New home for Tomlin?

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
Catalum

Re: New home for Tomlin?

Post by Catalum » December 12th, 2023, 1:51 pm

tmcats wrote:
December 12th, 2023, 12:04 pm
agree, betcha. i suspect tomlin was suspended permanently but allowed to stay in school until he graduated. it was all coordinated. the a.d., tang, president's messages: 1, 2, 3. then, he graduates making tang happy, fulfilling his commitment to tomlin and his family. and tomlin moves on to memphis playing for a program that to me is the perfect fit.
Let's hope this is how it went down. I wish nothing but the best for Tomlin.

TIme to get behind this team, sans Tomlin. I guess we'll never know the details and that's fine. If Taylor, Tang, and Klieman are all still K-State employees at the start of the 2024 academic year, then this whole situation was indeed over-blown.

Because my safety, my freedom, and my rights are non-negotiable.

ChemicalKat

Post by ChemicalKat » December 12th, 2023, 1:53 pm

tmcats wrote:
December 12th, 2023, 12:04 pm
agree, betcha. i suspect tomlin was suspended permanently but allowed to stay in school until he graduated. it was all coordinated. the a.d., tang, president's messages: 1, 2, 3. then, he graduates making tang happy, fulfilling his commitment to tomlin and his family. and tomlin moves on to memphis playing for a program that to me is the perfect fit.
I HOPE that’s the case and everything has been on the up and up. It needs to be reviewed by the Board of Regents though. Including rumors of people getting their jobs threatened.

Regardless if it was on the up and up or not, the heavy handed punishments have hurt the University. There is a middle ground between forcing perfect behavior from 20 year olds and the kind of corruption going on at places like Alabama.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » December 12th, 2023, 2:02 pm

you nor i have any idea what went on with tomlin, nor do the media midgets claiming to be journalists. logic tells me watching this unfold that tomlin wasn't going to play here again but his coaches and administrators wanted to see him walk with a degree. so, they allowed time for that to happen.

logic also tells me that no president or administrator craters the career of a wildly popular student-athlete without good reason. that's just silly on steroids to think that happened in this case. people, including college presidents, most often act in their own best interests not creating chaos for the fun of it or pure bravado. no responsible party had anything to gain by dismissing tomlin.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Gorhoops

Post by Gorhoops » December 12th, 2023, 2:05 pm

I want to move on from all of this but then tmcats posts a pic of Scarlett Johanson, she sure is a good looking gal.
These users thanked the author Gorhoops for the post (total 3):
tmcatspharaohcatSection 12-2

KSUbetcha

Post by KSUbetcha » December 12th, 2023, 2:16 pm

tmcats wrote:
December 12th, 2023, 1:08 pm
it was a rumor, betcha, and false at that?

Yeppers.
These users thanked the author KSUbetcha for the post:
Section 12-2

pharaohcat

Post by pharaohcat » December 12th, 2023, 2:45 pm

That's something we can agree on!!!
These users thanked the author pharaohcat for the post:
randallcat85

Section 12-2

Post by Section 12-2 » December 12th, 2023, 2:46 pm

KSUbetcha wrote:
December 12th, 2023, 2:16 pm
tmcats wrote:
December 12th, 2023, 1:08 pm
it was a rumor, betcha, and false at that?

Yeppers.
Thanks for brightening my day.
These users thanked the author Section 12-2 for the post:
tmcats

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » December 12th, 2023, 3:28 pm

Section 12-2 wrote:
December 12th, 2023, 2:46 pm
KSUbetcha wrote:
December 12th, 2023, 2:16 pm

Yeppers.
Thanks for brightening my day.
That picture says it all, and then some.
These users thanked the author katlander for the post:
tmcats

ChemicalKat

Post by ChemicalKat » December 12th, 2023, 4:06 pm

tmcats wrote:
December 12th, 2023, 2:02 pm
you nor i have any idea what went on with tomlin, nor do the media midgets claiming to be journalists. logic tells me watching this unfold that tomlin wasn't going to play here again but his coaches and administrators wanted to see him walk with a degree. so, they allowed time for that to happen.

logic also tells me that no president or administrator craters the career of a wildly popular student-athlete without good reason. that's just silly on steroids to think that happened in this case. people, including college presidents, most often act in their own best interests not creating chaos for the fun of it or pure bravado. no responsible party had anything to gain by dismissing tomlin.
You might be able to accept the story spun you by the administration but I will not.
These users thanked the author ChemicalKat for the post:
randallcat85

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » December 12th, 2023, 4:11 pm

ChemicalKat wrote:
December 12th, 2023, 4:06 pm
tmcats wrote:
December 12th, 2023, 2:02 pm

You might be able to accept the story spun you by the administration but I will not.
no one spun me anything. i have a brain that continues to function in spite of my advanced years. this circle jerk of fitz, kurtz, and other midgets, media and otherwise, makes absolutely no sense. it's completely and wholly irrational at its very foundation. only a fool would be taken by their conspiracy theories, present company excepted of course. if there was a zip of truth to it, they would have interviewed tomlin and gotten the correct story. there's nothing stopping him from clearing his name other than the facts.
Why is there something rather than nothing?