I want Coach Tang to stay. I think the world of him.

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
tmcats

Pick 'Em

Re: I want Coach Tang to stay. I think the world of him.

Post by tmcats » March 21st, 2024, 11:30 am

i'm 100% coach tang. in fact i wrote a letter to the mercury before he was hired recommending gene taylor bring him on. nothing has changed. the body of work is strong. program values are top drawer. crazy faith, baby!
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post (total 5):
pharaohcatstlcatfanTbonespoprandallcat85WildcatEngineer
Why is there something rather than nothing?

wazucat

Post by wazucat » March 21st, 2024, 11:49 am

Love coach, he is a homerun hire - to bad KSU hit a infield fly when they hired our President.
These users thanked the author wazucat for the post (total 3):
SnyderTbonespopWildcatEngineer

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » March 21st, 2024, 12:55 pm

wazucat wrote:
March 21st, 2024, 11:49 am
Love coach, he is a homerun hire - to bad KSU hit a infield fly when they hired our President.
Agreed on Coach Tang. I like President Linton okay. I just wish he would have stayed out of the Tomlin situation (at least publicly). Coach Tang and Gene Taylor had things under control and Tomlin's situation was more in their purview, anyway. Oh well. It's water under the bridge now.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » March 21st, 2024, 1:03 pm

Linton is on double secret fan probation. If he has a similar circumstance in the not too distant future there will be an outcry for termination. Off to a very sketchy start. If Tang and Taylor were not on board the leash should be very short IMO. Has he done anything positive.

ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#3 » March 21st, 2024, 1:22 pm

Linton is trying to usher in a culture of interdisciplinary approaches to all three -- academics, research and extension.

He has launched a program to reach and help all 105 KS counties.

He's hired a new provost.

He's got a facilities upgrade going for the College of Agriculture.

All in all, at this point in time, I'd give Prez Linton an A grade.

My only criticism is higher education wide, not just at KSU. That is the total immersion into DEI. It's a worthless expense of money that could be spent much more productively.
These users thanked the author ToledoCat#3 for the post (total 3):
stlcatfankatlanderspot2180

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » March 21st, 2024, 1:40 pm

Ah, why is Tang such a good hire? Think about the change in program dynamics he has ushered in and potential program crippling situations he has defused. Plus giving some players a chance to play when others would not.

Regarding dynamics, this fan base EXPECTS the Cats to win and make it to the NCAA Tournament. A few years back we were setting for mediocrity. When we won we stormed.the court like a bunch of starving monkeys given access to bananas. Now we don't because we expect to win. We no longer chant for opposing teams to do unnatural sexual acts to themselves because Coach Tang asked for this to stop.

Last December when the Tomlin affair occurred and was about to tear this program apart, Tang stepped forward and showed he practices what he believes and calmed the waters. Tang helped Tomlin stay in school to get a college degree and kept a promise to Tomlin's mom.

Coach Tang gave Tomlin a chance after just playing 4 years of organized basketball. Tang was brave enough to give Johnson an opportunity to return to college basketball. He had faith enough to let Marquis Nowell develop in a way that was different than what Tang had prescribed.

Coach Tang wants to coach a winning program and help his players become life winners. So we did not get in the NCAA - in my grand scheme of life this really is no big whoop. I am not going to poke an eye out because of watching us lose some games, or cut the finger off that ran the remote, or castrate myself so there is no possibility of me spawning a child that might watch a game coached by Tang someday. But what Tang does for his players to prepare them for life is a Big Whoop for them.

Even Coach Weber has had good things happen to him. He got a nice exit payment from K State via the buyout. He is involved in basketball and sharing his knowledge of the sport as a broadcaster.

This naive fan base better realize many head hunters are trying to convince and seduce Tang to leave Kansas State. We better be showing our love for him. Right now Louisville is trying to get him.
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post (total 4):
ksudennyTbonespopstlcatfanWildcatEngineer

Highway26north

Post by Highway26north » March 25th, 2024, 12:52 pm

I don't get here often post-Weber, but I can't for the life of me imagine why anybody's complaining about Tang. I'm not a big fan of the religion on
the sleeve issue but, really, is that the best you got?
These users thanked the author Highway26north for the post:
randallcat85

kstueve

Post by kstueve » March 25th, 2024, 5:05 pm

ToledoCat#3 wrote:
March 21st, 2024, 1:22 pm
Linton is trying to usher in a culture of interdisciplinary approaches to all three -- academics, research and extension.

My only criticism is higher education wide, not just at KSU. That is the total immersion into DEI. It's a worthless expense of money that could be spent much more productively.
responsible for the absolutely assinine marketing slogan "The University for Kansas"

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » March 25th, 2024, 6:10 pm

kstueve wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 5:05 pm
ToledoCat#3 wrote:

responsible for the absolutely assinine marketing slogan "The University for Kansas"
The billboard says "Kansans", not "Kansas", which I think is a dig at KU being mostly out of staters.

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » March 25th, 2024, 7:00 pm

ToledoCat#3 wrote:

So, I don't live in the midwest and don't follow things related to the university closely (not even remotely closely). I barely follow it for ASU, which is where both of our kids went/go to school and is in my backyard essentially. Is Linton all pro DEI like 99% of University Presidents or is he just tolerant of it and bites his lip when it comes up? And I don't want this thread to go off the tracks politically, so I won't go any further about it (nor do I want others to other than yes he is, or no he isn't). TIA
These users thanked the author Tbonespop for the post:
randallcat85
EMAW