How Many Scholarships/Transfers can KSU Have?

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
ChemicalKat

Re: How Many Scholarships/Transfers can KSU Have?

Post by ChemicalKat » March 31st, 2022, 6:02 pm

82catfan2 wrote:
March 31st, 2022, 3:54 pm
KsJoey wrote:
March 31st, 2022, 11:37 am
From the beginning of this overhaul... the 2 guys you really wanted to keep was Nowell and Pack. They're both difference makers and you need a lot of them if you want to be in the top 1/2 of the conference. Beyond those 2, I think the staff could find replacements through the portal that would match or exceed their production. This team needed a talent overhaul and it seems to be in the process of getting one.
So much for the "I am not here to rebuild, but to elevate" BS. This is what disaster looks like. Pack doesn't want to play for this ass. Hope the buyout is not too much.
Wow bro is this sarcasm or the shortest leash of all time?

PNW Cat

Post by PNW Cat » March 31st, 2022, 7:41 pm

82catfan2 wrote:
KsJoey wrote:
March 31st, 2022, 11:37 am
From the beginning of this overhaul... the 2 guys you really wanted to keep was Nowell and Pack. They're both difference makers and you need a lot of them if you want to be in the top 1/2 of the conference. Beyond those 2, I think the staff could find replacements through the portal that would match or exceed their production. This team needed a talent overhaul and it seems to be in the process of getting one.
So much for the "I am not here to rebuild, but to elevate" BS. This is what disaster looks like. Pack doesn't want to play for this ass. Hope the buyout is not too much.
This is the nature of college basketball. Losing Pack hurts, but the other players would likely not start on any other decent P6 program. Let's not get overly dramatic about something that isn't in our (not Tang's) control. If you think it's BS that he has the ability to elevate this program, that's fine, but at the same time you haven't even given him a chance to show you what he can do yet.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 1st, 2022, 10:25 am

i concur. the reality for me during many games this year was that smith, pack, and markquis were the only b12 quality players on the roster.

bradford had regressed so far due to injuries and illness that he became a non-factor, most times a negative. selton couldn't throw it in the ocean standing at the end of the pier. mike was a solid bench performer, at times, but he was the only dependable sub.

so, a complete roster turnover was in order for coach tang. it's a shame he couldn't retain nijel. but none of us should be surprised nor upset with that given pack's home state and close ties with coach weber. his leaving was predictable and a cost associated with the coaching change. in my view, the change was worth the cost which will be proven over time, hopefully. :?
Why is there something rather than nothing?

RichardZ

Pick 'Em

Post by RichardZ » April 1st, 2022, 10:41 am

tmcats, having reviewed the past season in my mind it just amazes me that if we had the center position filled with someone
who could have averaged 10 points and 10 rebounds a game. He didnt need to be Wilt Chamberlain, but a solid center would
have completely changed the result.
These users thanked the author RichardZ for the post:
Section 12-2
"At the core of Liberalism is the spoiled child... miserable, as all spoiled children are. Unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats"...P. J. O'Rourke

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 1st, 2022, 10:47 am

RichardZ wrote:
April 1st, 2022, 10:41 am
tmcats, having reviewed the past season in my mind it just amazes me that if we had the center position filled with someone
who could have averaged 10 points and 10 rebounds a game. He didnt need to be Wilt Chamberlain, but a solid center would
have completely changed the result.
dandy don used to say to howard: if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry christmas. that applies here.

bradford, perhaps through no fault of his own, i'd like to think that but don't, anyway he regressed monumentally. coach didn't have anyone to step in. thus, the season was a bust because there was nothing at the five spot, and for much of the year the four either.

but i agree richardz, had bradford's play been what we had expected coming into the year, the team would have made the dance, nijel would still be on the roster, and coach weber on the bench.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » April 1st, 2022, 10:59 am

ChemicalKat wrote:
March 31st, 2022, 6:02 pm
82catfan2 wrote:

Wow bro is this sarcasm or the shortest leash of all time?
LOL... The sky is falling. :rofl: :rofl:

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » April 1st, 2022, 11:13 am

Seryee Lewis just entered the portal

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » April 1st, 2022, 11:43 am

KsJoey wrote:
April 1st, 2022, 11:13 am
Well now the current list is:

Bradford
Edwards
Ezeagu
Landers
Massoud
Nowell

Hope we start seeing some of those “dudes” from the portal soon.

PNW Cat

Post by PNW Cat » April 1st, 2022, 12:54 pm

Ulric Maligi on all the players transferring out, per Kellis Robinett's twitter account:

"Our program will never be about just one player... Ultimately we will have some success with guys that really want to be here for the right reasons."

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » April 1st, 2022, 1:17 pm

bhoovy wrote:
April 1st, 2022, 11:43 am
KsJoey wrote:
April 1st, 2022, 11:13 am
Well now the current list is:

Bradford
Edwards
Ezeagu
Landers
Massoud
Nowell

Hope we start seeing some of those “dudes” from the portal soon.
I would be very surprised if there aren't more to transfer out. And I would expect some new Dudes committing pretty soon as well.