Crazy faith, Tang’s strong arguments why K State should be in the NCAA Tournament

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
xtrawildcat

Re: Crazy faith, Tang’s strong arguments why K State should be in the NCAA Tournament

Post by xtrawildcat » March 15th, 2024, 11:56 am

Tang actually makes a strong case.

I think the biggest problem with us getting in is the fact we would be the 10th Big 12 team. That is going to impact the committees thoughts even if they deny it.
These users thanked the author xtrawildcat for the post (total 2):
stlcatfancatalyst

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » March 15th, 2024, 12:27 pm

In order for us to get in it is likely that some team from a lesser conference will be out. Then we are the SEC stacking the deck. We had a tough year in some respects but that is part of the game. Hope we get lucky and get in, but if not, it is time to lick our wounds and be good sports. Better to have a good run in the NIT than to lose a play-in game. Go to the NIT and focus on next year. Hope springs eternal!
These users thanked the author katlander for the post (total 4):
tmcatsstlcatfancatalystspot2180

KSUbetcha

Post by KSUbetcha » March 15th, 2024, 8:51 pm

katlander wrote:
March 15th, 2024, 11:01 am
I don't think 19 and 14 will do it. I hope I am wrong.
You would think the Big 12 would get some favors versus other conferences when it comes to Selection Sunday. But alas, this is not the old Big 8 days when the conference would frequently get 4, 5, and even some years, 6 teams into the NCAA Tournament. I hope we get in, but I am preparing myself for a potential NIT Bid.
These users thanked the author KSUbetcha for the post:
stlcatfan

catalyst

Post by catalyst » March 15th, 2024, 9:53 pm

KSUbetcha wrote:
March 15th, 2024, 8:51 pm
katlander wrote:
March 15th, 2024, 11:01 am
I don't think 19 and 14 will do it. I hope I am wrong.
You would think the Big 12 would get some favors versus other conferences when it comes to Selection Sunday. But alas, this is not the old Big 8 days when the conference would frequently get 4, 5, and even some years, 6 teams into the NCAA Tournament. I hope we get in, but I am preparing myself for a potential NIT Bid.
Of course, I hope the 'Cats get in but if not, I'll be happy to see the team play in the NIT.
These users thanked the author catalyst for the post (total 3):
Ksuminnesotacatpharaohcatstlcatfan

Snyder

Post by Snyder » March 15th, 2024, 10:10 pm

katlander wrote:
March 15th, 2024, 12:27 pm
In order for us to get in it is likely that some team from a lesser conference will be out. Then we are the SEC stacking the deck. We had a tough year in some respects but that is part of the game. Hope we get lucky and get in, but if not, it is time to lick our wounds and be good sports. Better to have a good run in the NIT than to lose a play-in game. Go to the NIT and focus on next year. Hope springs eternal!
1988, everyone but Colorado and Oklahoma State got bids. Billy Tubbs quote "Two crappy Big 8 teams are way more interesting than those 45-40 Big East games!"
These users thanked the author Snyder for the post:
stlcatfan

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » March 15th, 2024, 10:16 pm

Post season is about Tang wanting to give back to us fans by getting the best result possible.
I honestly believe that he does not want to do well to bolster his ego or to build a resume or legacy, but truly cares more about others.
Tang is a servant and leader. His center is Christ and serving others.
As such he is more concerned about his players, his program, the University and fans than himself.
I know some of you don't understand and some think this BS.
BUT, Coach Tang is going to the mat in trying to persuade others as why we should be in the tournament. He could have politely admitted that he did not think we will be in the NCAA Tournament, but he went on a 4 minute heartfelt plea as to why we deserve to be in.
In or out, I am awed by his zeal and passion to get the best for his team.
We should be grateful that this special man is our head coach.
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post (total 2):
purplehairedladyx2stlcatfan

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » March 15th, 2024, 11:24 pm

Boys and Girls the stew is starting to bubble and cook.
https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/ ... cketology/
It ain't over yet.
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post:
stlcatfan

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » March 15th, 2024, 11:37 pm

SCKSCat wrote:
March 15th, 2024, 11:24 pm
Boys and Girls the stew is starting to bubble and cook.
https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/ ... cketology/
It ain't over yet.
But that was as of this morning. Since this morning there have been several games that have hurt their chances. So we’ll see. I still see their chances as razor thin and if some of these remaining conference tournaments have someone other than the 1 or 2 seed winning, it’s lessens the chance even more. and their are several looking to pull off the upset.

Unfortunately I give their chances of making the big dance 10-15% chance at best. Too many games they let slip by that could have already had them in if they won.

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » March 16th, 2024, 12:49 am

As of 7:45 pm this evening Jerry Palm,.CBS, lists us as a bubble team.
https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... acketology
It is good to have a possible chance.

learnin

Post by learnin » March 16th, 2024, 1:48 am

SCKSCat wrote:
March 15th, 2024, 10:16 pm
Post season is about Tang wanting to give back to us fans by getting the best result possible.
I honestly believe that he does not want to do well to bolster his ego or to build a resume or legacy, but truly cares more about others.
Tang is a servant and leader. His center is Christ and serving others.
As such he is more concerned about his players, his program, the University and fans than himself.
I know some of you don't understand and some think this BS.
BUT, Coach Tang is going to the mat in trying to persuade others as why we should be in the tournament. He could have politely admitted that he did not think we will be in the NCAA Tournament, but he went on a 4 minute heartfelt plea as to why we deserve to be in.
In or out, I am awed by his zeal and passion to get the best for his team.
We should be grateful that this special man is our head coach.
You have absolutely no clue as to what motivated Tang’s sales pitch. Did he make the pitch so that his players could enjoy the post season? Perhaps. But you better believe he made the pitch for his own benefit too. Every last human being is flawed and no one acts from completely pure motives all the time. We’re human. He’s not the first coach who has made the case for himself and his players. It happens every year. When he starts coaching for one hundred fifty thousand per year, I’ll be the first to call for his canonization.