Tomlin

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
SCKSCat

Re: Tomlin

Post by SCKSCat » March 23rd, 2024, 1:04 pm

Why did Litton agree to divulge this information so this article would be published now, likely the most critical time of the year for a program.
I imagine that opposing coaches are using this all for ammunition to convince players in the portal or HS recruits not to come to K State.
So why do we the fans keep posting and shoveling ammunition to the enemy.
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post:
randallcat85

learnin

Post by learnin » March 23rd, 2024, 1:22 pm

SCKSCat wrote:
March 23rd, 2024, 6:24 am
Things became muddled when they said Tomlin was indefinitely suspended.
What in the world does this legalese mean.

Coach Tang said he was treating the situation like a season ending injury.
A player who is injured can stay on scholarship and attend school.

So in October this seems to be the plan. Let Tomlin stay in school on a scholarship so he can graduate, but he was not going to play basketball for K State ever again.

Since we all seem to be great soothsayers, I suspect that Coach Tang stepped in and promised to keep Tomlin out of horseshit while Tomlin finished school to fulfill a promise to Tomlin's mom. I think Tomlin promised his mom he would follow Tang’s edicts and graduate. When Tomlin posted Free me maybe it was from his burdensome riles he was living under.

I really believe that Coach Tang and staff made a life changing impact on Tomlin. Tomlin walked across the stage and got his college diploma. He left with something very valuable. So who in part was responsible for letting this happen?
Ultimately, President Litton.

But no, us greedy bastard fans only give a rats ass about our need to have a winning basketball team, and really don't care about the student athletes who entertain us. They are not paid NBA style meat that are thrown to the lions us fans, they are real people.

So stop this horseshit now. I said I need to rethink things. Coach Tang is not manipulative scum. That is the most ignorant statement ever made by a human since the creation of time. To bad mouth someone who put himself and his job on the line to help Tomlin to right his life is as low as it gets and shows how true hate and evil hides anonymously behind posting.

All of this could have been avoided if the wordsmiths would have been clear from the beginning. Simply they should have said Tomlin will not play basketball for K-State, but allowed to remain in school on scholarship so he can graduate. Tomlin will be on probation under the direction of Coach Tang and if Tomlin screws up, we will can him.
Yes, the wordsmiths should have been clear from the very beginning. So, let’s be clear.

1. Kansas State media, and fans, laid this Tomlin situation directly on the head of the university president who, at the time, was battling cancer. Many were calling for his resignation.

2. Never once did Tang tell K-Statedom to cease their criticism of Linton. This whole matter could have been put to bed quickly by a simple, clear statement by the coach. He could have corrected Fitzgerald and stopped the protests. If Tang did issue such a statement, please bring it to my attention for clarity sake,

3. Tang DID try to make a case for allowing Tomlin to stay on the team when the President, Tang and Taylor decided one more strike and he’s out.

4. After the bar brawl, Tang was asked if Tomlin was finished. He replied these things have to go through a process…..One clear statement would have ended this drama.

Quan is no longer with team. We’re going to work with him to insure he graduates.

We now know that Tang was waiting to see if the “process” could whittle away at Tomlin’s guilt in the matter. This is where Fitz got his ammo to smear Linton. “Tang is working to keep this young man on the team and Linton is interfering.

So, yes, let’s be clear. The president could have issued a clear statement after the brawl , but the man was battling cancer and left it to Tang and Taylor
These users thanked the author learnin for the post:
randallcat85

learnin

Post by learnin » March 23rd, 2024, 1:28 pm

Snyder wrote:
March 23rd, 2024, 11:19 am
Tbonespop wrote:
March 23rd, 2024, 10:57 am
It is really hard to exercise restraint to not personally attack a few posters on this board. This is me gritting my teeth and exercising that restraint.
Yes! This is a fun place with a lot of people that love K-State. Let’s not let TWO agenda driven folks bring us down!
So, you have no problem with the fact that Richard Linton’s good name was paraded through the streets of Manhattan, kicked to the curb and squashed ?

learnin

Post by learnin » March 23rd, 2024, 1:31 pm

SCKSCat wrote:
March 23rd, 2024, 1:04 pm
Why did Litton agree to divulge this information so this article would be published now, likely the most critical time of the year for a program.
I imagine that opposing coaches are using this all for ammunition to convince players in the portal or HS recruits not to come to K State.
So why do we the fans keep posting and shoveling ammunition to the enemy.

The press is free. The Manhattan Mercury provided you with their reasons for pursuing and publishing. Are you insinuating that Linton, and the Mercury are part of a plot to destroy the program?

learnin

Post by learnin » March 23rd, 2024, 1:33 pm

SCKSCat wrote:
March 23rd, 2024, 11:43 am
This is episode is over and I favor locking this thread. Let the horse die.
This is pertinent discussion. You think the Mercury should not have published the story and now you want this discussion terminated.

learnin

Post by learnin » March 23rd, 2024, 1:36 pm

82catfan2 wrote:
March 23rd, 2024, 11:46 am
pulitzerdavid wrote:
March 22nd, 2024, 9:58 pm

Read the article.
I read the article. Apparently the mysterious first incident was not serious enough to even warrant a suspension. Then a disorderly conduct charge, not an assault, no battery charge. Third incident- student protests at President's house, immediately kicked off team.

Michigan State has gone through six Presidents in six years. Penn and Harvard fired their presidents for supporting First Amendment rights on campus. So yeah, university presidents are a dime a dozen.

On the other hand, power forwards who can take their team to the promised land are rare.
I am not Coach Tang's number one fan, but Linton seems to me to be a liar.
The first incidents caused Tomlin to be suspended for five games.

pharaohcat

Post by pharaohcat » March 23rd, 2024, 1:36 pm

The horse has been dead for some time!!!!!We are no closer to knowing what killed it or who's fault it was, let the poor animal rest in peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flatlander

Post by flatlander » March 23rd, 2024, 3:33 pm

LOL!!
:popcorn:

ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#3 » March 23rd, 2024, 6:03 pm

Well, if the prez, the AD, and the head coach all leave because of the Tomlin Affair, suddenly all would we well and good with KSU?

Turmoil over tranquility.

What a load of B.S. !

Ksuminnesotacat

Post by Ksuminnesotacat » March 23rd, 2024, 6:23 pm

Pretty hard to read but I would guess no…..
These users thanked the author Ksuminnesotacat for the post:
randallcat85