Reflections

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
pharaohcat

Re: Reflections

Post by pharaohcat » March 21st, 2024, 11:19 am

Like vultures circling above looking for a dead body to pick clean, but I have news for them this is not a dead body but a fighting WILDCAT just waiting for them to land! Let's go CATS, kick azz next year!! Question why do they define Coach Tang by this year when we were missing our best player and not last year when we had a complete team?
These users thanked the author pharaohcat for the post:
spot2180

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » March 21st, 2024, 11:47 am

pharaohcat wrote:
March 21st, 2024, 11:19 am
Like vultures circling above looking for a dead body to pick clean, but I have news for them this is not a dead body but a fighting WILDCAT just waiting for them to land! Let's go CATS, kick azz next year!! Question why do they define Coach Tang by this year when we were missing our best player and not last year when we had a complete team?
Because they are trolls with agendas. It's really that simple.

Puffdad

Post by Puffdad » March 21st, 2024, 1:04 pm

Ok let’s take a deep breath here…. Posters are certainly allowed to have different takes and opinions. But it can quickly spiral out of control wihen personal attacks are included. Both ways. Let’s don’t go there. Opinions… fine. Personal attacks…. need to stop.
These users thanked the author Puffdad for the post (total 4):
JazzCatDRPSection 12-2114HickoryTbonespop

JazzCatDRP
Administrator

Post by JazzCatDRP » March 21st, 2024, 1:14 pm

Folks,
Differing opinions are fine, but keep the tone civil and not inflammatory or you'll be gone. Period. We're not devolving back into the troll-fest we've seen in years past. In the meantime, don't respond to trolling with personal attacks. Report those posts.

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » March 21st, 2024, 1:39 pm

I tend to support whoever our coach is. I even liked Woolridge and feel he did some good things. Huggins and Martin were something very different than we had ever had. Kind of like the Sapranos come to the Little Apple. Funny to some but over the top to others. Weber was hired because he had some previous success and was a straight shooter. Tang was a guy ready to take his shot, liked the K-State faithful and connected with Gene Taylor. He is charismatic and maybe a little cocky. Fine line between arrogance and confidence. Forf now I will look at it as crazy faith. All of these guys have had ups and downs, and all brought something to K-State. Will Coach Tang and his coaching staff be able to get us over the hump and be a perennial top 25 team? Only time hold the answer. I like Coach Tang and am happy with him so far.

This is my truth and I challenge each of you to post your truth.

learnin

Post by learnin » March 21st, 2024, 1:46 pm

wild@nite wrote:
March 21st, 2024, 11:47 am
pharaohcat wrote:
March 21st, 2024, 11:19 am
You seem to be very sensitive toward agendas. Why, I must ask, do you not question whether or not our current coach has an agenda?
I do have an agenda. My agenda is not hidden. When Frank was verbally abusing players, I had an agenda. I criticized him hoping the fan base would join with me and get Frank to see the problem. He was too popular. He was winning so fans ignored the danger.

I had an agenda throughout the Weber years. My agenda was to insist how difficult it is to be consistently successful, at anything, unless the deck is stacked in your favor. Blue bloods are blue bloods because they cheat. The law of the universe is ebb and flow; up and down: positive and negative. Basketball programs have to experience ups and downs unless the deck is stacked. There are injuries, bad breaks, recruits that don't pan out. Isn't it strange that the "best basketball coach in the country" happened to experience the worst season in almost 30 years right after the FBI sting, the NIL and the transfer portal evened things out? I had an agenda to counter the negativity of the Bruce haters because i knew how tough it would be for any coach to be consistently successful in Manhattan.

Yes, I currently have an agenda that was expressed during last year's successful season. It's not a hidden agenda but it is a sensitive one. I stopped posting because there is no reason to talk portal, recruiting, and how far do you think we'll go this year when a serious situation exists within the program. I returned because I believed fans might give my agenda a closer look now that the euphoria has subsided and we're back to reality. This matter is as serious as Frank's verbal abuse of his players. I'm going to address this issue one last time and back away so that I don't make it tough for the moderators. Before I do, I don't want to come off as some moral giant or guardian of all that is good. I've made it clear on this forum that I embarrassed myself and my family in a big way some decades ago. I was a religious nut and I hurt myself and my family. Since then, I've been trying to make it up to them.

The 700-club mentality must not be promoted in a secular university. It shouldn't be promoted anywhere, but this is a free country. God is not bringing any basketball trophies, or millions if you "put him first". You shouldn't promise championships and a final four run simply because you believe. Be wary of any man who is continually interjecting God into everything. Be wary of anyone who, continually and publicly, broadcasts his faith. If you want to talk about an agenda........ First of all, no man lives up to what he preaches. PulitzerDavid pointed this out very succinctly in his previous post where he listed the hypocrisy. Other schools fan bases have picked up on this right away. This is not going to end well if it continues.

I've had my say and I'll sign off until this issue is resolved. If it isn't, so be it.

Gorhoops

Post by Gorhoops » March 21st, 2024, 1:54 pm

Here's the problem some folks might have though learnin, your agenda consisted of pointing out Frank's problem with yelling at players. You point out Tang's problem with using God too much, but your problem with Weber is that he just had bad luck and everyone was cheating and therefore he didn't have a chance. Do you see why people might think you have an agenda?? You point out what you perceive as personal shortcomings of Martin and Tang, but with Weber, nothing was his fault, just the difficulties of the job.

I do appreciate learnin that you do keep it civil when you post your opinions. I don't have a problem with that at all. I do have a problem when people come at others with venom and vile.
These users thanked the author Gorhoops for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanTbonespop

Snyder

Post by Snyder » March 21st, 2024, 1:54 pm

learnin wrote:
March 21st, 2024, 1:46 pm
wild@nite wrote:
March 21st, 2024, 11:47 am

You seem to be very sensitive toward agendas. Why, I must ask, do you not question whether or not our current coach has an agenda?
I do have an agenda. My agenda is not hidden. When Frank was verbally abusing players, I had an agenda. I criticized him hoping the fan base would join with me and get Frank to see the problem. He was too popular. He was winning so fans ignored the danger.

I had an agenda throughout the Weber years. My agenda was to insist how difficult it is to be consistently successful, at anything, unless the deck is stacked in your favor. Blue bloods are blue bloods because they cheat. The law of the universe is ebb and flow; up and down: positive and negative. Basketball programs have to experience ups and downs unless the deck is stacked. There are injuries, bad breaks, recruits that don't pan out. Isn't it strange that the "best basketball coach in the country" happened to experience the worst season in almost 30 years right after the FBI sting, the NIL and the transfer portal evened things out? I had an agenda to counter the negativity of the Bruce haters because i knew how tough it would be for any coach to be consistently successful in Manhattan.

Yes, I currently have an agenda that was expressed during last year's successful season. It's not a hidden agenda but it is a sensitive one. I stopped posting because there is no reason to talk portal, recruiting, and how far do you think we'll go this year when a serious situation exists within the program. I returned because I believed fans might give my agenda a closer look now that the euphoria has subsided and we're back to reality. This matter is as serious as Frank's verbal abuse of his players. I'm going to address this issue one last time and back away so that I don't make it tough for the moderators. Before I do, I don't want to come off as some moral giant or guardian of all that is good. I've made it clear on this forum that I embarrassed myself and my family in a big way some decades ago. I was a religious nut and I hurt myself and my family. Since then, I've been trying to make it up to them.

The 700-club mentality must not be promoted in a secular university. It shouldn't be promoted anywhere, but this is a free country. God is not bringing any basketball trophies, or millions if you "put him first". You shouldn't promise championships and a final four run simply because you believe. Be wary of any man who is continually interjecting God into everything. Be wary of anyone who, continually and publicly, broadcasts his faith. If you want to talk about an agenda........ First of all, no man lives up to what he preaches. PulitzerDavid pointed this out very succinctly in his previous post where he listed the hypocrisy. Other schools fan bases have picked up on this right away. This is not going to end well if it continues.

I've had my say and I'll sign off until this issue is resolved. If it isn't, so be it.
:rofl: :rofl:

JazzCatDRP
Administrator

Post by JazzCatDRP » March 21st, 2024, 2:09 pm

Locking this thread. Knock it off guys.