fbi/ncaa noose tightening on squawks?

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
Zoltar

Re: fbi/ncaa noose tightening on squawks?

Post by Zoltar » April 10th, 2019, 5:56 pm

I was number 316 but from a low population county and found a high number may still not keep you from going. I was in NY for my first year of college. There were no deferments left for school. The real scary thing was after the semester break we had some guys come to school that had been to Nam. NONE of them would talk about it.

I saw more than one guy just pack up his things and leave college as he was drafted during the semester. It was a very scary time and it still gets to me sometimes as I do feel very lucky not to have gone.
Win the dang day!

Section 12-2

Post by Section 12-2 » April 10th, 2019, 6:45 pm

Lottery number 7 for me. But I stayed CONUS. I have been somewhat lucky my entire life.

learnin

Post by learnin » April 10th, 2019, 6:48 pm

epicsnyder wrote:
April 9th, 2019, 4:26 pm
donley wrote:
April 9th, 2019, 1:26 pm

Gatto has to pay NC State and KU restitution. Needle leaning towards this post being correct.

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/col ... 95669.html

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/colle ... 95599.html
Yep. NOTHING will happen to the slimeball Dollar Bill or his Payhawk employers. All will walk. There's to many millions involved to see otherwise.
I'm beginning to believe that the FBI did this to help the NCAA do a little house cleaning in what was one of the most corrupt, and sleazy, operations on the continental United States. They're using Dawkins, Gatto, Evans and a few others as patsies to take the fall and scare the hell out of the real sleazeballs who are Calipari, Self, K and ole Roy.

I'm sorry, but it's as clear as the nose on the end of Danny Thomas' face. The NCAA is not about to do anything to K, Self, and the big moneymakers. The FBI made it clear that they don't want the big coaches harmed. Can you imagine charging these patsies with defrauding these universities for sending them big time players who made a boatload of money and fame for these schools and coaches?

It's a sham. They needed to clean up this cesspool so you fire a shot over the shoe companies heads, wiretap a few coaches, and then don't let the coaches wiretaps be used as evidence.

Why in the love of Pete would the FBI arrest Avenatti as soon as Avenatti moved on Nike? Avenatti should claim, like Oswald, that he was nothing but a patsy. Oswald claimed he was a patsy and he was taken out the next day. Avenatti moved on the wrong people....big money...big dance...big K. He's going up the river without a paddle. You move against hall of famer, K, and you're arse is grarse.

iowa_wildcat

Post by iowa_wildcat » April 10th, 2019, 6:49 pm

My number was 223. Thayer County (Hebron) Nebraska went to 222. I was attending KSU, and had a slightly pregnant wife. Needless to say, I made sure the draft board had received, opened, and read their mail, and then went 1A at 1:15 PM on December 31.

Zolar is correct in saying that friends would not talk about their experiences in Vietnam. Way too many of them are now suffering from the effects of exposure to Agent Orange.

learnin

Post by learnin » April 10th, 2019, 7:12 pm

Section 12-2 wrote:
April 10th, 2019, 6:45 pm
Lottery number 7 for me. But I stayed CONUS. I have been somewhat lucky my entire life.
I have been very lucky when it comes to life and health. Let me tell you a story about why I know there is a force. I was married at a very early age. My wife was expecting our first. When I made a change of schools, I got a draft notice immediately. They were waiting for the chance. Now, a year before, when I was a senior, I had a doctor's appointment in December. There were two twins who were doctors. I always saw Dr. Francis. This time, Dr. Francis wasn't available. For the first time in my whole childhood, I had to see Dr. Thomas. Dr. Thomas told my mother that he heard something not quite right about my heart. He scheduled me for an appointment with a cardiologist. During that visit, the cardiologist asked me if my heart ever raced. It did, but I thought it was due to playing basketball or running. I said, "yea, it's like my heart shifts gears and begins to beat real fast." I didn't realize it, at that early age, but I was experiencing bouts of tachycardia with heart rates of over 200 beats per minute. At my young age, and because I was slender, my body could compensate enough to keep me from going down although I almost did a few times, but didn't know what it was.

The cardiologist diagnosed me with WPW syndrome and said I had a short circuit in my heart, which caused supraventricular tachy. He said as long as I tolerated it okay, to do as I pleased. You're asking what does this have to do with luck. Well, Dr. Thomas, listening through his stethoscope heard something not quite right. Dr. Francis, who I always had seen, did not hear anything. If Dr. Francis had not been gone that day, I would not have been diagnosed with WPW. In a little over a year, I received my papers for the draft physical. I was rejected because of the WPW diagnosis. If I had seen Dr. Francis one more time, I would have been in Viet Nam, missed my son's birth and possibly would not have come back. Don't ask me why I was spared. I have no answer, but I do know I'm still for some kind of reason not known to me.

As I grew older, the tachycardia began to cause more serious problems. I would develop chest and neck pain similar to a heart attack. As I aged further, and my arteries, and heart, were no longer as elastic as in my younger years, the first warning sign I experienced, before a tachycardia event,
was near syncope. I would be one hair from going unconscious. When this first started happening, radio ablation therapy was just in its infancy. With this, the physician locates the short circuit (s) and burns it so that the electrical current will not jump through the fibrous tissue which causes the short circuit. At any rate, one day I was driving in four lanes of bumper to bumper traffic just outside of Kansas City when I experienced the worst spell I ever had. Suddenly, everything went black and I slumped over the steering wheel of my car. I was unconscious for a few horrible seconds. For some reason, in just the nick of time before tragedy struck, I sprung to consciousness and was able to gain control. My heart was still in tachycardia, but my body had compensated once again just in the nick of time.

After that bout, I had to get something done. I was on the table for five hours and the cardiologist found 3 different short circuits in my heart. He was able to ablate two and get most of the third which was very hard to get to. It was a success. Yes, I believe in a force.

Zoltar

Post by Zoltar » April 10th, 2019, 7:17 pm

Wabaunsee county at the time. A very small county as Tokeka had not grown that far West at the time.

A good friend of mine was number 1. It was a very tough day for him. I remember about 100 guys sitting in a room at college watching the drawing. That may have made it worse.

I said goodbye to 2 or 3 guys and don't know if they all made it back. Got your letter one day, pack your room the next, leave campus and report.
Win the dang day!

Zoltar

Post by Zoltar » April 10th, 2019, 7:32 pm

learnin, I understand most all of this. Had bronchitis in Feb 2018. It would not go away, or at least I thought. First week of May went to emergent care and was sent to the ER. I had Afib. They did not catch the PVC issue for months. (PVC is not plastic pipe in this case)

I had a botched ablation last November. Changed hospitals and have had one ablation that corrected my Afib and another to try to correct my PVC issue. It did not work as the area is too close to a vein. Three weeks later in hospital to try meds to correct PVC or at least make it controllable.

I am much better and returning to work on Monday, but the doctor talked to me today about the results from the heart monitor I wore at the end of last week. He is concerned I am still having too many PVC episodes. He thinks I may need another ablation that is only done in about 6 hospitals in the country. I may be off to Chicago or Rochester in a few weeks.

I do feel much better than I have in months. Mine is not deadly but sure makes life no fun at times.

A war or not being drafted, your health and KSU. Sometimes there are many things that bind us.
Last edited by Zoltar on April 10th, 2019, 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win the dang day!

kinsleycat
Has thanked: 0

Post by kinsleycat » April 10th, 2019, 7:35 pm

Well I felt a little guilty enjoying life as a college man. I had at least 10 friends including my brother that were fighting in Nam at the time. Luckily they all survived but it sure messed some of them up. They didn't like to talk about it but some of them had some very close calls. My brother and I partnered up in farming for a few years and he told me a few stories. His unit was defending a fuel depot when a rocket went right through a fuel tank about 3 feet from the top. Went right through the front and out the back. Luckily the tank was only half full and it didn't ignite the fuel or it would have been very bad.

Zoltar

Post by Zoltar » April 10th, 2019, 8:01 pm

So now, maybe you can see why some of us are so pissed at the thought of KU getting away with this blatant cheating.

They need to get slapped hard for this and Self out of college basketball. Some of this sounds much like SMU football in the day.

What did Baylor do a few years ago that the Bid 12 did not let them play out of conference games and I think was banned from the post season? This KU thing is worse than that was.
Win the dang day!

kinsleycat
Has thanked: 0

Post by kinsleycat » April 10th, 2019, 8:21 pm

Baylor had a player murder his teammate and their coach (Dave Bliss) tried to either cover it up or blame it all on the murdered player.

They've had some pretty rotten apples run through Waco, Tx.