I want Coach Tang to stay. I think the world of him.

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
SCKSCat

I want Coach Tang to stay. I think the world of him.

Post by SCKSCat » March 7th, 2024, 5:30 pm

Just read a Heartland Sports News article that is speculating Coach Tang will leave.
I hope not.
He is a great fit for Kansas State basketball.
Sure we didn't achieve what we fans wanted, but we have expectations and faith Tang and his staff can deliver.
This beats the last few years under Weber. I usually checked out from basketball in January, not the last week of the season.
So please stay Coacb Tang. I want to see what you can build in the next 2 to 3 years.
We have a good nucleus of players for next season providing they are not seduced by the NIL force to leave.
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post (total 3):
randallcat85pharaohcatstlcatfan

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » March 7th, 2024, 7:32 pm

SCKSCat wrote:
March 7th, 2024, 5:30 pm
Just read a Heartland Sports News article that is speculating Coach Tang will leave.
I hope not.
Sure we didn't achieve what we fans wanted, but we have expectations and faith Tang and his staff can deliver.
This beats the last few years under Weber. I usually checked out from basketball in January, not the last week of the season.
So please stay Coacb Tang. I want to see what you can build in the next 2 to 3 years.
We have a good nucleus of players for next season providing they are not seduced by the NIL force to leave.
Unless the writer of that article has an A+ source, I wouldn't put too much credence into it. I would be surprised if Coach Tang left after just two years. It is possible that there are still some hard feelings over the Tomlin situation, but I think he will be back next season. JMO.
These users thanked the author stlcatfan for the post (total 2):
randallcat85bhoovy
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

randallcat85

Post by randallcat85 » March 7th, 2024, 8:26 pm

If I were a betting man, I'd bet that he starts losing assistant coaches as they realize truly is pretty difficult to recruit to Manhappiness.
I hope not.
I truly hope he sticks around and makes his dreams of bringing a Natl. Championship to KSU come true.🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞
These users thanked the author randallcat85 for the post:
stlcatfan

KSUbetcha

Post by KSUbetcha » March 8th, 2024, 5:03 am

randallcat85 wrote:
March 7th, 2024, 8:26 pm
If I were a betting man, I'd bet that he starts losing assistant coaches as they realize truly is pretty difficult to recruit to Manhappiness.
I hope not.
I truly hope he sticks around and makes his dreams of bringing a Natl. Championship to KSU come true.🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞
Why are you speculating that we can't get top players to Manhattan? Recruting is on the upswing, K-State just recently signed a top 50 recruit in David Castillo. Some services had him around the 25th spot before a foot injury last year.
These users thanked the author KSUbetcha for the post:
bhoovy

flatlander

Post by flatlander » March 8th, 2024, 8:21 am

Negative Nancies
These users thanked the author flatlander for the post:
Section 12-2
:popcorn:

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » March 8th, 2024, 8:32 am

We've lost out on a few good recruits/transfers due to other schools coming in with a big NIL deal in the 11th hour, but I think on a level playing field we should be able to recruit and retain quality players. NIL with no guardrails has made Tang's recruiting job much tougher.

I don't think you can judge a coach based on one season. Tang's first season was exceptional and he won the Naismith Coach of the Year. This season he is dealing with some major challenges and his record is going to be mediocre -- at least he will finish with a winning record.

Let's see how things look after 4-5 seasons before we pass judgment on how good of a coach he is. He will lose some players, but I am confident he will bring in some good players as well. He's also growing as a coach, himself.

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » March 8th, 2024, 9:04 am

If he goes then he is not the guy I think he is.
These users thanked the author katlander for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanrandallcat85

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » March 8th, 2024, 10:34 am

stlcatfan wrote:
March 7th, 2024, 7:32 pm
SCKSCat wrote:
March 7th, 2024, 5:30 pm
I hope not.
Unless the writer of that article has an A+ source, I wouldn't put too much credence into it. I would be surprised if Coach Tang left after just two years. It is possible that there are still some hard feelings over the Tomlin situation, but I think he will be back next season. JMO.
Yeah I’m with stlcatfan. I’ve listened to a few Heartland podcast and they’re okay. But I would say I find them to be one of the least in having great sources for inside info. I think most of what the say is just pure personal opinion. And that’s fine they can certainly have an opinion, but I wouldn’t put any stock into it as far as it applies to coach Tang.
These users thanked the author bhoovy for the post:
stlcatfan

ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#3 » March 8th, 2024, 10:37 am

If it's correct that Tang's parents have moved to Manhattan, that could be a strong factor in Coach T staying.

Frankly, I think it's an easy call for him staying with the Cats.
These users thanked the author ToledoCat#3 for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanrandallcat85

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » March 8th, 2024, 11:25 am

ToledoCat#3 wrote:
March 8th, 2024, 10:37 am
If it's correct that Tang's parents have moved to Manhattan, that could be a strong factor in Coach T staying.

Frankly, I think it's an easy call for him staying with the Cats.
Yeah, he mentioned that in a recent interview. It was funny because he said they moved from Florida to Manhattan during the time of that nasty cold snap we had earlier this winter. Coach Tang said he was glad they were already on the plane when the bitter cold air came in, otherwise they might have turned around and headed back to Florida. :)
These users thanked the author stlcatfan for the post:
randallcat85