Spring Practice?

The defending Big XII Champions
prplkat

Spring Practice?

Post by prplkat » March 13th, 2020, 10:42 pm

Apologies if this has been discussed, but I didn't see it anywhere. I assume spring practice is at least postponed, since all the students have been/are being sent home, but has it been called off entirely?

All teams are in the same boat, but it's certainly unfortunate with a new DC and a new LB coach trying to get started.

You have to feel for the guys who gave up their last HS semester to enroll early so they could participate in spring ball, if in fact it is going to be cancelled all together.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » March 14th, 2020, 7:29 am

Here is a story from gopowercat.com about spring practices and other related issues. Yeah, I do feel for the kids, the coaches, etc. Hopefully, the worst of this blows over in relatively short order and we can get back to a sense of normalcy.

https://247sports.com/college/kansas-st ... 144946387/
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » March 14th, 2020, 8:25 am

Feel bad for them? Poor guys.... Pffft. ... C'mon.
I love sports, but this may be a much needed reminder of how out of whack we are as a society. I don't feel bad for them at all. They're probably, for the first time in years, getting a complete hiatus way from sports and nobody is "out working" them because everybody is on break. I bet many of them feel "relieved".

I'm betting it's us adults having the hardest time with this, not the athletes.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 14th, 2020, 11:47 am

sports are a diversion from everyday life. they serve a good purpose in that way. i see progressives, liberals, moderates, right-wingers, gays, straights, catholics, jews, whites, blacks, married, teens, children, and so on all cheering k-s-u in unison at the bill and bramlage. beyond church it's the only social platform we all come to share equally.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

prplkat

Post by prplkat » March 14th, 2020, 1:43 pm

stlcatfan wrote:
March 14th, 2020, 7:29 am
Here is a story from gopowercat.com about spring practices and other related issues. Yeah, I do feel for the kids, the coaches, etc. Hopefully, the worst of this blows over in relatively short order and we can get back to a sense of normalcy.

https://247sports.com/college/kansas-st ... 144946387/
Thank you stlcatfan. Looks like it's just postponed for now, but I'm betting by the time we get to the end of March it will be cancelled.

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » March 14th, 2020, 2:56 pm

Is there any concerns that football season won't happen? Soon, ticket and Ahearn payments will be due soon. Have to wonder if people will be cutting back on renewals out of concern.

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » March 14th, 2020, 3:12 pm

The ripple effect economically because of whats taking place now is going to far out weigh anything anyone imagines from a health perspective. That doesn't mean we shouldn't be taking sensible health precautions now, I'm just saying the current health issue will be tiny in comparison to the coming GLOBAL financial and economic impacts. SMH....
EMAW

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » March 14th, 2020, 5:27 pm

Tbonespop wrote:
March 14th, 2020, 3:12 pm
The ripple effect economically because of whats taking place now is going to far out weigh anything anyone imagines from a health perspective. That doesn't mean we shouldn't be taking sensible health precautions now, I'm just saying the current health issue will be tiny in comparison to the coming GLOBAL financial and economic impacts. SMH....
I don't think the economic impact is going to be as bad as people think. Sure, it's going to have a negative impact, but we were doing pretty good otherwise and will come through this ok, imo.

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » March 14th, 2020, 10:55 pm

wild@nite wrote:
March 14th, 2020, 5:27 pm
Tbonespop wrote:
March 14th, 2020, 3:12 pm
I don't think the economic impact is going to be as bad as people think. Sure, it's going to have a negative impact, but we were doing pretty good otherwise and will come through this ok, imo.
I hope you are correct. I worry not just about the US, but when you shut down multiple economies (and some of the largest ones), it has a ripple effect. Hope this all blows over in a few weeks, then tapers off over a few months as the warmer weather comes on.
EMAW

ToledoCat#2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#2 » March 15th, 2020, 9:32 am

I hope the U.S learns a lesson from all this -- that we're better off making our own 'stuff' rather than outsourcing.