Perry has never played in the NCAA Tournament

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
SCKSCat

Perry has never played in the NCAA Tournament

Post by SCKSCat » February 28th, 2024, 11:32 am

Listen closely when Tylor Perry speaks.
He wants to play in the NCAA Tournament and this may be a good thing for us.
He has upped his game and is leading this bunch.
I see him finishing the season on a tear.

He has averaged 20 pts per game over the last 4 games.
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post:
pharaohcat

DeereCatFan

Pick 'Em

Post by DeereCatFan » February 28th, 2024, 1:21 pm

While I hope he goes on a tear to get them into the dance and earn that chance to play in it. It's really just too bad it had to come down to have to situations. So many games careless with the ball from the stats I saw. Was it a - well we'll get the next one mentality or maybe complacency.
Monumental task to get in, but it can be done.

Gorhoops

Post by Gorhoops » February 28th, 2024, 1:51 pm

I have a graphic on my google classroom page for one of my classes that is an Elite 8 graphic from last season. The six guys pictured on the Elite 8 graphic were Coach Tang, Quis, Keyonte, Ish, Desi and Tomlin.

I was looking at that today when I had it projected in the front of the classroom and realized, every one of those players are gone from last year and only Ish would probably be considered not a huge, huge loss. Remember, it wasn't just Quis or Keyonte that hurt to lose, but we often forget about Desi and the role he played, or even a guy like Tykei Greene and Baybe, both old veterans that could play minutes but also were tough, hard nosed practice players.

Quite honestly, it is somewhat hard to believe that Coach Tang even has this group in contention for a tourney berth. We basically have a mishmash of new transfers and really young players.

When I think of it that way, it hurts even more when we lost Tomlin and Glover, not only did it really hurt us from a production standpoint, but also just from a practice standpoint I would think.

A lot of the season has been frustrating, but honestly we probably should be thankful that we are even in the mix for a berth.
These users thanked the author Gorhoops for the post (total 4):
tmcatsstlcatfankatlanderspot2180

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » February 28th, 2024, 6:09 pm

https://bvmsports.com/2024/02/27/kansas ... ent-glory/

Tylor Perry, a 23-year-old college basketball player, is in the final stretch of his six-year career, leaving behind his small hometown in Oklahoma to play for Kansas State. His impressive performance, including a recent 29-point game, highlights his determination and skill as he aims to make his mark at a high-major level. Perry's dedication and leadership are crucial as K-State navigates the remainder of the season and seeks success in the upcoming Big 12 Tournament. His ultimate goal is to reach the NCAA Tournament, making every game crucial as he leaves it all on the court with "no regrets."

Now he sits in the postgame news conference after the West Virginia game, which is a game K-State badly needed to win. The Wildcats improved to 17-11 overall and 7-8 in the Big 12 Conference while the Mountaineers dropped to 9-19 and 4-11. The Wildcats now prepare to visit Cincinnati on Saturday. Then they visit Kansas on Tuesday. And then they host Iowa State on Senior Day next Saturday. And then comes the Big 12 Tournament.

The room gets quiet as Perry begins to speak.

"First of all," he says, "God is good." And you know that he means it because his voice almost cracks. And there were times this season when some doubters wondered if Perry's confidence might crack. Sometimes the ball hasn't always gone into the basket. The whispers, they were out there in the lush green fields, and yet he continued to play and pay it no mind.

"I've had such a great group of guys and coaching staff around me that's told me no matter what to keep going and the work will always pay off and the cream will always rise to the top," he says. "There's so much left to do at the end of the day. Regardless of what I'm shooting or what I'm doing, we have so much farther to go, and that's my biggest concern right now rather than if I'm making shots or not. I've got to empty the tank."
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post:
stlcatfan

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » February 29th, 2024, 10:04 pm

I like the attitude of this team going into the game with Cincinnati. Coach Tang said this is like a tournament game. If Perry wants to play in the tournament, he better play like a house on fire. Given the mindset he has been displaying, I will not be surprised by a road victory and big game from him.
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post (total 3):
randallcat85stlcatfantmcats

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » February 29th, 2024, 10:47 pm

It seems that Ames is taking the majority of the minutes at the point which should help Perry focus on scoring.
These users thanked the author katlander for the post (total 2):
KSUbetchastlcatfan

xtrawildcat

Post by xtrawildcat » February 29th, 2024, 11:47 pm

katlander wrote:
February 29th, 2024, 10:47 pm
It seems that Ames is taking the majority of the minutes at the point which should help Perry focus on scoring.
Ames played 24 of 45 minutes against WVU.. And about the same amount in the last few games. When he is in, point guard duties seem about even between Perry and Ames. So he is taking some of the load off Perry but Perry is still performing most of the point guard duties.
Both of them seem to be improving as the season progresses.
These users thanked the author xtrawildcat for the post (total 2):
stlcatfantmcats

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » March 2nd, 2024, 12:30 pm

xtrawildcat wrote:
February 29th, 2024, 11:47 pm
katlander wrote:
February 29th, 2024, 10:47 pm
Ames played 24 of 45 minutes against WVU.. And about the same amount in the last few games. When he is in, point guard duties seem about even between Perry and Ames. So he is taking some of the load off Perry but Perry is still performing most of the point guard duties.
Both of them seem to be improving as the season progresses.
Irt seems to me that Tyler is increasingly giving the ball to Dai Dai and allowing him to run the offense.

Zoltar

Post by Zoltar » March 2nd, 2024, 9:52 pm

Not going to happen this year either. Sorry.
Win the dang day!