katlander

Pick 'Em

Re: Tomlin

Post by katlander » March 22nd, 2024, 11:54 pm

Tbonespop wrote:
March 22nd, 2024, 8:45 pm
SCKSCat wrote:
March 22nd, 2024, 8:14 pm

That is the unanswered question as to what happened. Litton brought it up in the Mercury. When Tomlin got to Memphis he was interviewed, and he said he now has a female dog who won't get him into trouble.
I didn't have an opinion on Litton until this situation and as stuff has surfaced recently. I don't live in Kansas or anywhere near the midwest and I just don't follow that closely. I rarely listen to podcasts of KSU talking heads. This whole saga is a bunch of crap. It should be cut and dry, period. When things aren't cut and dry - meaning things are kept hush hush, or "Swept under the rug", etc. that tells me there isn't enough evidence there for it to warrant a serious corrective course of action. If something is as serious as suggested, it simply can't be swept under the rug due to legitimate legal protocol. And do we honestly believe that is there was some serious "that Title XI" could hide it and something so serious that Tang would be cool with just making Tomlin have to work his way back into the good graces? Not for a second. Its cut and dry. Did Tomlin break the law, was he arrested, and was he convicted (or did he admit to) a crime? If he did, it would be public. Its not public, so that answer is no - he wasn't. The fact that it gets "buried within Title XI" says that there was nothing there in terms of real evidence, because if there was evidence of a crime it would have been public and there would have been an arrest and further proceedings. Any suggestion by anyone in the KSU administration is trying to do nothing more than cover their ass for their behavior or actions. If there was a legit charge, it would be public. There wasn't so there has to be innuendo to justify the actions taken. The fact that this keeps coming up tells me that Litton has taken some heat publicly and he cares too much about his image - which is sociopathic. If someone only cares about doing the right thing, and they do the right thing, why feel the need to comment about it? Especially, not once or twice, but what 3 times? This wreaks of Litton having issues. I know that in the past when I got into any controversial situation, that when I did right by my conscience, I just let it go and didn't pay any attention to the noise, because I know I did what was right.

And let me be very clear, I didn't and haven't followed this drama. I hate drama. I also firmly believe in discipline and good behavior. Its very simple. If the behavior was serious and illegal, let the legal process play itself out - suspend the player until it does. Once the process is concluded, depending on the outcome the player can either be reinstated or terminated based on what actually what happened. It should have been a non-story. If Tomlin just screwed up but nothing serious occurred, you let the coaches and AD handle it. But that didn't happen.

None of that took place. This is a friggin Jerry Springer show. Its embarrassing. I'm ashamed of the University and the administration. Its unprofessional. A change needs to be made.

So true. Linton turned this into a mess by making a mountain out of a mole hill. Then he BSed us that it was illegal to tell us the truth. Since when is truth and transparency illegal. As is often the case the cover-up may be worse than the crime. What our new president apparently did was to over-react, assert his authority, and hide the facts in a vain attempt to protect K-State. Now it appears he may be in CYA mode. If Tang does indeed leave it may be wise for Linton to move on as well and save himself from the wrath of the faithful. This may be for the best for all concerned. If he remains the Taylor/Klieman combo may also opt to get while the gettin is good..
These users thanked the author katlander for the post:
stlcatfan

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » March 23rd, 2024, 12:12 am

learnin wrote:
March 22nd, 2024, 11:22 pm
katlander wrote:
March 22nd, 2024, 11:15 pm
From what I have gathered Tomlin was not the instigator in the October altercation. The allegation is that he should not have been arrested. If what occurred was not his fault, then a short suspension would have been appropriate. Maybe he should not have been suspended at all.

Hard to recruit and keep a team when a third party intervenes and overrules. This decision appears to have been unilateral, hasty, and extreme. Not only was Tomlin's departure a penalty to Tomlin, but also to Tang, the basketball program, Gene Taylor, the other players, and to the fans.

El Roberson had some issues while here. Some growing pains. The most infamous at the bowl game right after we won the B-12 title. Bill Snyder made the decision to sit El for a while but made the tough decision to let him play, largely for the welfare of those mentioned above. But the decision was not made by the AD or the President. No doubt they were on board, but this was a decision for the coach.

Two thirty in the morning in an altercation where a woman was struck. This after you’ve already been suspended for multiple Title IX issues. Does it really matter who instigated the melee?
Well, it really matters as to who struck the woman. Given that Tomlin was later released and not charged indicates that it was not him. Maybe he intervened to protect the woman. I really have no idea as to what actually happened, but I do think the facts matter. I was not aware that Tomlin had multiple suspensions.

pulitzerdavid

Post by pulitzerdavid » March 23rd, 2024, 12:24 am

Tbonespop wrote:
March 22nd, 2024, 11:40 pm
learnin wrote:

Two thirty in the morning in an altercation where a woman was struck. This after you’ve already been suspended for multiple Title IX issues. Does it really matter who instigated the melee?
Do you have actual evidence Tomlin struck the woman, if so please provide that proof. Were battery charges filed against Tomlin, was he tried and convicted for battery or were charges dropped? What were Title IX issues? Please be specific. Title IX is designed around equality in sports. Any inuendo around that is a cover up that there is no evidence to support the claims. I'd like to see proof, of pretty much anything. I'm just looking for facts here. No inuendo, just facts and lots of rumors.
He doesn't have to be specific. It's none of your business. The standard for Tomlin's behavior was set by the president and agreed to by the AD and Tang. Tomlin then broke the trust of the three men, and got involved in a brawl at a bar at 2:30 in the morning. Linton then asked Tang and Taylor to take care of the matter and dismiss Tomlin before he went to the hospital. Instead, they went behind Linton's back and schemed to try to keep Tomlin on the team.
"What other people think is none of my business" - Scotty Scheffler, Masters Champion. Great advice Scotty.

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » March 23rd, 2024, 12:24 am

katlander wrote:
March 22nd, 2024, 11:54 pm
Tbonespop wrote:
March 22nd, 2024, 8:45 pm

I didn't have an opinion on Litton until this situation and as stuff has surfaced recently. I don't live in Kansas or anywhere near the midwest and I just don't follow that closely. I rarely listen to podcasts of KSU talking heads. This whole saga is a bunch of crap. It should be cut and dry, period. When things aren't cut and dry - meaning things are kept hush hush, or "Swept under the rug", etc. that tells me there isn't enough evidence there for it to warrant a serious corrective course of action. If something is as serious as suggested, it simply can't be swept under the rug due to legitimate legal protocol. And do we honestly believe that is there was some serious "that Title XI" could hide it and something so serious that Tang would be cool with just making Tomlin have to work his way back into the good graces? Not for a second. Its cut and dry. Did Tomlin break the law, was he arrested, and was he convicted (or did he admit to) a crime? If he did, it would be public. Its not public, so that answer is no - he wasn't. The fact that it gets "buried within Title XI" says that there was nothing there in terms of real evidence, because if there was evidence of a crime it would have been public and there would have been an arrest and further proceedings. Any suggestion by anyone in the KSU administration is trying to do nothing more than cover their ass for their behavior or actions. If there was a legit charge, it would be public. There wasn't so there has to be innuendo to justify the actions taken. The fact that this keeps coming up tells me that Litton has taken some heat publicly and he cares too much about his image - which is sociopathic. If someone only cares about doing the right thing, and they do the right thing, why feel the need to comment about it? Especially, not once or twice, but what 3 times? This wreaks of Litton having issues. I know that in the past when I got into any controversial situation, that when I did right by my conscience, I just let it go and didn't pay any attention to the noise, because I know I did what was right.

And let me be very clear, I didn't and haven't followed this drama. I hate drama. I also firmly believe in discipline and good behavior. Its very simple. If the behavior was serious and illegal, let the legal process play itself out - suspend the player until it does. Once the process is concluded, depending on the outcome the player can either be reinstated or terminated based on what actually what happened. It should have been a non-story. If Tomlin just screwed up but nothing serious occurred, you let the coaches and AD handle it. But that didn't happen.

None of that took place. This is a friggin Jerry Springer show. Its embarrassing. I'm ashamed of the University and the administration. Its unprofessional. A change needs to be made.

So true. Very well said! Good to see common sense and good judgement at work. :fistbump: Linton turned this into a mess by making a mountain out of a mole hill. Then he BSed us that it was illegal to tell us the truth. Since when is truth and transparency illegal. As is often the case the cover-up may be worse than the crime. What our new president apparently did was to over-react, assert his authority, and hide the facts in a vain attempt to protect K-State. Now it appears he may be in CYA mode. If Tang does indeed leave it may be wise for Linton to move on as well and save himself from the wrath of the faithful. This may be for the best for all concerned. If he remains the Taylor/Klieman combo may also opt to get while the gettin is good. Maybe he can catch on at KU and pull this crap on Self.

pulitzerdavid

Post by pulitzerdavid » March 23rd, 2024, 12:37 am

Despite the evidence presented in this damaging article in Mercury, there are those on this forum who still want to scapegoat President Linton, and back a player who had multiple issues of egregious behavior. They also choose to ignore the actions of our athletic director and men's basketball coach who went against an agreed upon standard for this player's behavior - cooking up their own narrative for how the standard should be altered. As a KSU alum, I find this disturbing.
"What other people think is none of my business" - Scotty Scheffler, Masters Champion. Great advice Scotty.

learnin

Post by learnin » March 23rd, 2024, 1:00 am

Ksuminnesotacat wrote:
March 22nd, 2024, 11:29 pm
learnin wrote:
March 22nd, 2024, 11:07 pm

The truth comes out and you know it doesn’t look good for Tang. So, you attack your alma mater rather than admit you may have been mistaken. You admit two posters will be happy. Why will they be happy? Because yesterday they told you some things that were difficult to swallow. Today, you now have to consider that they had a point.
Not really here try this it might help….

B634D252-A8E5-4270-A984-5E3BE6FDCE21.jpeg
If you knew how many times I’ve uttered that prayer, you’d think I was out of my mind.

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » March 23rd, 2024, 1:04 am

The March 21st, 2024 article in the Mercury by Bryan Clinton is a fluff piece with no hard facts. It appears to be an attempt to assauge the masses without telling us the whole story. Meaningless tripe.

learnin

Post by learnin » March 23rd, 2024, 1:16 am

Tbonespop wrote:
March 22nd, 2024, 11:40 pm
learnin wrote:

Do you have actual evidence Tomlin struck the woman, if so please provide that proof. Were battery charges filed against Tomlin, was he tried and convicted for battery or were charges dropped? What were Title IX issues? Please be specific. Title IX is designed around equality in sports. Any inuendo around that is a cover up that there is no evidence to support the claims. I'd like to see proof, of pretty much anything. I'm just looking for facts here. No inuendo, just facts and lots of rumors.
I heard from a very good source probably before any one on this board knew. Later it began to surface here and other places so I assumed my source was correct. But, do we really need direct evidence of the punch? Does it matter if the charges were dropped? I trust a man, who has worked himself up through academia to become president of this University. I trust his decision over the protests of those who are pissed that they might have missed out on a NCAA bid. I, also, watched Tomlin get multiple technicals last season and wondered if he might have anger issues. Then, I saw him get two technicals right after he began to play for Memphis.

learnin

Post by learnin » March 23rd, 2024, 1:29 am

Let’s try this another way. KU has a player who is suspended for five games before the season begins. It is reported that it has something to do with Title IX.
Then, he is arrested in Lawrence for fighting at 2:30 in the morning. It’s rumored there was a woman involved. Later, KU fans are posting that it was all blown out of proportion and the charges are being dropped. Player is placed back on the team. Every last poster, here, would be crying that ole Self, the Lawrence police and officials worked their magic once again.

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » March 23rd, 2024, 6:24 am

Things became muddled when they said Tomlin was indefinitely suspended.
What in the world does this legalese mean.

Coach Tang said he was treating the situation like a season ending injury.
A player who is injured can stay on scholarship and attend school.

So in October this seems to be the plan. Let Tomlin stay in school on a scholarship so he can graduate, but he was not going to play basketball for K State ever again.

Since we all seem to be great soothsayers, I suspect that Coach Tang stepped in and promised to keep Tomlin out of horseshit while Tomlin finished school to fulfill a promise to Tomlin's mom. I think Tomlin promised his mom he would follow Tang’s edicts and graduate. When Tomlin posted Free me maybe it was from his burdensome riles he was living under.

I really believe that Coach Tang and staff made a life changing impact on Tomlin. Tomlin walked across the stage and got his college diploma. He left with something very valuable. So who in part was responsible for letting this happen?
Ultimately, President Litton.

But no, us greedy bastard fans only give a rats ass about our need to have a winning basketball team, and really don't care about the student athletes who entertain us. They are not paid NBA style meat that are thrown to the lions us fans, they are real people.

So stop this horseshit now. I said I need to rethink things. Coach Tang is not manipulative scum. That is the most ignorant statement ever made by a human since the creation of time. To bad mouth someone who put himself and his job on the line to help Tomlin to right his life is as low as it gets and shows how true hate and evil hides anonymously behind posting.

All of this could have been avoided if the wordsmiths would have been clear from the beginning. Simply they should have said Tomlin will not play basketball for K-State, but allowed to remain in school on scholarship so he can graduate. Tomlin will be on probation under the direction of Coach Tang and if Tomlin screws up, we will can him.