COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
flatlander

Re: TCU vs TFC (KSU)

Post by flatlander » February 17th, 2024, 2:50 pm

There's always next year 'cuz this year is toast
:popcorn:

Snyder

Post by Snyder » February 17th, 2024, 3:02 pm

Good god, the season is not over. We have been playing behind the 8 ball most of the season. The fact we are still talking post season is a strong statement on what Coach Tang is building. I'm still worried Coach might decide to leave and then all hell will break loose.
EMAW
These users thanked the author Snyder for the post (total 2):
Section 12-2pharaohcat

bigpurpleman

Post by bigpurpleman » February 17th, 2024, 3:05 pm

Need better dudes.

KSUbetcha

Post by KSUbetcha » February 17th, 2024, 3:06 pm

How the heck did KSU not make one 3-pt shot?? TCU makes 5 3-pt shots in second half to win.

That's the difference in the game, along with getting killed on the boards & too many turnovers.

DeereCatFan

Pick 'Em

Post by DeereCatFan » February 17th, 2024, 3:24 pm

KSUbetcha wrote:
February 17th, 2024, 3:06 pm
How the heck did KSU not make one 3-pt shot?? TCU makes 5 3-pt shots in second half to win.

That's the difference in the game, along with getting killed on the boards & too many turnovers.
I thought they drained 1 trey :D .
All I can is laugh about this any more. Tang had some tough obstacles to overcome this year with some key players gone or hurt. I am not losing faith in his ability, but a little concerned they could not get this TO problem resolved. And the offense I saw today wow. I don't necessarily think TCU played good defense as opposed to just bad KSU offense.
I don't get too ruffled about Basketball but do hope for them to do good each year. I'd be tickled pink if they could get ISU in MHK here in a few weeks. Working in Des Moines just saves a little face for me.

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » February 17th, 2024, 3:24 pm

bigpurpleman wrote:
February 17th, 2024, 3:05 pm
Need better dudes.
We had them
- one has been injured all season
- one was dismissed
It is never an absolute to say that was our season, but that was our season.
One could make the assessment that we need more from the bench, but what we considered our bench in November has been starting all year.

One other "Look Back" - Ish as it turns out made the correct decision to go to Georgetown.

pharaohcat

Post by pharaohcat » February 17th, 2024, 3:26 pm

We were not killed on the boards tcu 31 ksu 27, TOs were about even, Ours were ill-timed! We just gave up a well guarded 3 at the end. Played hard but our leading scorer had a very bad day, still only lost on a last sec. 3!! Pull up our big boy pants and get after TEX.!!
These users thanked the author pharaohcat for the post:
stlcatfan

Ksustephens

Post by Ksustephens » February 17th, 2024, 3:37 pm

Not sure with NIL and portal now how much worth the coaches are. I mean is Tang a great coach or did he get extremely lucky with Kionte and Marquis last year? Great guy but how good of coach? I think it’s think it’s more about the Jimmys and Joes than coaches and Os
Snyder wrote:
February 17th, 2024, 3:02 pm
Good god, the season is not over. We have been playing behind the 8 ball most of the season. The fact we are still talking post season is a strong statement on what Coach Tang is building. I'm still worried Coach might decide to leave and then all hell will break loose.
EMAW

GoCats

Post by GoCats » February 17th, 2024, 3:38 pm

Ksustephens wrote:
February 17th, 2024, 3:37 pm
Not sure with NIL and portal now how much worth the coaches are. I mean is Tang a great coach or did he get extremely lucky with Kionte and Marquis last year? Great guy but how good of coach? I think it’s think it’s more about the Jimmys and Joes than coaches and Os
Snyder wrote:
February 17th, 2024, 3:02 pm
EMAW
Not being able to correct something like turnovers over the course of 2 years makes me skeptical.

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » February 17th, 2024, 3:40 pm

For those familiar with when Monday Night Football started, Don Meredith was one of the original crew. When a game wasn’t over, but was basically over, Dandy Don started to sing, “Turn out the lights, the party’s over”. Unfortunately Dandy Don is warming up with regards to the Cats ncaa tournament hopes.

Very bad loss today, considering where they’re at and what’s needed for post season. Losing at home and to a so-so TCU team. Will take something we haven’t seen from this team all year to make the postseason now.
These users thanked the author bhoovy for the post (total 2):
WildcatEngineerstlcatfan