yahoo says ku, south carolina, zona ...

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
katlander

Pick 'Em

Re: yahoo says ku, south carolina, zona ...

Post by katlander » July 20th, 2019, 10:42 pm

Zoltar wrote:
July 20th, 2019, 1:18 pm
I/we do really appreciate the donation level you have made to KSU. My $1000+ a year is peanuts to what you donate. I just hope you don't hurt our program when you want the cheaters to suffer.

I know those schools cheat and always seem to get away with it. This needs to stop and I do not want us the even think about doing anything that is wrong to try to keep up. I also know that while it is many years removed, the Gibson Girls did not shine the light on KSU that we all would like in today's view. That was against the rules and not what we want to think would happen in Manhattan.

There has to be a way to let it be known this cheating needs to stop and not make it look like sour grapes.
But who is suffering now? Something needs to be done and it won't come from the cheaters. It should come from the supervisory authorities but it looks more and more that they are benefiting from the status quo. What do you recommend?

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » July 21st, 2019, 6:56 am

The cheaters and their fans, passionate or just interested, as well as general public just don't care. They'll hang a banner, revel in the glory and the cheating will be long forgotten. How many younger fans even have a hint of the knowledge that the beaks cheated to win in '88? How much cheating has most of us forgotten? NCAA is scared of wringing the neck of the golden goose.

It's been noted on here before that most of the big-time winners live in the gray area.

Nothing will be done except Austin Peay may get slapped down for something, or Hampton or etc.

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » July 22nd, 2019, 11:53 am

hilltopwildcat wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 6:56 am
The cheaters and their fans, passionate or just interested, as well as general public just don't care. They'll hang a banner, revel in the glory and the cheating will be long forgotten. How many younger fans even have a hint of the knowledge that the beaks cheated to win in '88? How much cheating has most of us forgotten? NCAA is scared of wringing the neck of the golden goose.

It's been noted on here before that most of the big-time winners live in the gray area.

Nothing will be done except Austin Peay may get slapped down for something, or Hampton or etc.
How many of their fans brag about their 5 championships without knowing 2 were awarded by a committee after the fact? Same band wagon fans that just say BCS and Orange Bowl in any conversation about football.

learnin

Post by learnin » July 23rd, 2019, 11:44 am

hilltopwildcat wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 6:56 am

:rofl: Sad but true.

Highway26north

Post by Highway26north » August 6th, 2019, 8:51 am

Can't help but notice the summer is moving right along and no word from the enforcement police. Imagine the lobbying is in full tilt.

Watutalkaboutwillis

Pick 'Em

Post by Watutalkaboutwillis » August 6th, 2019, 2:26 pm

Well, they got Utah, so everyone else will get off the hook. lol

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » August 6th, 2019, 7:22 pm

Watutalkaboutwillis wrote:
August 6th, 2019, 2:26 pm
Well, they got Utah, so everyone else will get off the hook. lol
Didn't NC State get in trouble, too? If so, I'm sure that UNC and Duke are up next. ;-)
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

learnin

Post by learnin » August 8th, 2019, 1:47 pm

Yep, it looks like another year is going to go by without the blue bloods getting nailed. Big money lawyers must have threatened.

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » August 17th, 2019, 11:28 am

Looks like the ncaa has plenty of avenues to chase - if they even care.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.c ... atform=amp

learnin

Post by learnin » August 22nd, 2019, 8:48 am

For those who ask why the clean programs don't demand more action, well, you have to think carefully before you go after the mafia. If you're a clean coach, and you make too much of a fuss, I would imagine the powers could make a lot of trouble for you. They could dig up a long ago player and pay him to come out and say rules were broken under clean coaches watch, etc. There are all kinds of things the mafia can do to make life miserable. And believe me, they wouldn't hesitate. So, you get these carefully worded statements from the clean ones like......"they need to clean it up....etc. These guys know they better tread lightly.

Play ball!