Tomlin

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
katlander

Pick 'Em

Re: Tomlin

Post by katlander » March 22nd, 2024, 10:36 pm

Not sure I fully understand exactly what occurred but it appears, as I originally felt, that Linton should have stayed the heck out of it. It appears Gene Taylor and Tang have been disrespected.
These users thanked the author katlander for the post (total 2):
Tbonespopstlcatfan

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » March 22nd, 2024, 10:51 pm

ToledoCat#3 wrote:
March 22nd, 2024, 10:27 pm
Wanting KSU's prez fired over one fuzzy dust-up over one men's BB player tells me that athletics comes ahead of academics at KSU for some folks.

In no way should that be true. Academics is serious life-changing biz. BB is sports entertainment. No way are they equivalent.

I think it is more about staying in your lane.

Gene Taylor is a senior citizen with a long track record of making good decisions. This ultimately should have been his decision. He will likely stay due to his relationship with Coach Klieman.

However, Linton will struggle to move forward from this error of judgement.
Last edited by katlander on March 22nd, 2024, 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author katlander for the post:
stlcatfan

learnin

Post by learnin » March 22nd, 2024, 10:52 pm

SCKSCat wrote:
March 22nd, 2024, 9:31 am
I was not aware that Tomlin had a problem with a woman before the season as insinuated by the Mercury article.
Supposedly it was agreed that if Tomlin had 1 more foul up, he was gone. Litton was very clear this was his position.
Litton stuck by his guns. The article insinuates that Taylor and Tang thought they had convinced Litton to change his stance about Tomlin playing. Apparently they misread their President's stance.
Letting Tomlin sit on the bench was a bonehead move that triggered the whole fiasco.
That is what I am rethinking.
in the end Tang honored his boss as it is directed at do so is the Bible.
I doubt Tang will ever comment on this again.
I am going to do the same in my attitude towards Litton as he was consistent in his stance on Tomlin and others were not.
This is one of your best posts. I’m thanking you for having the fortitude to rethink your position. You read the article correctly and drew the proper conclusions. All three agreed that the summer issues were of such serious nature that one more incident would be grounds for dismissal. The Aggieville incident happened and President Linton, in the middle of cancer treatments, expected Taylor and Tang to carry out what they had agreed to earlier. Instead of doing this, they embarked upon a way to keep Tomlin in the program. As always happens, in sports criminal activity, victims are made to retract and, suddenly, things are not as bad as they first were reported. Tang issued confusing statements and allowed Tomlin to sit with the team during a game. This was a poor choice and sent a false message to the fans that there was hope. As a result, the President became the bad guy. Tmcats, to his credit, tried to tell everyone the President wasn’t the bad guy. The thing that really irks me is Tang allowed the President to take the heat for this without comment. He went to the protest and asked the students to leave while asking them to spread love. But he never issued a statement telling fans to stop their criticism. He was intent on keeping Tomlin and he loved the protests until it was clear the President was not going to allow the University to be put at risk. This doesn’t surprise me in the least. I’ve been waiting for the truth to come out. The very fact, Tomlin never came out to defend himself, tells us all we need to know. I know how this guy operates. Consider this. Instead of telling us that Tomlin is dismissed from the team, Tang issues a cryptic statement. He tells us it’s like a season ending injury. Since he didn’t say that Tomlin was no longer part of the program, there was still hope the injury would heal quickly. Lastly. I read all this nonsense about how Tang was going to bat for Tomlin only because he wanted to help a troubled young man. If you don’t think he had his own interests in mind, too, I have some beachfront property I’d like to sell you. Even at the end of the season, he wanted us all to know that he didn’t have his whole team……

learnin

Post by learnin » March 22nd, 2024, 11:07 pm

Ksuminnesotacat wrote:
March 22nd, 2024, 1:51 pm
Lots of smoke and supposition swirling around this sudden release of info non info. My mind wanders of the woke, dei, lgbtq friendly nature of this admin is incompatible with Coach Tangs leaning? If so I am out of supporting this institution….there will be two happy posters on here. Shows how much real support there is for this bs…. GOD I hope I am wrong….
The truth comes out and you know it doesn’t look good for Tang. So, you attack your alma mater rather than admit you may have been mistaken. You admit two posters will be happy. Why will they be happy? Because yesterday they told you some things that were difficult to swallow. Today, you now have to consider that they had a point.

learnin

Post by learnin » March 22nd, 2024, 11:09 pm

ToledoCat#3 wrote:
March 22nd, 2024, 11:18 am
Strange, this forum has for months leaned toward clarity and transparency in the Tomlin saga. Folks were roasted for not being fully transparent.

Now, Linton provides all the transparency he is legally able to give and he's getting roasted for it.

My only criticism was the timing of the story. Linton & the Merc could and should have waited until all basketball was done at KSU for the season.

Thank you….thank you….thank you.

learnin

Post by learnin » March 22nd, 2024, 11:13 pm

SCKSCat wrote:
March 22nd, 2024, 8:27 pm
stlcatfan wrote:
March 22nd, 2024, 8:15 pm

I still think there was a plan to eventually reinstate Tomlin until President Linton intervened. If he was dismissed then why was he sitting on the bench with the rest of the team during the games? And didn't Tomlin himself tweet out that he wanted to be free? I assume that meant he wanted to play again. Would he have tweeted that if he knew he was dismissed from the team? And why did Coach Tang say that Tomlin was serving an "indefinite suspension" and that there was a "process" in place (and Gene Taylor said he was monitoring that process)? Again, if Tomlin was dismissed, there is no suspension and there is no process -- he's gone. End of story.
So we get 2 stories. Litton claims he was not going to let Tomlin be reinstated. So why was Tang and Taylor assuming he could be reinstated. Hopefully it was because of miscommunication. Bottom line Litton is the big boss so he is right. My beef is we got our hopes up by a poor choice of letting Tomlin sit on the bench in Bramlage.
Stick to your guns. You are right on this.

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » March 22nd, 2024, 11:15 pm

From what I have gathered Tomlin was not the instigator in the October altercation. The allegation is that he should not have been arrested. If what occurred was not his fault, then a short suspension would have been appropriate. Maybe he should not have been suspended at all.

Hard to recruit and keep a team when a third party intervenes and overrules. This decision appears to have been unilateral, hasty, and extreme. Not only was Tomlin's departure a penalty to Tomlin, but also to Tang, the basketball program, Gene Taylor, the other players, and to the fans.

El Roberson had some issues while here. Some growing pains. The most infamous at the bowl game right after we won the B-12 title. Bill Snyder made the decision to sit El for a while but made the tough decision to let him play, largely for the welfare of those mentioned above. But the decision was not made by the AD or the President. No doubt they were on board, but this was a decision for the coach.

learnin

Post by learnin » March 22nd, 2024, 11:22 pm

katlander wrote:
March 22nd, 2024, 11:15 pm
From what I have gathered Tomlin was not the instigator in the October altercation. The allegation is that he should not have been arrested. If what occurred was not his fault, then a short suspension would have been appropriate. Maybe he should not have been suspended at all.

Hard to recruit and keep a team when a third party intervenes and overrules. This decision appears to have been unilateral, hasty, and extreme. Not only was Tomlin's departure a penalty to Tomlin, but also to Tang, the basketball program, Gene Taylor, the other players, and to the fans.

El Roberson had some issues while here. Some growing pains. The most infamous at the bowl game right after we won the B-12 title. Bill Snyder made the decision to sit El for a while but made the tough decision to let him play, largely for the welfare of those mentioned above. But the decision was not made by the AD or the President. No doubt they were on board, but this was a decision for the coach.

Two thirty in the morning in an altercation where a woman was struck. This after you’ve already been suspended for multiple Title IX issues. Does it really matter who instigated the melee?

Ksuminnesotacat

Post by Ksuminnesotacat » March 22nd, 2024, 11:29 pm

learnin wrote:
March 22nd, 2024, 11:07 pm
Ksuminnesotacat wrote:
March 22nd, 2024, 1:51 pm
Lots of smoke and supposition swirling around this sudden release of info non info. My mind wanders of the woke, dei, lgbtq friendly nature of this admin is incompatible with Coach Tangs leaning? If so I am out of supporting this institution….there will be two happy posters on here. Shows how much real support there is for this bs…. GOD I hope I am wrong….
The truth comes out and you know it doesn’t look good for Tang. So, you attack your alma mater rather than admit you may have been mistaken. You admit two posters will be happy. Why will they be happy? Because yesterday they told you some things that were difficult to swallow. Today, you now have to consider that they had a point.
Not really here try this it might help….
B634D252-A8E5-4270-A984-5E3BE6FDCE21.jpeg
B634D252-A8E5-4270-A984-5E3BE6FDCE21.jpeg (430.22 KiB) Viewed 70 times

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » March 22nd, 2024, 11:40 pm

learnin wrote:
March 22nd, 2024, 11:22 pm
katlander wrote:
March 22nd, 2024, 11:15 pm

Two thirty in the morning in an altercation where a woman was struck. This after you’ve already been suspended for multiple Title IX issues. Does it really matter who instigated the melee?
Do you have actual evidence Tomlin struck the woman, if so please provide that proof. Were battery charges filed against Tomlin, was he tried and convicted for battery or were charges dropped? What were Title IX issues? Please be specific. Title IX is designed around equality in sports. Any inuendo around that is a cover up that there is no evidence to support the claims. I'd like to see proof, of pretty much anything. I'm just looking for facts here. No inuendo, just facts and lots of rumors.
EMAW