2023-24 team

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
SCKSCat

Re: 2023-24 team

Post by SCKSCat » March 3rd, 2024, 4:55 pm

pharaohcat wrote:
March 3rd, 2024, 4:35 pm
Ish is not a very good player!!
He was a dude last year and Tang would have welcomed him back.
He can make a 3rd of his 3 point shots. Finister I doubt has made any.
So is he de-duded?

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » March 3rd, 2024, 5:02 pm

pharaohcat wrote:
March 3rd, 2024, 4:35 pm
Ish is not a very good player!!
He was a dude last year and Tang would have welcomed him back.
He can make a 3rd of his 3 point shots. Finister I doubt has made any.
So is he de-duded?

pharaohcat

Post by pharaohcat » March 3rd, 2024, 6:34 pm

A back up one trick pony that rarely played defense and couldn't rebound and that was the high point of his career!

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » March 3rd, 2024, 7:41 pm

pharaohcat wrote:
March 3rd, 2024, 6:34 pm
A back up one trick pony that rarely played defense and couldn't rebound and that was the high point of his career!
100% correct. I thank him for what he did while he was here but glad he’s not with us this year. He’s having a hard time finding minutes for a poor Georgetown team. He actually was getting some regular playing time but his numbers have been so poor this year they’ve really been limited lately. Over his last 8 games he’s scored 6 total points. He hit a 3 in two of them and the other 6 was held scoreless. He’s not someone who was going to help this team and would actually just hurt by taking up a scholarship and maybe a few minutes that others could play that still have years to improve.

Ish was an overrated 4 star. Had the size and an outside shot but never developed any other part of his game and most of that is on him. I just don’t think his has the work ethic and commitment it takes.

Ksuminnesotacat

Post by Ksuminnesotacat » March 3rd, 2024, 7:52 pm

Is it possible that one or two really good players make all the others around them better? Keonte- Marquise ?…..

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » March 3rd, 2024, 8:55 pm

bhoovy wrote:
March 3rd, 2024, 7:41 pm
pharaohcat wrote:
March 3rd, 2024, 6:34 pm
100% correct. I thank him for what he did while he was here but glad he’s not with us this year. He’s having a hard time finding minutes for a poor Georgetown team. He actually was getting some regular playing time but his numbers have been so poor this year they’ve really been limited lately. Over his last 8 games he’s scored 6 total points. He hit a 3 in two of them and the other 6 was held scoreless. He’s not someone who was going to help this team and would actually just hurt by taking up a scholarship and maybe a few minutes that others could play that still have years to improve.

Ish was an overrated 4 star. Had the size and an outside shot but never developed any other part of his game and most of that is on him. I just don’t think his has the work ethic and commitment it takes.
He married. Got fat, and his horny mind is on his bride not basketball. No wonder last year was better. :fistbump:

pharaohcat

Post by pharaohcat » March 3rd, 2024, 8:59 pm

YES!!!!!!!!

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 4th, 2024, 11:28 am

k-state somehow beats ku and isu, they should be in "the dance." lose either and it will take a run to the final at kc to punch their card. but they must win one of the two. that's how i see it. plenty to play for even with the odds being very low that these overtimers somehow pull it off. good reason to continue watching.

as for past players, selton's 15 points/game at usf would have been nice to have, along with nijel's 14. but it's tomlin who is missed most - 28 and 7 in yesterday's win over uab. dan dakich said this morning memphis played the most dominating half he's seen all year. as for ish, not so much. yet, think what this team would have been with those four?

These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
stlcatfan
Why is there something rather than nothing?

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » March 4th, 2024, 11:36 am

tmcats wrote:
March 4th, 2024, 11:28 am
k-state somehow beats ku and isu, they should be in "the dance." lose either and it will take a run to the final at kc to punch their card. but they must win one of the two. that's how i see it. plenty to play for even with the odds being very low that these overtimers somehow pull it off. good reason to continue watching.

as for past players, selton's 15 points/game at usf would have been nice to have, along with nijel's 14. but it's tomlin who is missed most - 28 and 7 in yesterday's win over uab. ish, not so much. but seriously, think what this team would have been with those four?

Agreed. I think there is little doubt that had we had Tomlin and Glover this season, our record would be much better. I think we would be talking about our seeding in the NCAA Tourney rather than our chances of even getting in at this point. I hope we can at least get Glover back for next season. He will provide us with an experienced point guard while Ames and Castillo grow into that role.
These users thanked the author stlcatfan for the post:
pharaohcat
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » March 4th, 2024, 11:40 am

tmcats wrote:
March 4th, 2024, 11:28 am

as for past players, selton's 15 points/game at usf would have been nice to have, along with nijel's 14. but it's tomlin who is missed most - 28 and 7 in yesterday's win over uab. ish, not so much. but seriously, think what this team would have been with those four?

I see Memphis might not get into the Tournament due to lack of number of Quad 1 and 2 wins. I would like to see Tomlin be able to show his talents on the big stage. If Memphis wins their conference Tournament, it might impact an available spot for KSU.
I think K State has a 40% chance to win at KU. K State is not a good match for KU especially if we shoot and make 3s at 35% or greater. We have to keep TOs down and pass the ball instead of dribble which we seem to be poor at. Get their starting lineup in foul. There always seems to be some KU player go nuts with scoring, likely Furphy