Oklahoma State Cowboys

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
xtrawildcat

Re: Oklahoma State Cowboys

Post by xtrawildcat » February 3rd, 2024, 7:28 pm

Regarding Tomlin.
Memphis ened a 4 game losing streak with a last second shot to win over WSU at home.

Lost to South Florida, UAB, Tulane and Rice.

Tomlin might have helped but no way to know for sure.
These users thanked the author xtrawildcat for the post:
randallcat85

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » February 3rd, 2024, 7:43 pm

xtrawildcat wrote:
February 3rd, 2024, 7:28 pm
Regarding Tomlin.
Memphis ened a 4 game losing streak with a last second shot to win over WSU at home.

Lost to South Florida, UAB, Tulane and Rice.

Tomlin might have helped but no way to know for sure.
The AAC is a lot better than most people think, although their lost to Rice is laughable, but IMO, the problem with Memphis is who’s coaching them. They’re extremely talented, but play an AAU style of basketball. Not a disciplined team at all. When they’re rolling offensively they’re hard for anyone to beat. But if not they play a lot of one on one ball and showboat ball which allows the other teams opportunity.

If we could take their pg and Tomlin or Jones, we’d be in the top of the Big12 standings. That’s a waste of a lot of talent on that team as they won’t reach their potential.

pharaohcat

Post by pharaohcat » February 3rd, 2024, 8:57 pm

IMHO, we would have at least 2 more wins in the B-12 with Tomlin. Again JMHO!!! :wink:
Last edited by pharaohcat on February 3rd, 2024, 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author pharaohcat for the post:
randallcat85

Section 12-2

Post by Section 12-2 » February 3rd, 2024, 9:29 pm

WildcatEngineer wrote:
February 3rd, 2024, 4:44 pm
pharaohcat wrote:
February 3rd, 2024, 4:35 pm
I am a KSU fan through thick and thin, went to all the home games in the Assberry and Woolie years, I will be here for the whole season!!!!
Pharoh, my wife and I are with you. See you Monday night. Go Cats.
We'll be there.
I'm sitting here listening to Buddy Holly and wondering if Tang will get the ship righted this season. He may need another season to get it done.
These users thanked the author Section 12-2 for the post (total 2):
pharaohcatrandallcat85

pharaohcat

Post by pharaohcat » February 3rd, 2024, 9:42 pm

Good music!!!
These users thanked the author pharaohcat for the post:
randallcat85

DeereCatFan

Pick 'Em

Post by DeereCatFan » February 4th, 2024, 6:21 am

SCKSCat wrote:
February 3rd, 2024, 4:39 pm
bhoovy wrote:
February 3rd, 2024, 4:19 pm
Well folks, I’m done for a while with this team. The four game losing streak has worn me down and mostly because of how. They’re just not fun to watch at all. They’ve lost to the two worst coaches in the league in back row o back games. One a blowout loss at home and one on the road to a very offensive inept team and made them look very good.

So I’ll check the ticker to see the score and if they won maybe watch the replay to see what they did and if they lost, then be thankful I didn’t waste two hours.

If they somehow turn it around then I’ll be back, but no more game chats for me.

Baseball starts in 2 weeks and we have a preseason ranked team I’m hoping brings a lot of enjoyment to Cat fans.
Bhoovy, I am at the same place you are. I did not watch the game on TV, but listened to it on the radio. Wyatt and Stan take some of the sting out of this.
It is apparent that OSU freshmen were way better than ours. Maybe someday ours will live up to the hype.
A loss is bad enough to those guys picking for the Big Daddy tournament, but a loss to OSU is going to put the whammy on us getting selected.
NIT is a respected tournament.
We need to play with energy.
They'll need to find some more wins to get into the NIT. Right now not sure how likely that is. IMHO they just lost a pair of what I would call their easiest games. Agree might pick up the WVU game. Outside of that and just from what I read on the games and see in the stats not seeing any others real likely.

xtrawildcat

Post by xtrawildcat » February 4th, 2024, 8:58 am

LOL at those bailing out because we are 4 and 5 in the Big 12.. Thats friggin weak.

bigpurpleman

Post by bigpurpleman » February 4th, 2024, 9:36 am

What the portal did for us last year, it’s doing the opposite this year. This is what you get when you build teams through the portal. Get used to it.

DeereCatFan

Pick 'Em

Post by DeereCatFan » February 4th, 2024, 10:51 am

xtrawildcat wrote:
February 4th, 2024, 8:58 am
LOL at those bailing out because we are 4 and 5 in the Big 12.. Thats friggin weak.
Not bailing out. Just stating what I believe. Big 12 is tough and it doesn’t appear the Cats are playing too well right now. Gonna be tough to get wins imo. Hopefully they can right the ship, I’ll be pulling for them and will watch when I’m back if it works.

I can certainly understand the frustration some are feeling when investing some time to watch. And don’t blame them. It’s not relaxing to watch from what I hear. Plus me personally I can watch about any college football game. I cannot do that with basketball- only the Cats. Until tourney time.

xtrawildcat

Post by xtrawildcat » February 4th, 2024, 11:28 am

Also,
DNG only played 13 minutes because they were wanting to give his knee a rest. Finally put him in in the second half.
We were plus 6 with him in the game.

My post about fans checking out being weak is only directed at those who have checked out.

You can be upset about the losses and express that sentiment lots of ways. But checking out is weak.