2023-24 team

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
bhoovy

Pick 'Em

2023-24 team

Post by bhoovy » September 15th, 2023, 11:15 am

I like the looks of this team. Very solid depth. Great potential. Does anyone get a redshirt? This group could almost do the hockey line substitutions.

The positions could be different but just to take a look at it.

Tylor Perry
Ques Glover
Dai Dai Ames

Cam Carter
R.J. Jones
Dorrian Finister

Arthur Kaluma
Macalaeb Rich

Nae’Qwan Tomlin
Taj Manning

David N’Guessan
Jerrell Colbert
Will McNair
These users thanked the author bhoovy for the post (total 2):
stlcatfankatlander

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » September 15th, 2023, 2:18 pm

I think this is a very fair depth chart projection by positions, but I sense Coach Tang and staff truly want to play positionless basketball and have a variety of players who can be used to match the opposition or to change up our in game approach. We have guys who can be instant scores and lock down defenders. I would image Tomlin, Kaluma and Perry will be nucleus. Cam Carter will get good minutes.
I am hoping having good quality depth will allow us to play more guys and prevent tired legs come the middle of conference play. Also, quality depth gives some protection from injuries and foul trouble. I bet the addition of McNair will pay dividends during the season, and provide a good practice piece.

Gorhoops

Post by Gorhoops » September 15th, 2023, 2:43 pm

I went back and watched about the first 15 minutes of the New Mexico State win over UCONN in the 1st round of the 2022 NCAA tourney. McNair started and played quite a bit but he is truly just a defender and a space eater. In those 15 minutes I didn't see him alter any shots although it did seem like UCONN had more success getting to the rim when he was not on the floor. He was basically battling Sanogo the entire time. Sanogo beat him on a baseline dropstep for a reverse layup but it seemed NMSU had confidence in him because they didn't double team, they left him 1 on 1. He only got 2 touches the entire time I watched, one he kicked back out and the other he shot a little 8 foot turnaround hook that he missed off the back iron.

From what I watched this is definitely a depth piece. Big body, space eater, can defend the low post, grab a few boards, but not much on the offensive end other than as a screener.

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » September 15th, 2023, 4:01 pm

One of the reports of McNair choosing KSU said how he even went with Providence on their Spain trip a few weeks ago and the encouraging reports from that was he averaged just under 10ppg and and also averaged 8rpg. I don’t look for him to do that but nice seeing he has that kind of potential on any given night.

I think there will definitely be games that he’s a factor in the W.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » September 15th, 2023, 4:11 pm

feels like a roster filler to me, a practice guy who won't see much floor time in tang's up-tempo offense.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
randallcat85
Why is there something rather than nothing?

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » September 17th, 2023, 7:26 am

I think this staff can help Arthur Kaluma raised his game to another level like Keyontae Johnson good.
Will Nae'Qwan blossom? I think so.
My prediction is that we beat UCS and every pundit that is poo pooing us will be singing how they just knew that we would be so good. Chicken manure is chicken manure even if you plant flowers in it. Same goes for stupid pundits

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » September 18th, 2023, 12:59 pm

I think he's on the roster for one purpose. When we play a team with a dominating big. Ahem.... KU. Gotta have bodies to throw at him.
These users thanked the author wild@nite for the post (total 2):
PurpleOnWhitestlcatfan

wazucat

Post by wazucat » September 18th, 2023, 1:27 pm

Pretty good addition for this late in the game. Coach Tang continues to deliver the goods.
These users thanked the author wazucat for the post:
stlcatfan

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » September 20th, 2023, 9:43 am

The team is in the middle of Shark Week.
The annual Jerome Tang physical fitness funfest.
Not sure why it is called this, but cooler than boot camp or hell week.
I saw twitters with pictures of players wearing shark week t shirts.
Practice officially starts Monday, September 25. All players are getting their butts bit this week including McNair.
:fistbump: :clap:
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post:
randallcat85

KSUbetcha

Post by KSUbetcha » September 20th, 2023, 9:58 am

SCKSCat wrote:
September 17th, 2023, 7:26 am
I think this staff can help Arthur Kaluma raised his game to another level like Keyontae Johnson good.
Will Nae'Qwan blossom? I think so.
My prediction is that we beat UCS and every pundit that is poo pooing us will be singing how they just knew that we would be so good. Chicken manure is chicken manure even if you plant flowers in it. Same goes for stupid pundits
You mean USC (the Trojans of Southern Cal) correct?
These users thanked the author KSUbetcha for the post:
randallcat85