non-k-state games ...

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Re: non-k-state games ...

Post by WildcatEngineer » March 16th, 2024, 10:25 pm

Oregon just upset Colorado

The "Last 4 In" is changing by the minute.

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » March 16th, 2024, 10:29 pm

Houston lost at Iowa State. The Sprint Center is like the Hilton South.
Houston relies on relentless defensive press to turn teams over. This was Houston's third game in 3 days. Likely the Cougars were tired enough to be a step behind and played less intense defense. ISU shot 3s.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 17th, 2024, 1:22 pm

lots of fun games yesterday.

1. oregon has a "godzilla in the middle" who just destroyed cu's eddie lampkin - kind of fun to watch;
2. oregon also has a hof coach at the helm - wonder what would have happened had not k-state run dana off?
3. nc state's win over the in-state blue blood was a great watch - wolfpack have a cooper beebe clone at center - won 5 straight, wow!
4. iowa state makes a case for #1 seed as a result of unc loss - clones are a solid outfit with really good guard play but weak middle;
5. uconn wins the big east dismantling marquette - give me the huskies v. the field - talent and coaching;
6. purdue goes down to wisconsin - same ole boilers, methinks - actually, same ole b10;
7. illini beat nubs - the mayor's razzle-dazzle offense gets them notice, not banners;
8. give me auburn and illinois in sunday's championships - both are ncaa dark horses but i like brad's more;
9. can't see any way in hell that k-state gets a dance card - crazy faith or not, bring on the national invitational tournament;
10. suspect b12 ends up with less than the planned nine - ou shouldn't be in anyway losing six of last eight - tcu also questionable.

These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
stlcatfan
Why is there something rather than nothing?

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » March 17th, 2024, 1:39 pm

tmcats wrote:
March 17th, 2024, 1:22 pm
lots of fun games yesterday.

1. oregon has a "godzilla in the middle" who just destroyed cu's eddie lampkin - kind of fun to watch;
2. oregon also has a hof coach at the helm - wonder what would have happened had not k-state run dana off?
3. nc state's win over the in-state blue blood was a great watch - wolfpack have a cooper beebe clone at center - won 5 straight, wow!
4. iowa state makes a case for #1 seed as a result of unc loss - clones are a solid outfit with really good guard play but weak middle;
5. uconn wins the big east dismantling marquette - give me the huskies v. the field - talent and coaching;
6. purdue goes down to wisconsin - same ole boilers, methinks - actually, same ole b10;
7. illini beat nubs - the mayor's razzle-dazzle offense gets them notice, not banners;
8. give me auburn and illinois in sunday's championships - both are ncaa dark horses but i like brad's more;
9. can't see any way in hell that k-state gets a dance card - crazy faith or not, bring on the national invitational tournament;
10. suspect b12 ends up with less than the planned nine - ou shouldn't be in anyway losing six of last eight - tcu also questionable.

5. What’s the appeal to UConn? They do seem to continue to get long, athletic, skilled players. I think Hurley is a good coach but not a guru. Just seems odd they continue to get all the talent they do.
Does UConn have some huge NIL war chest?

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 17th, 2024, 1:48 pm

uconn is a traditional power. a true blue blood to my eyes. way more recent championships than the down river college at lawrence for example. huskies mine the northeast for talent - baltimore, boston, nyc, and so on. hurley is a proven, successful, tough-nut coach from a legendary coaching family. and yes, i'm sure they don't have trouble gathering cash to meet payroll.

UConn has won five NCAA men's Division I college basketball championships:

2023 (defeated San Diego State 76-59)
2014 (defeated Kentucky, 60-54)
2011 (defeated Butler, 53-41)
2004 (defeated Georgia Tech, 82-73)
1999 (defeated Duke, 77-74)
Why is there something rather than nothing?