turns up eventually. I suspect the KU AD could have the kid's name and contact info in less than 5 minutes if he really wanted to find out what video was captured on the kid's phone - but does he really want to find out?
I didn't mean to like this post. You keep a guy down by kicking him? Funny

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » January 22nd, 2020, 4:52 pm

Puffdad wrote:
January 22nd, 2020, 12:16 pm
Remember the two free throws that McAtee shot when they came back on the floor? That was for the T for unsportsmanlike conduct on DeSousa. Would DeSousa hit Higgins? Possibly but that’s what SHOULD have happened. Higgins called it but he should have been the one who jumped over the top of Gordon and offset the likelihood of a confrontation that was about to happen.
Teflon.

Final Four.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » January 22nd, 2020, 4:54 pm

genghisjon wrote:
January 22nd, 2020, 1:14 pm
1) If it’s against the rules to defend your player practically getting assaulted when no one intervenes as the clock expires, straight up I’m against the rules. You would make a lousy teammate.
2) My attitude? I’m defending a maligned guy who didn’t do anything that wrong? Your attitude is what’s wrong with our society as a whole - make the good guy the perpetrator.
1) WTF is wrong with you? Practically getting assaulted? By standing over the top of Gordon saying "Get that chit out of here you little mf'er"? That's reason to start a brawl? That's defending you teammate? Unbelievable. You probably alibi the guys that shoot up a line at a nightclub because the security guard tells them to scram.

genghisjon
Been thanked: 0

Post by genghisjon » January 22nd, 2020, 6:22 pm

hilltopwildcat wrote:
January 22nd, 2020, 4:54 pm
genghisjon wrote:
January 22nd, 2020, 1:14 pm
1) If it’s against the rules to defend your player practically getting assaulted when no one intervenes as the clock expires, straight up I’m against the rules. You would make a lousy teammate.
2) My attitude? I’m defending a maligned guy who didn’t do anything that wrong? Your attitude is what’s wrong with our society as a whole - make the good guy the perpetrator.
1) WTF is wrong with you? Practically getting assaulted? By standing over the top of Gordon saying "Get that chit out of here you little mf'er"? That's reason to start a brawl? That's defending you teammate? Unbelievable. You probably alibi the guys that shoot up a line at a nightclub because the security guard tells them to scram.
This doesn’t deserve a response it’s so stupid. None of our players started a brawl, you need to get your head checked.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » January 22nd, 2020, 6:31 pm

genghisjon wrote:
January 22nd, 2020, 6:22 pm
hilltopwildcat wrote:
January 22nd, 2020, 4:54 pm

This doesn’t deserve a response it’s so stupid. None of our players started a brawl, you need to get your head checked.
Pretty obvious that A Gordon was the first to make contact and Love came in and was part of it..........defending a teammate. What a joke.

genghisjon
Been thanked: 0

Post by genghisjon » January 22nd, 2020, 6:51 pm

hilltopwildcat wrote:
January 22nd, 2020, 6:31 pm
genghisjon wrote:

Pretty obvious that A Gordon was the first to make contact and Love came in and was part of it..........defending a teammate. What a joke.
I just think you all need to put yourselves in Love’s shoes. Do you break the speeding limit if someone is bleeding out in your vehicle? It’s just shortsighted and judgmental. I still think the young man did not do anything that wrong and you can call me every dumb name in the book I know what I see on the video and what is right and wrong and people don’t deserve to get treated like @#$& because someone wants to judge them.

pulitzerdave

Post by pulitzerdave » January 22nd, 2020, 7:01 pm

hilltopwildcat wrote:
January 22nd, 2020, 6:31 pm
genghisjon wrote:

There was no defending of a teammate in this instance. Love saw an opportunity to join the KU thugs, and he did just that. He put himself in the same reprehensible category as them. What a shame. This notion that he was defending someone's honor, or sticking up for a teammate is a joke. He showed no restraint and no judgment, only a blatant ignorance of the situation.