Oklahoma State Cowboys

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Re: Oklahoma State Cowboys

Post by WildcatEngineer » February 3rd, 2024, 4:44 pm

pharaohcat wrote:
February 3rd, 2024, 4:35 pm
I am a KSU fan through thick and thin, went to all the home games in the Assberry and Woolie years, I will be here for the whole season!!!!
Pharoh, my wife and I are with you. See you Monday night. Go Cats.

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » February 3rd, 2024, 4:50 pm

pharaohcat wrote:
February 3rd, 2024, 4:35 pm
I am a KSU fan through thick and thin, went to all the home games in the Assberry and Woolie years, I will be here for the whole season!!!!
I did as well and just not willing to do it again. I listened to the Cats football games on the radio before Snyder, just hoping to get that one win. So I’ve been that die hard fan. But just not willing to continue to do it any more.

Watching the Cats for a couple hours is the thing I look forward to doing to take my mind off of other things, as life has gotten much busier. So it’s supposed to be my little escape. But the play is too frustrating to be an escape and enjoyable. There has to be other things that can provide a break without all the frustration and disappointment.

I’m not bashing players or coaches or even saying they won’t right the ship, but just they’ll have to right it before I climb back aboard and once again give up my time.

pharaohcat

Post by pharaohcat » February 3rd, 2024, 5:06 pm

IMHO, this year was placed in a rough patch when Tomlin and Glover were lost! Tomlin would have given us another scorer, rebounder and defensive player. Glover would have given us another older point guard. For those who say we don't have the dudes, I would say we had them! We just have to keep trying to get better and recruit help for our team. In this league you just can't lose your best player and hope to be as good as you would have been. What would KU be without Hunter?
These users thanked the author pharaohcat for the post:
katlander

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » February 3rd, 2024, 5:09 pm

https://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadca ... slive=ksu
I never saw Glover play so I never realized what we lost.

But looking at how many assists and turnovers this team has I can see how the season was limited before the USC opener.

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » February 3rd, 2024, 5:10 pm

pharaohcat wrote:
February 3rd, 2024, 5:06 pm
IMHO, this year was placed in a rough patch when Tomlin and Glover were lost! Tomlin would have given us another scorer, rebounder and defensive player. Glover would have given us another older point guard. For those who say we don't have the dudes, I would say we had them! We just have to keep trying to get better and recruit help for our team. In this league you just can't lose your best player and hope to be as good as you would have been. What would KU be without Hunter?
I would agree completely with regards to the Cats.

But I think ku would be hurt more without McCuller or the emergence of Furphy. Hunter never really helped Michigan so much.
These users thanked the author bhoovy for the post:
pharaohcat

wazucat

Post by wazucat » February 3rd, 2024, 5:13 pm

I expected a lot from this team - until our esteemed president decided to tank the season for us.
These users thanked the author wazucat for the post:
katlander

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » February 3rd, 2024, 6:03 pm

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... wan-tomlin

PTS 10.4
REB 5.9
AST 0.8
FG% 55.6

Tomlin's stats with Memphis are solid, but not outstanding. His Defense would definitely had helped. But I think he would have meant only 1 or 2 more wins.

No experienced point guard is the major issue.

ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#3 » February 3rd, 2024, 6:46 pm

For the Gloomy Fans, recall how low the Cyclones fell not long ago and rebuilt in one year through the portal and with good recruiting. For some reason, this team has not meshed like last year's team. I think the biggest difference was Nowell. His interior passes got through for the basket. This year the interior passes hit legs, knees, and ankles.
These users thanked the author ToledoCat#3 for the post:
katlander

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » February 3rd, 2024, 7:10 pm

WildcatEngineer wrote:
February 3rd, 2024, 6:03 pm
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... wan-tomlin

PTS 10.4
REB 5.9
AST 0.8
FG% 55.6

Tomlin's stats with Memphis are solid, but not outstanding. His Defense would definitely had helped. But I think he would have meant only 1 or 2 more wins.

No experienced point guard is the major issue.
His numbers aren’t necessarily so outstanding because Memphis has multiple players who can fill it up. They don’t need a lot from him. And yet he’s still putting up solid numbers.

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » February 3rd, 2024, 7:18 pm

ToledoCat#3 wrote:
February 3rd, 2024, 6:46 pm
For the Gloomy Fans, recall how low the Cyclones fell not long ago and rebuilt in one year through the portal and with good recruiting. For some reason, this team has not meshed like last year's team. I think the biggest difference was Nowell. His interior passes got through for the basket. This year the interior passes hit legs, knees, and ankles.
I think most still believe in Tang and believe we will have solid teams. But the team this year has taken a big 180 and there’s been little sign of turning it back around. And it’s hard to believe that it will happen Monday with a ku team who’s been shooting it well.

They only difference I seen today was the change in the starting lineup. But the results were the same. Maddening turnovers, bad shooting, many times bad defensive rebounding and now the defense is also lacking. There’s little for fans to get excited about. They’re going to need to do something to get the fans excited. Tang pleaded with the fans to come out and support, now they need to give the fans something to be happy and excited about it.