Portal 2024

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
stlcatfan

Re: Portal 2024

Post by stlcatfan » April 23rd, 2024, 1:56 pm

SCKSCat wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 1:36 pm
Joe Tipton On3 is reporting...
Arkansas transfer guard Khalif Battle will visit Kansas State from Wednesday through Friday, a source tells
@On3sports

The 6-5 senior averaged 14.8 PPG this season. Had a 42-point performance and two 30+ point games this ye@onasteelhorseiride

This is puzzling. Glover's recovery not going well?
He would be a nice pick-up, but would also be our 7th guard on the roster, if no one else is leaving. Also, what about Hausen? He would be #8. It does make one wonder if Glover or another guard is looking to transfer.
These users thanked the author stlcatfan for the post:
randallcat85
"The whole future lies in uncertainty: live immediately.” -- Seneca

learnin

Post by learnin » April 23rd, 2024, 2:22 pm

I have a novel idea. Those players, who have left a school in order to get a bigger payday at another school, should don a jersey with a dollar sign on the front instead of the school logo. What is better, the player should have the name of the donor emblazoned across his chest. Let’s just be honest about this situation.
These users thanked the author learnin for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanrandallcat85

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » April 23rd, 2024, 3:04 pm

learnin wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 2:22 pm
I have a novel idea. Those players, who have left a school in order to get a bigger payday at another school, should don a jersey with a dollar sign on the front instead of the school logo. What is better, the player should have the name of the donor emblazoned across his chest. Let’s just be honest about this situation.
NASCAR style!
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post:
randallcat85

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » April 23rd, 2024, 3:32 pm

You guys do understand that these entities that are funding the NiL money, aren’t doing it out of the goodness of their heart, right? When a car dealership sponsors a kid, that dealership is marking up their parts and service to make up the money. So ultimately it’s the consumer funding this shin dig. Not trying to turn the thread political, but it’s a lot like government spending going corporations. It all eventually comes back to the tax payers. NIL is the same thing
These users thanked the author Tbonespop for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanrandallcat85
EMAW

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 23rd, 2024, 5:07 pm

Tbonespop wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 3:32 pm
You guys do understand that these entities that are funding the NiL money, aren’t doing it out of the goodness of their heart, right? When a car dealership sponsors a kid, that dealership is marking up their parts and service to make up the money. So ultimately it’s the consumer funding this shin dig. Not trying to turn the thread political, but it’s a lot like government spending going corporations. It all eventually comes back to the tax payers. NIL is the same thing
the car dealer is making a marketing cost choice: tv, radio, nil? i bought an aviator from long mcarthur at salina because of nil. i would never have done that based on their radio ad or others.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » April 23rd, 2024, 5:10 pm

SCKSCat wrote:
April 22nd, 2024, 8:02 pm
Rutgers transfer center Clifford Omoruyi is visiting Kansas State on Wednesday, he tells
@On3sports
Joe Tipton
Omonuyi and Battle will be visiting at the same time. Both played HS basketball in New Jersey. I think they are in the same class.

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » April 23rd, 2024, 5:16 pm

SCKSCat wrote:
April 22nd, 2024, 8:02 pm
Rutgers transfer center Clifford Omoruyi is visiting Kansas State on Wednesday, he tells
@On3sports
Joe Tipton
Omonuyi and Battle will be visiting at the same time. Both played HS basketball in New Jersey. I think they are in the same class.

bigdeal

Post by bigdeal » April 23rd, 2024, 5:19 pm

As far as the staff recruiting Battle and Hausen, Coach Tang said last summer, I believe, that he told his players that it is his job to get players who can take their spot. It is the players job to not let that happen. Basically, you need to prove you can play and continue to improve because it is a competitive situation. The only way the program gets better is for the players to continuously improve and/or be replaced by players who are better. That is a hard message but with open free agency, the impetus to prove you belong immediately is there. If not, you can be replaced in the off season, just as you can choose to leave in the off season, if you want to go somewhere else, or just chase more NIL. There are no more four year players, only one year players who may choose to stay another 1-3 years.
These users thanked the author bigdeal for the post:
stlcatfan

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » April 23rd, 2024, 5:29 pm

tmcats wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 5:07 pm
Tbonespop wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 3:32 pm
the car dealer is making a marketing cost choice: tv, radio, nil? i bought an aviator from long mcarthur at salina because of nil. i would never have done that based on their radio ad or others.
2 things are my conclusion: 1) you likely over paid 2) You are helping funding the current condition. Your money, your choice. I'm not going to support it.
EMAW

xtrawildcat

Post by xtrawildcat » April 23rd, 2024, 5:46 pm

learnin wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 2:22 pm
How about the player who gets pushed out as they have been forever. What jersey should they don.

Should only the players turn down more money to be loyal to their school?

What about coaches and athletic directors? Professors? Secretaries?

Should mid major coaches and players turn down opportunities at bigger schools that can provide them many more opportunities in the future?

Just asking.
These users thanked the author xtrawildcat for the post:
randallcat85