b12 on xm radio

The defending Big XII Champions
KITNooga

b12 on xm radio

Post by KITNooga » May 26th, 2020, 10:48 pm

anyone here listen to KSU games on xm radio? good? bad? not worth it?
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » May 26th, 2020, 11:01 pm

It’s good when they are on. Clearer than trying to tune into whatever the station is that normally calls the game for their respective team, like say 1350 kman and can receive it anywhere. So it’s Wyatt and Stan if KSU is home or whoever the team is for the other school if they are home. Sometimes they have a station for both calls. They also generally have the pregame. It’s one of my reasons for keeping XM.

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » May 27th, 2020, 7:56 am

bhoovy wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 11:01 pm
It’s good when they are on. Clearer than trying to tune into whatever the station is that normally calls the game for their respective team, like say 1350 kman and can receive it anywhere. So it’s Wyatt and Stan if KSU is home or whoever the team is for the other school if they are home. Sometimes they have a station for both calls. They also generally have the pregame. It’s one of my reasons for keeping XM.
B: 'when they're on'. so, what percentage of games do get carried then? new vehicle. gratis XM 'for now'. trying to figure out if I want to extend or not. access to KSU football, MBB games is a major decision point.
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » May 27th, 2020, 10:21 am

xm is a great value for me because we travel a lot and don't have to deal with constantly changing channels. there's a b12 network that carries nothing but b12 talk and games 24/7. since we attend all the home games, football and hoops, and watch the rest on tv, i haven't a clue about how many are actually carried on xm. but satellite radio is an easy buy for me. wouldn't think of not having it in the Q. news, weather, sports, talk, and music of my choice and always clear channel.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » May 27th, 2020, 12:54 pm

KITN, I’m actually not sure how many games weren’t aired on XM. They might all have been. I’m like TM, as when the Cats play I’m watching it in some manner. There’s just been a couple instances where I didn’t get in front of a tv for the start and was listening on XM.
All the P5 conferences have two channels dedicated to them. With the way the B12 schedules most the time there’s not more than two games playing at the same time slot. But for whatever reason I have ran across where they gave one game both channels with each teams crew being aired.

I think even the spring scrimmage was aired on one of the channels two years ago.

Like TM said, it’s really nice though to have one clear station to listen to regardless of where you’re traveling to and not losing a signal and trying to find another.

And get in on one of their promos and then at the end of it call to cancel and they’ll offer you the same promo price again. I’ve been doing it for about 4 years.

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » May 27th, 2020, 9:30 pm

thanks guys. first couple years here in southern TN, FOX sports FSN carried every Cats game. guess it was part of the SEC affiliation.

then ESPN picked up the rights and 'as we all know' put most/a lot of the cat games on the PAY portion of their offerings.

I have a personal character flaw that does not allow me to give more money to ESPN than they already extort through the cable company.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » May 27th, 2020, 9:50 pm

XM is fine but I've went to the Tune-in app. As long as you have cell service you're good and almost all the time you can get Stan and Wyatt as you listen to each school's broadcast not a B12 network.