COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
PurplePride98

Re: Tangs early first team/ starters and grades

Post by PurplePride98 » May 24th, 2022, 9:55 pm

pulitzerdavid wrote:
May 24th, 2022, 9:03 pm
Gorhoops wrote:
May 24th, 2022, 11:05 am

A C- is not fair to give to Lewis if he is giving Colbert an F and saying that is the only grade he can give Colbert. If Colbert is an F, then Lewis has to be an F as well.
Colbert played last season. Lewis didn't. I based the Lewis grade on the year before where he clearly outplayed Colbert. Lewis played in 18 games compared to just a few for Colbert? Lewis also shot a high percentage from the field. I can't give a grade for a season not played.
Lewis averaged 5 minutes, 2 points and 1 rebound. 65% shooting on dunks most likely. Don’t think that proves he clearly outplayed Colbert. I believe there is bias in this analysis.
These users thanked the author PurplePride98 for the post:
spoofrice11

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » May 25th, 2022, 8:00 am

PurplePride98 wrote:
May 24th, 2022, 9:55 pm
pulitzerdavid wrote:

Colbert played last season. Lewis didn't. I based the Lewis grade on the year before where he clearly outplayed Colbert. Lewis played in 18 games compared to just a few for Colbert? Lewis also shot a high percentage from the field. I can't give a grade for a season not played.
Lewis averaged 5 minutes, 2 points and 1 rebound. 65% shooting on dunks most likely. Don’t think that proves he clearly outplayed Colbert. I believe there is bias in this analysis.
What? There is no bias from this poster. They totally have been completely even and unbiased on all things Tang since he was hired. And of course, their expert analysis, from years and years of college basketball recruiting and player analysis makes his evaluations so accurate. We should all appreciate that they started another thread to give a great view on the roster which isn't complete, because we totally haven't already heard about their views on the roster so far :rofl:

Or, it's much easier to put them on ignore.
These users thanked the author AJcat7755 for the post (total 2):
kstuevespoofrice11

Gorhoops

Post by Gorhoops » May 25th, 2022, 8:43 am

pulitzerdavid wrote:
Gorhoops wrote:
May 24th, 2022, 11:05 am

A C- is not fair to give to Lewis if he is giving Colbert an F and saying that is the only grade he can give Colbert. If Colbert is an F, then Lewis has to be an F as well.

Seems like pretty biased grading. Colbert had an achilles injury but is still given an F, whereas Lewis is hurt so he gets a C-?? I'm sorry, but that all seems pretty biased to me. I don't remember being all that enamored with Lewis two years ago other than that he had a lot of energy, but I never saw anything that made me think he might have been a break out player this year?? Maybe, maybe not.

Fact is, Colbert and Lewis are both players that have never done anything at the college level as far as meaningful minutes in important games, so to give one guy a C- and the other an F is purely biased.
These users thanked the author Gorhoops for the post:
spoofrice11

pulitzerdavid

Post by pulitzerdavid » May 25th, 2022, 8:53 am

pharaohcat wrote:
May 24th, 2022, 9:13 pm
Lets see there was a Martin cult, but no Weber cult and now we have a Tang cult. Looks like an agenda here.
Apparently, you don't know what a cult is. Look it up. Weber received criticism at times from me, and others. But this Tang fealty has gone to another level. For a guy who has never coached a game, he sure has been given a long, long leash. But I get it. The origin of cults usually starts from the mindset of hatred for something that preceded it. A different path. One that is unquestioned. Because the cult wants desperately to be led to something glorious. Logic and criticism has no place in a cult. But in the end, cults fail because they are led by humans.

cult: a group that devotes itself to or venerates a person, ideal, fad, etc.
"What other people think is none of my business" - Scotty Scheffler, Masters Champion. Great advice Scotty.

pulitzerdavid

Post by pulitzerdavid » May 25th, 2022, 9:05 am

Gorhoops wrote:
May 25th, 2022, 8:43 am
pulitzerdavid wrote:

Seems like pretty biased grading. Colbert had an achilles injury but is still given an F, whereas Lewis is hurt so he gets a C-?? I'm sorry, but that all seems pretty biased to me. I don't remember being all that enamored with Lewis two years ago other than that he had a lot of energy, but I never saw anything that made me think he might have been a break out player this year?? Maybe, maybe not.

Fact is, Colbert and Lewis are both players that have never done anything at the college level as far as meaningful minutes in important games, so to give one guy a C- and the other an F is purely biased.
You have your opinion, I have mine. And to make an issue out of two players and two grade misses the point. This recruiting class, which Tang has put together to this point, will not stand up to a Big 12 schedule. That's not just my opinion, but one I have seen from others.

You don't like my grades for Lewis and Colbert ... duly noted. That's a minor point of disagreement.
Take the focus off of Lewis, and look at the big picture.

ALL of these recruits have a chance to rise to another level ... in time. I have noted that. But as it stands today, unless we get a few impact players, this is going to be a long, long season. There is nothing biased about that opinion.
"What other people think is none of my business" - Scotty Scheffler, Masters Champion. Great advice Scotty.

bigdeal

Post by bigdeal » May 25th, 2022, 9:10 am

Tang has been given a long, long leash? He was just hired two months ago and hasn't even finished his first recruiting class and you are slamming him constantly. A long, long leash is taking a team that had consistently finished in the top half of the conference, made the NCAA every year, and you are left with the talent to win the league, and then being given ten years and twice the opportunity to completely reset the team while producing a below .500 league record, depleted crowds and the worst three year run in program history so you could leave the program as a bottom of the conference team with limited talent. That is a long, long leash.
These users thanked the author bigdeal for the post (total 2):
spoofrice11ksudenny

spoofrice11

Post by spoofrice11 » May 25th, 2022, 9:54 am

The ridiculousness a few Trolls on here makes, it hard to read much here.
I can throw out bogus biased ratings too...

N Pack - A+ (Got $800,000, so would of left no matter what)
Nowell - B+ (Tang got him back)
Rest of Team - All Fs (So we upgraded looking at the grades given)

Your welcome for making a similar ridiculous post.
These users thanked the author spoofrice11 for the post (total 2):
tmcatsksudenny

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » May 25th, 2022, 10:07 am

spoofrice11 wrote:
May 25th, 2022, 9:54 am
The ridiculousness a few Trolls on here makes, it hard to read much here.
I can throw out bogus biased ratings too...

N Pack - A+ (Got $800,000, so would of left no matter what)
Nowell - B+ (Tang got him back)
Rest of Team - All Fs (So we upgraded looking at the grades given)

Your welcome for making a similar ridiculous post.
this made me chuckle because to my eye it's about right. k-state had three returning b12 level players, two stayed, while the rest left including nijel pack for a paltry $800,000 plus a porsche. can you imagine leaving mhk for a second marriage with such a small dowry? :mrgreen:

Why is there something rather than nothing?

wazucat

Post by wazucat » May 25th, 2022, 10:24 am

I guess I'm a cult member because I desperately desire a basketball team that can finish in the top half of the conference every year. :lol:

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » May 25th, 2022, 10:34 am

bigdeal wrote:
May 25th, 2022, 9:10 am
Tang has been given a long, long leash? He was just hired two months ago and hasn't even finished his first recruiting class and you are slamming him constantly. A long, long leash is taking a team that had consistently finished in the top half of the conference, made the NCAA every year, and you are left with the talent to win the league, and then being given ten years and twice the opportunity to completely reset the team while producing a below .500 league record, depleted crowds and the worst three year run in program history so you could leave the program as a bottom of the conference team with limited talent. That is a long, long leash.
Troll logic:

You are part of a cult if you support Tang before he has finished his roster and coached his first game, but if you supported Weber before he finished his roster and coached his first game, you are a great fan.

You are part of a cult if you hated on Weber before he has finished his roster and coached his first game, but if you hate on Tang before he finished his roster and coached his first game, that's just being cautious and totally acceptable.

If you wanted Martin to be fired, you are part of a cult. If you wanted Weber to be fired, you are part of a cult. But if you wanted Wooldrige fired, that's because you wanted better things for the program

You see how the troll hypocrisy works depending on how it will support their troll narrative?

Why anyone is even taking a known troll's "opinion" on the roster as anything but them creating another thread to bash the current team and staff? And notice the first response is from fellow buddy troll. What professional credibility does this troll have for making these grades that anyone should care more then any other random poster?

Not to mention, it's not even June yet. The FB team hasn't even completed it's roster for the fall, and basketball starts after that. It's very telling for anyone to pass judgement, good or bad, on a team that hasn't even finished it's roster or played a single game.