Lawson and Moore transferring from ku

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
tmcats

Pick 'Em

Re: Lawson and Moore transferring from ku

Post by tmcats » April 12th, 2019, 3:10 pm

what happens after bill is all conjecture, even if he leaves which is doubtful, i suppose. i just think it would be very hard to turn down one of the true bluebloods and the challenge of showing it can be done without cheating. the would be the lure, wouldn't it. incredible tradition, fanbase, facility, recruiting, and the like. it would be like turning down notre dame, texas, bama, usc football. not easy for a coach to stay at texas tech if they came calling.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » April 12th, 2019, 4:22 pm

In the next 10 years, UNC, UK, KU and Duke could all easily have new HCs.

Highway26north

Post by Highway26north » April 12th, 2019, 5:00 pm

tmcats wrote:
April 12th, 2019, 3:10 pm
what happens after bill is all conjecture, even if he leaves which is doubtful, i suppose. i just think it would be very hard to turn down one of the true bluebloods and the challenge of showing it can be done without cheating. the would be the lure, wouldn't it. incredible tradition, fanbase, facility, recruiting, and the like. it would be like turning down notre dame, texas, bama, usc football. not easy for a coach to stay at texas tech if they came calling.
I think it is hard for a new coach to come into a position at one of these schools, regardless of his commitment, and truly enforce the concept of "without cheating..." I think the cheating is institutionalized in everything from home visits, to campus visits, to summer "jobs", to special classes, to uncontrollable alums, car dealers, etc. What are you going to do with all that cash generated by seat licenses if you aren't cheating?? The cheating infrastructure is a massive machine with many moving parts and a coach is only one pair of eyes. Altho Weber apparently proved it's possible at Illinois, resulting in the program's now going on 10-year residence in the toilet!

Highway26north

Post by Highway26north » April 12th, 2019, 5:03 pm

tmcats wrote:
April 12th, 2019, 3:10 pm
I think it is very hard for a new coach to come into a position at one of these schools, regardless of his commitment, and truly enforce the concept of "without cheating..." I think the cheating is institutionalized in everything from home visits, to campus visits, to summer "jobs", to special classes, to uncontrollable alums, car dealers, etc. What are you going to do with all that cash generated by seat licenses if you aren't cheating?? The cheating infrastructure is a massive machine with many moving parts and a coach is only one pair of eyes. Nevertheless, Weber at Illinois apparently proved it's possible to do, resulting in the program's now going on 10-year residence in the toilet!

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » April 12th, 2019, 5:40 pm

opcat7755 wrote:
April 12th, 2019, 4:22 pm
In the next 10 years, UNC, UK, KU and Duke could all easily have new HCs.
I think Gregg Marshall will end up at North Carolina. Being a South Carolina boy.

And Duke will hire Hurley.

Pitino will wipe all the slime off of him and end up at UK.

KU will get.......................I don't care as long as they keep sucking like they will now that Dollar Bill will have a harder time getting paid employees and thugs in uniform.
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » April 23rd, 2019, 9:20 am

Apparently Azebuke is going to return to ku. Read that it’s in large part because he’s still injured and not able to practice or perform for nba clubs.

He’ll be a handful if he comes back healthy and stays healthy, which he hasn’t for an entire season yet.

Kralicek

Post by Kralicek » April 23rd, 2019, 9:58 am

bhoovy wrote:
April 23rd, 2019, 9:20 am
Apparently Azebuke is going to return to ku. Read that it’s in large part because he’s still injured and not able to practice or perform for nba clubs.

He’ll be a handful if he comes back healthy and stays healthy, which he hasn’t for an entire season yet.

He is indeed a stud in close and difficult for anybody in the college game to stop as seen by his 70% shooting.

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » April 23rd, 2019, 10:28 am

Kralicek wrote:
April 23rd, 2019, 9:58 am
bhoovy wrote:
April 23rd, 2019, 9:20 am

He is indeed a stud in close and difficult for anybody in the college game to stop as seen by his 70% shooting.
Freshman year - Played in 11 games with 6 starts. Tore ligaments in his left wrist and missed the rest of the season.

Sophomore year - Played in 36 games with 34 starts. Missed the Big 12 tournament after spraining his MCL. Returned for the NCAA tournament.

Junior year - Played in 9 games with 9 starts. Sprained his ankle and missed 4 games. Tore ligaments in his right hand and missed the rest of the season.

So that's torn ligaments in both hands and a sprained MCL which could mean an increase in probability those injuries could happen again. With his size, it increases the risk of injuries to his legs. I would not be surprised if he doesn't make a full season.
Last edited by AJcat7755 on April 23rd, 2019, 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » April 23rd, 2019, 11:44 am

With Dok returning, and likely Dotson, along with the supporting cast, KU will be a handful next year. Both of those players are 1st team all big 12 caliber players, IMO as long as they stay healthy.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 23rd, 2019, 11:57 am

i loathe ku but hope dok gets in a full year regardless. kid has been nothing but injured most of his career, and that's a shame for any student-athlete. :|
Why is there something rather than nothing?