tmcats

Pick 'Em

Re: It's Gene

Post by tmcats » October 18th, 2019, 11:01 am

Number8son wrote:
October 16th, 2019, 7:44 pm
tmcats wrote:
October 16th, 2019, 10:53 am
following some of you guys would be a sure path to the wac. exactly the same small goal, pre-wefald thinking that had k-state headed that direction in the 80's.
Enjoy your tailgating next to what should be a high wall, high security confidential building which blocks the stadium view. Bad ideas don't elevate KSU...they decrease opportunity as well as decrease revenue.
most fans have been clamoring to fix the east side. you must find it enduring. :roll:

the practice facility would effectively cover up the erector set view from the street. personally, i see that as one of the fan benefits.

"What is your fair share of what someone else has worked for?" Sowell

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » October 18th, 2019, 2:35 pm

"Fan benefit" to take tailgating space to build a building to cover up our stadium. Interesting take. Don't get it at all, but interesting.

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » October 18th, 2019, 2:45 pm

wild@nite wrote:
October 18th, 2019, 2:35 pm
"Fan benefit" to take tailgating space to build a building to cover up our stadium. Interesting take. Don't get it at all, but interesting.
Sorry TMan, I completely agree with Wildman not this one. I think the idea of taking away that half of the tailgate area is nuts. Tailgating is the experience for many (maybe most). The game is secondary.

One other thing to mention, we have space for parking and tailgating because the stadium is so far north of campus. Other schools that don’t have the parking lots like we do often have stadiums closer to campus and much of the tailgating takes place on campus (I prefer that actually but everyone has their preference). Take away the parking lot and we are left with nothing. And if there is no tailgating there will be no fans since the game is secondary. Shoot, I’ll stay home, tailgate on my deck, and watch it on the big screen.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » October 18th, 2019, 3:09 pm

it's not taking away 'half the tailgating area.' at most it's ~400 spots that will be provided elsewhere. change is hard for people to accept. it's part of humankind.
"What is your fair share of what someone else has worked for?" Sowell

ToledoCat#2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#2 » October 18th, 2019, 3:30 pm

Build away to their heart's content. I'll limp around a stately limestone practice facility.

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » October 18th, 2019, 3:40 pm

Opensource

Post by Opensource » October 18th, 2019, 7:34 pm

wild@nite wrote:
October 18th, 2019, 3:21 am
LOL... Being realistic would tell you that were not going to ever be able to out do most of these programs in your link $ wise and several are sinking programs, so your point is what?

I'm hanging my hat on the unique place we have. That link was most likely written by someone who is urban and hasn't experienced many game day atmospheres. You buying it tells me you haven't "been around" too much. Betting it's an article based on pics and $ spent. Florida State? LOL... Great example...

Oh, by the way, I didn't see Boise on there and they are a better program than 1/2 of that list and have been for awhile.
80 percent of the U.S. population is Urban. We are recruiting from urban areas. If we want to stay in the Power 5 we need to compete with urban areas. I value Manhattan and rural areas. It wouldn't be a bad thing to be North Dakota State. It would still be fun. Might be where we are at in 10 years if we can't compete. We need a practice facility and a field to recruit urban athletes.

Number8son

Pick 'Em

Post by Number8son » October 19th, 2019, 10:26 am

tmcats wrote:
October 18th, 2019, 11:01 am
Number8son wrote:
October 16th, 2019, 7:44 pm

Enjoy your tailgating next to what should be a high wall, high security confidential building which blocks the stadium view. Bad ideas don't elevate KSU...they decrease opportunity as well as decrease revenue.
most fans have been clamoring to fix the east side. you must find it enduring. :roll:

the practice facility would effectively cover up the erector set view from the street. personally, i see that as one of the fan benefits.

Yes, I find it enduring. I'm not against change....I fully support a practice facility....what about a tunnel access from across the road to the locker room, etc? Urban and rural athletes are smart. They are about substance. They are about relationships and accomplishment. The erector set look will still basically be there when you walk around the practice field so your view will still be the same.