COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
Puffdad

Re: Villanova

Post by Puffdad » December 6th, 2023, 8:47 am

katlander wrote:
December 6th, 2023, 8:15 am
SCKSCat wrote:
December 6th, 2023, 3:21 am
That game was one of those legendary shit moments. That game was one people will.be talking about in the Tang folklore. A number of players last night were accepted by fans into the EMAW family.
Up to this point we have been gnawing on our own balls, but now we are going to chew the balls off of our competition.
How eloquent. :shock:
When N'Guessan has the ball constantly behind the 3 point line.....I could chew by own balls off..... :roll: :roll:

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » December 6th, 2023, 9:01 am

Puffdad wrote:
December 6th, 2023, 8:47 am
katlander wrote:
December 6th, 2023, 8:15 am

How eloquent. :shock:
When N'Guessan has the ball constantly behind the 3 point line.....I could chew by own balls off..... :roll: :roll:
It seems to me that we are asking some players to expand their game. I think the experiment with N' may need to be reeled back soon. He is a very good rebounder and solid player but asking him to be a point 4 may be a bridge too far.

xtrawildcat

Post by xtrawildcat » December 6th, 2023, 10:20 am

katlander wrote:
December 6th, 2023, 8:42 am
Fun game last night. It was a white out but all I had was grey. It looked like 95% of the crowd was compliant.

Overall, it was the best game so far. One thing occurred to me, The Perry experiment at point is probably not going to work. He has a way to go to get his mind to think like a point guard. His history is shooting guard and that is the way he tends to play. My question is what Tyler wants to do. If he came here to become a point guard we probably need to give him more time. From a team standpoint I think we need to look to Ames or Glover at the point.

This team showed signs of turning the corner last night and the offense looked really good at times. These guys will collectively find their own identity and individual roles and expectations. Last year was special and this team will be okay. The return of Tomlin and Glover could take us to another level.

Last year Coach Tang could relax and let Markquis run the show. This year's team nay be more hands on and a work in progress. After last night I am more excited to attend the games.
Not sure what you are looking for in a point guard.
- Perry had 6 assists with two tovs last night.
- Number 5 in the league in assists per game even with Ames getting some of the primary ball handler duties.
- 4th in the league in assist to tov ratio and that is better than any league guards that have more assists.

Pick and roll to Mcnair was a big play last night.

He is averaging 5.4 assists and two tovs per game.

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » December 6th, 2023, 10:37 am

xtrawildcat wrote:
December 6th, 2023, 10:20 am
katlander wrote:
December 6th, 2023, 8:42 am
Fun game last night. It was a white out but all I had was grey. It looked like 95% of the crowd was compliant.

Overall, it was the best game so far. One thing occurred to me, The Perry experiment at point is probably not going to work. He has a way to go to get his mind to think like a point guard. His history is shooting guard and that is the way he tends to play. My question is what Tyler wants to do. If he came here to become a point guard we probably need to give him more time. From a team standpoint I think we need to look to Ames or Glover at the point.

This team showed signs of turning the corner last night and the offense looked really good at times. These guys will collectively find their own identity and individual roles and expectations. Last year was special and this team will be okay. The return of Tomlin and Glover could take us to another level.

Last year Coach Tang could relax and let Markquis run the show. This year's team nay be more hands on and a work in progress. After last night I am more excited to attend the games.
Not sure what you are looking for in a point guard.
- Perry had 6 assists with two tovs last night.
- Number 5 in the league in assists per game even with Ames getting some of the primary ball handler duties.
- 4th in the league in assist to tov ratio and that is better than any league guards that have more assists.

Pick and roll to Mcnair was a big play last night.

He is averaging 5.4 assists and two tovs per game.
Facts are a terrible thing!

KSUbetcha

Post by KSUbetcha » December 6th, 2023, 11:32 am

Perry is a good guard, and can handle the ball fairly well. However, I think he tends to be better suited to the 2-guard position. He will continue to share point duties with Ames and Glover when he gets into the lineup.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » December 6th, 2023, 12:40 pm

almost noontime day after thoughts about last night for those who mostly don't care:

1. king arthur is a stud who has that euro-step down to an artform;
2. defense seems to my eyeball test to have markedly improved as these dudes learn and get acquainted;
3. david n'guessan is either almost good or almost bad, i'm not sure which;
4. if will mcnair continues to improve, even without tomlin, this team will be good;
5. dai dai ames was +15 while on the floor, the youngster just has tons of upside game;
6. so, in big games the rotation is down to eight players with r.j. jones last in;
7. tylor perry looked like markquis nowell on the game winner - trusting he continues to unwrap his game;
8. i knew when it went OT that state would win, that's nine straight for coach tang;
9. the crowd was at times amazing on tv, i'm sure it was evem better in the octagon;
10. tomlin was right there in the crowd celebrating afterwards, see linky, hopefully he's playing soon :|

https://twitter.com/i/status/1732222054252876012
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
stlcatfan
Why is there something rather than nothing?

pharaohcat

Post by pharaohcat » December 6th, 2023, 12:52 pm

I don't think David N'G's "D" gets enough credit, he does have problems with good tall players but can cover anyone on the court on the outside. Moves his feet very well, has long arms, and is quick. His main problem is his lack of a shot. Would like to see him used more in the pick and roll game. But this is just MHO!!

xtrawildcat

Post by xtrawildcat » December 6th, 2023, 1:16 pm

DNG had 9 defensive rebounds last night and two blocks.
These users thanked the author xtrawildcat for the post:
pharaohcat

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » December 6th, 2023, 1:33 pm

Funny thing. I had not watched the Cats play this year until last night. TBH, after having read all of the negative comments about this team, I was expecting a rag tag bunch of players with little discipline and questionable talent. So, I was a little (😳) surprised at how well this team played. Certainly much improvement is needed to become a top-tier Big 12 team, but this group of young men has a ton of upside. Moral of the story: believe most of what you see, and far less of what you hear.
These users thanked the author PurpleOnWhite for the post (total 3):
stlcatfanKralicekpharaohcat

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » December 6th, 2023, 3:39 pm

tmcats wrote:
December 6th, 2023, 12:40 pm
almost noontime day after thoughts about last night for those who mostly don't care:

9. the crowd was at times amazing on tv, i'm sure it was evem better in the octagon;

https://twitter.com/i/status/1732222054252876012

Yes, it was an amazing atmosphere, especially after Perry hit that winning shot in OT!
These users thanked the author stlcatfan for the post:
tmcats
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln