Kentucky

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
tmcats

Pick 'Em

Re: Kentucky

Post by tmcats » March 20th, 2023, 10:17 am

k-state is unbeaten with ten or fewer turnovers. that's just the storyline for this team. they are hard to beat, maybe unbeatable, if they don't give it away.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
AlabamaLane
"What is your fair share of what someone else has worked for?" Sowell

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » March 20th, 2023, 10:21 am

Capillaries said he expects all of his seniors to be gone next year even if they have eligibility left.
I sense that Cal is coaching for the paycheck.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 20th, 2023, 10:22 am

he ends by calling markquis a 'little kid.' what an azzhat.

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » March 20th, 2023, 10:27 am

tmcats wrote:
March 20th, 2023, 10:22 am
I doubt he knows the names of his own players. If you are arrogant and pompous, you cannot be bothered by trivial stuff like other people or the peons that come into your world. Tang didn't do this.

John Calipari is the highest-paid college basketball coach for the 2022-23 season. The Kentucky head coach most recently signed a new deal – 10 years and $86 million in 2019 – has a total salary of $8.5 million. He doesn't have to give a turd about anything or anybody. Don't do anything to force a release for cause, and John has a good gig.

learnin

Post by learnin » March 20th, 2023, 10:36 am

SCKSCat wrote:
March 20th, 2023, 7:48 am
bhoovy wrote:
March 19th, 2023, 10:05 pm

Let me explain something to you. It’s not to have a defeatist attitude 5 minutes into the game and make ridiculous comments like “it’s over” “ballgame” “we’re done”. If a rival fan came on this board and did that 5 minutes in you better believe I’d make sure they knew how ridiculously silly that comment was when we won. I would think a true fan would not go to that extreme and extent at that point in a game. I was that guy the year Pullen and Clemente were preseason #2 but struggled to start the Big12 season. So I made those same type of comments as games would get started and didn’t go exactly how I wanted or thought they should. I was called out by several other posters. They were right. My post were ridiculous and didn’t really show the character of a true fan. So I decided I wasn’t going to do that anymore.

Make a comment about a bone head play, a bad shot, a terrible foul, a lazy pass or whatever, I get it. That’s part of a game thread. Having a defeatist mentality and making ridiculous comments that the game is over before it’s barley started really aren’t. I mean, actually you obviously can make those type of post, but don’t get all bent out of shape when someone calls you out later when the game actually isn’t over and the team we’re cheering for wins.

But it’s obviously your choice.
I respectfully disagree. Some very passionate and excitable fans swing from despair to unfathomable exuberance during a game. My sisters and daughter come to mind. I suffer a fatalistic attitude sometimes too. I sat through 2 seasons of going to football games in the 70s, and watch us get stomped and when a ray of hope arose, the other team would snuff it out. Even now I suffer from Weberization which is the thought... here we.go again and I guess we aren't meant to win. Tang has had to fight this in a fan base. I am about 95% cleansed. Soon I will go from assuming that we will win to expect we will win. I think that we get to the final 4.
This is a very good post, with great points, but I would caution on the part where you say you’ll go from assuming to expecting to win. It will take a number of years of great success to become like a KU fan. We have a special point guard this year who single-handedly refused to lose. He accounted for about 40 of our points yesterday. Most of his points came with him creating his own. During the magical stretch , to begin conference play, Quis was accounting for about 50 points. I’ve said for years that you can only advance in a tournament if you have a guard that is a creating machine. That guard gets you to the tournament and helps you to advance. Yesterday , with our second best player struggling, Quis wouldn’t let them die. Don’t get me wrong. All of our players fought their arsses off on defense, rebounding , etc. One guy does not win a game, but you don’t advance without a take over guy. It’s damned hard to become perennially successful to a point where one expects to win.
Last edited by learnin on March 20th, 2023, 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#3 » March 20th, 2023, 10:36 am

Those who might criticize my having fun at KU friends' expense, haven't endured the years of their lording it over me. It's all in good fun.

Until he died, one of my best friends (a KU diehard) and I had a deal in football and basketball. If KSU won, he had to wear something with a KSU logo and get picture taken. The reverse was true. And, since there were more BB games played than FB, I wore the J-Hawk logo more than I wanted.

That said, I'd gladly wear J-Hawk again if my friend were still here. ;)
These users thanked the author ToledoCat#3 for the post:
Section 12-2

bigpurpleman

Post by bigpurpleman » March 20th, 2023, 10:36 am

SCKSCat wrote:
March 20th, 2023, 10:27 am
tmcats wrote:
I doubt he knows the names of his own players. If you are arrogant and pompous, you cannot be bothered by trivial stuff like other people or the peons that come into your world. Tang didn't do this.

John Calipari is the highest-paid college basketball coach for the 2022-23 season. The Kentucky head coach most recently signed a new deal – 10 years and $86 million in 2019 – has a total salary of $8.5 million. He doesn't have to give a turd about anything or anybody. Don't do anything to force a release for cause, and John has a good gig.
Like I said earlier after seeing his PC, he is a miserable POS.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 20th, 2023, 10:39 am

yep, the little kid went 27 and 9 against his five stars. :rofl:
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post (total 2):
learninSection 12-2

learnin

Post by learnin » March 20th, 2023, 10:40 am

tmcats wrote:
That statement tells us that he resented what Marquis did to him.
These users thanked the author learnin for the post:
tmcats

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » March 20th, 2023, 10:42 am

tmcats wrote:
March 20th, 2023, 10:39 am
yep, the little kid went 27 and 9 against his five stars. :rofl:
'...heart over height...'?

don't have time to read through all these posts... but MY HIGHLIGHT of the tournament so far? Quis shot in the corner, over the UK BIG.... for three!...'

funny how they didn't show this on any of the highlights I saw... big moment for 'the little kid'...
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest