COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
stlcatfan

Re: KSU vs. ISU part 3

Post by stlcatfan » March 14th, 2024, 8:30 pm

dpecats88 wrote:
March 14th, 2024, 8:23 pm
stlcatfan wrote:
March 14th, 2024, 8:22 pm

Did Finister, Manning, and Rich get in the game?
Nope - they'll be in the transfer portal soon
Yeah, I'm kind of thinking the same thing. I mean, why not at least put them in the last three or four minutes of the game? I was hoping they would play some in the first half to help keep the starters fresher for late in the game.
These users thanked the author stlcatfan for the post:
Section 12-2
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

NECatFan

Pick 'Em

Post by NECatFan » March 14th, 2024, 8:32 pm

xtrawildcat wrote:
March 14th, 2024, 8:25 pm
NECatFan wrote:
March 14th, 2024, 8:15 pm

I’m with you. Seen enough of this already this year!
Came down to the final game. But result was not unexpected. ISU was too physical for us. And got into our heads so we turned it over with very poor execution.

Regarding NIT.

If you have seen enough, you do not have to watch. I see NIT as prep for next year.
No $hit? I watch for the comic relief, but it’s the same punch line every time.

Regarding the NIT; no it’s not prep for next year since most of these guys will be gone!

xtrawildcat

Post by xtrawildcat » March 14th, 2024, 8:35 pm

dpecats88 wrote:
March 14th, 2024, 8:29 pm
xtrawildcat wrote:

Came down to the final game. But result was not unexpected. ISU was too physical for us. And got into our heads so we turned it over with very poor execution.

Regarding NIT.

If you have seen enough, you do not have to watch. I see NIT as prep for next year.
There is not prep anymore for next year with the transfer portal. It used to be that way but roster turnover every year is what you get with NIL and transfers rules.
Actually, we do not know what our roster tov will be. Might be one or two of this years players decide to come back. We will start to find out in a few weeks.

catalyst

Post by catalyst » March 14th, 2024, 8:37 pm

I give the 'Clones defense for playing a great & physical game - they also had some slick inside the paint passes for scores. I also give Coach Tang & the team credit for making the best of the season, despite "what could have been" . . . Go 'Cats!
Last edited by catalyst on March 14th, 2024, 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Snyder

Post by Snyder » March 14th, 2024, 8:37 pm

I love this coach and team. If you want him to stay, be positive and go to NIT home games. If you choose the low road, blast the coach and team and sit at home sulking. Coach Tang will have chances to leave, we need to show him love to stay.
EMAW win or lose if you’re a true Cat
These users thanked the author Snyder for the post (total 6):
Section 12-2pharaohcatWildcatEngineercatalystfarrout10xtrawildcat

KSUdad2of3

Post by KSUdad2of3 » March 14th, 2024, 8:39 pm

NIT is fine. I’ll watch it. It’s just basketball.
These users thanked the author KSUdad2of3 for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanxtrawildcat

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » March 14th, 2024, 9:02 pm

xtrawildcat wrote:
NECatFan wrote:
March 14th, 2024, 8:15 pm

I’m with you. Seen enough of this already this year!
Came down to the final game. But result was not unexpected. ISU was too physical for us. And got into our heads so we turned it over with very poor execution. Fatigue may have played a role and we were not fundamentally and mentally strong enough regardless the reason.

In the tournament, I do wonder if ISU will be allowed to body up on traps like they did tonight. Their defense relies on getting a body into the offensive player and knocking him of balance. Worked well in the physical Big 12. Be interesting to watch.

Regarding NIT.

I’m with ya extra. I’m glad the decision isn’t up to a few on this board. You don’t want to watch, don’t. But it’s more time for this team to continue to play together, even if a lot of the players are seniors.

While I’m disappointed with the season because I hoped for more, it still wasn’t a total loss season. Far better than the previous 3 years before Tang. If this is his floor, and I hope it is, then we should have lots to be excited about.

But the players are the ones who should make the decision if they want to play in the NIT or not and if they choose to then I’ll be watching. I’ll probably get frustrated, but I’ll still be watching.
These users thanked the author bhoovy for the post:
stlcatfan

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » March 14th, 2024, 9:04 pm

Snyder wrote:
March 14th, 2024, 8:37 pm
I love this coach and team. If you want him to stay, be positive and go to NIT home games. If you choose the low road, blast the coach and team and sit at home sulking. Coach Tang will have chances to leave, we need to show him love to stay.
EMAW win or lose if you’re a true Cat
I agree with what you’re say for the most part, but I have doubts they’ll host any games. And if the women get a top 4 seed it could make those chances even slimmer.

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » March 14th, 2024, 9:07 pm

And on another note, we really need Baylor to take care of Cincinnati tonight as they’re also a bubble team and a win tonight would definitely be a boost for them.

And this is Cincinnati’s 3rd game in 3 nights and are early on running with Baylor. So I don’t buy any tired legs with our guys tonight. It was just more of the ugly ball they’ve played a lot this year.

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » March 14th, 2024, 9:14 pm

It is important to get our record up to 20 wins.
19 wins and quad wins give us a good resume for an outside chance for the NCAA Tournament, but bad ugly losses will keep us out and no large margin wins.