I want Coach Tang to stay. I think the world of him.

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
tmcats

Pick 'Em

Re: I want Coach Tang to stay. I think the world of him.

Post by tmcats » March 15th, 2024, 11:01 am

let them have kurtz, fitz, and kellis give me tang.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post (total 2):
katlanderWildcatEngineer
Why is there something rather than nothing?

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » March 15th, 2024, 12:37 pm

Fitz is a trouble causer and always has been. Big ego no cattle.
These users thanked the author katlander for the post:
tmcats

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » March 15th, 2024, 2:56 pm

katlander wrote:
March 15th, 2024, 12:37 pm
Fitz is a trouble causer and always has been. Big ego no cattle.
Lots of cattle as indicated by the amount of BS he spreads.

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » March 20th, 2024, 10:45 pm

Unlike a few posters, I really like Jerome Tang and his style and beliefs
Weber is not coming back

I don't understand the motivation for revenge on people who expressed displeasure with Weber by making an effort to tear down the current head coach.
It is fair to criticize Tang, I have done so on occasion, but the obsession to destroy an individual is perplexing. Hate can be ugly.
I hope Tang stays for 20 years, and make naysayers eat crow.
Time will tell.
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post:
pharaohcat

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » March 20th, 2024, 11:16 pm

https://www.wibw.com/2023/07/07/survey- ... oach-2023/

MANHATTAN, Kan. (WIBW) - A survey determined that Kansas State University’s head basketball coach Jerome Tang is the most well-respected men’s college basketball coach of 2023.

A research survey conducted by Betway ranked Tang first with a positive online sentiment score of 39.0%.

Betway is an online sports betting resource that decided to research who is the most respected coach in men’s college basketball, specifically, the coaches that have made a lasting impact on their players, the fans, and the game.

To research how much the fans strongly like the coach of their favorite basketball team, Betway said it ranked the head coaches with help from a social listening tool called Linkfluence. The source created a positive online sentiment score for each coach based on the online conversation surrounding said coach on Twitter during the past year.
stlcatfan

pharaohcat

Post by pharaohcat » March 20th, 2024, 11:22 pm

I am a Coach Tang supporter, but he is not above reproach, one area that most KSU fans know must addressed is the number of TOs we commit. I am sure that coach is aware of fact that TOs need to be reduced and will do so.

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » March 20th, 2024, 11:25 pm

pharaohcat wrote:
March 20th, 2024, 11:22 pm
I am a Coach Tang supporter, but he is not above reproach, one area that most KSU fan know must address is the number of TOs we commit. I am sure that coach is aware of fact that TOs need to be reduced and will do so.
Good point. This critique is about basketball, not about his faith. Thank you.
spot2180

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » March 20th, 2024, 11:26 pm

SCKSCat wrote:
March 20th, 2024, 11:16 pm

MANHATTAN, Kan. (WIBW) - A survey determined that Kansas State University’s head basketball coach Jerome Tang is the most well-respected men’s college basketball coach of 2023.

A research survey conducted by Betway ranked Tang first with a positive online sentiment score of 39.0%.

Betway is an online sports betting resource that decided to research who is the most respected coach in men’s college basketball, specifically, the coaches that have made a lasting impact on their players, the fans, and the game.

To research how much the fans strongly like the coach of their favorite basketball team, Betway said it ranked the head coaches with help from a social listening tool called Linkfluence. The source created a positive online sentiment score for each coach based on the online conversation surrounding said coach on Twitter during the past year.
That's awesome and well-deserved! Congrats to Coach Tang. :thumbsup:
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

Puffdad

Post by Puffdad » March 21st, 2024, 12:02 am

SCKSCat wrote:
March 20th, 2024, 11:16 pm

I liked the list too until I read that Shaka Smart was rated #2. 🤦‍♂️ And Rodney Terry in top 10?
These users thanked the author Puffdad for the post:
SCKSCat

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » March 21st, 2024, 12:09 am

KSUbetcha wrote:
March 8th, 2024, 5:03 am
randallcat85 wrote:
March 7th, 2024, 8:26 pm
If I were a betting man, I'd bet that he starts losing assistant coaches as they realize truly is pretty difficult to recruit to Manhappiness.
I hope not.
I truly hope he sticks around and makes his dreams of bringing a Natl. Championship to KSU come true.🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞
Why are you speculating that we can't get top players to Manhattan? Recruting is on the upswing, K-State just recently signed a top 50 recruit in David Castillo. Some services had him around the 25th spot before a foot injury last year.
Agreed on the recruiting perspective being on the upswing. We're doing way more than years past. According to 247 sports, Castillo is rated our 4th best all time recruit behind Beas, Walker, and Judge. And Aimes was the 5th best all time rated recruit - who looks like he's developing into a future stud. RJ Jones was the 7th best all time recruit. In fact next year's roster will have 4 of our top 15 all time best basketball recruits ever in the program all on next years roster at the same time (assuming no one leaves) - with all of them being freshmen or sophomores. That's insane to wrap my head around. I love coach Tang and can't wait to see what next year brings.
These users thanked the author Tbonespop for the post:
stlcatfan
EMAW